SciFi and Fantasy Book Club discussion

Theft of Swords (The Riyria Revelations, #1-2)
This topic is about Theft of Swords
Suggestions and Forgotten Books > Library Journal's Best Books of the Year SF/Fantasy

Comments (showing 1-4 of 4) (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Michael (last edited Nov 20, 2011 12:11AM) (new) - added it

Michael (MichaelJSullivan) | 104 comments Library Journal's Annual Best Books Lists came out and here are their picks in the SF/Fantasy Category are:

Jo Anderton's Debris Angry Robot (Veiled Worlds Trilogy, Bk. 1) $7.99
Ben Bova's Leviathans of Jupiter Tor $24.99
James S.A. Corey Leviathan Wakes Orbit: Hachette (Expanse, Bk. 1). $15.99
Lisa Goldstein's The Uncertain Places Tachyon, dist. by IPG. $14.95
Daryl Gregory's Raising Stony Mayhall Del Rey: Ballantine
George R.R. Martin's A Dance With Dragons Bantam (Song of Ice & Fire, Bk. 5) $35
Peter Orullian's The Unremembered Tor (Vault of Heaven, Bk. 1) $27.99
Hannu Rajaniemi's The Quantum Thief Tor. $24.99
Michael J. Sullivan's Theft of Swords Orbit: Hachette (Riyria Revelations, Vol. 1) $14.99
Vernor Vinge's The Children of the Sky Tor $25.99

The Children of the Sky by Vernor Vinge A Dance With Dragons (A Song of Ice and Fire, #5) by George R.R. Martin Debris (The Veiled Worlds, #1) by Jo Anderton Leviathans of Jupiter by Ben Bova Leviathan Wakes (Expanse, #1) by James S.A. Corey The Quantum Thief (The Quantum Thief Trilogy #1) by Hannu Rajaniemi Raising Stony Mayhall by Daryl Gregory Theft of Swords (The Riyria Revelations, #1-2) by Michael J.  Sullivan The Uncertain Places by Lisa Goldstein The Unremembered (The Vault of Heaven, #1) by Peter Orullian

Chris Galford (galfordc) | 22 comments Ah, A Dance with Dragons...of course that's on there. Such a good book that was - hopefully we don't have to wait another 5+ years for the next one...

But I see several on this list I actually haven't read yet. Excellent. More fuel for the "to-reads" list...

Charlene Chris, it was a good book, but like you, I am hoping we don't have to wait another 5 years for the next one!

Michael (MichaelJSullivan) | 104 comments No doubt the wait between books can be difficult - when I was doing them myself my books came out at six-month intervals. Now that they are with Orbit all three are being released in just 68 days! This delayed the last book by 9 months but overall I think that kind of accelerated scheudle was worth doing.