Q&A with Lindsay Buroker--Fantasy Author discussion

Discuss amongst yourselves...

Comments (showing 1-11 of 11) (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lindsay (new)

Lindsay (GoblinWriter) | 80 comments Mod
Just want to chat without me butting in? Go for it. My books, other people's books, what you want for Christmas... Have fun. :)

message 2: by Kendra (new)

Kendra (kendrachighley) | 2 comments What's the best book you've read this year? 2011 has seen some great releases, but my favorite (so far) has been DAUGHTER OF SMOKE AND BONE by Laini Taylor.

message 3: by Angelica (new)

Angelica | 6 comments Kendra wrote: "What's the best book you've read this year? 2011 has seen some great releases, but my favorite (so far) has been DAUGHTER OF SMOKE AND BONE by Laini Taylor."

I have been wanting to read that book "Daughter of Smoke and Bone" and kept wondering if I should. I guess I should go buy that autographed copy at UW book store if it is that good! The author was even there not that long ago. I just wasn't sure. So glad to hear it!

message 4: by Angelica (new)

Angelica | 6 comments I have read so many this year that have been great! I enjoy the YA books the most. I would have to say "Divergent" by Veronica Roth is my top pick so far.

message 5: by Lena (new)

Lena Corazon (lena_corazon) Despite the mixed reviews that it received, I really enjoyed A DISCOVERY OF WITCHES by Deborah Harkness. One of the critiques I've read is that it was too scholarly, but that is perhaps why I like it, as I'm an academic (when I'm not writing, anyway). And if SHADOWFEVER by Karen Marie Moning was published in 2011 (my memory is failing at the moment), then I'd add that to the list as well. I thought it was an explosive sort of ending to a series that I really came to love.

message 6: by Kendra (new)

Kendra (kendrachighley) | 2 comments Angelica--DIVERGENT is a very close second. I loved that one too!

message 7: by Renee Angela (last edited Nov 20, 2011 04:20PM) (new)

Renee Angela (reneeangela) | 11 comments What's your favorite funny Emperor's Edge scene?
**Try not to give out any spoilers!**

Mine is in Dark Currents on page 129-130 when Amaranth and Sicarius are getting ready to head out into the wilderness with all their gear and Amaranthe says "I guess we're prepared if any badgers look at us the wrong way." I just love that scene. I think it's hilariously cute and sweet how Amaranthe tries to give Sicarius a sense of humor...hehe

message 8: by John (new)

John Abramowitz | 3 comments Hi folks!

This is John Abramowitz. I guest-posted on Lindsay's excellent blog a few days ago. I'll have much more to say after I finish reading The Emperor's Edge (which is next on my list).

Right now, however, I wanted to say that "Atticus for the Undead" is currently #74 in the "Legal Thriller" column at Amazon. So for those of you who love zombies, urban fantasy, or a good Grisham novel, go get yours today!

http://onthebird.blogspot.com/p/legal...

message 9: by Anke (new)

Anke | 2 comments The Perfect Totem is a humorous modern fantasy short story I enjoyed immensely.

Emperor's Edge got me hooked on a series, so there must be something there. :P

The Sharing Knife series by Lois McMaster Bujold was also nice... very down to earth for a story about saving the world. XD

message 10: by Anke (new)

Anke | 2 comments Random observation: Apparently adding Emperor's Edge books and Encrypted to my shelf means now Goodreads recommends lots of paranormal erotica to me. bwuh? XD

Rochelle: Yeah, that first one is one of my favourites, too.

Another one from Emperor's Edge that I loved...
“Maybe it’s not supposed to be easy,” she said, adjusting her crossbow and walking out of the tunnel on the other side. “Maybe my chance for promotion is meant to be a great test. Maybe Hollowcrest isn’t doing anything nefarious to the emperor, and I’m not a fool for doing his bidding. And maybe, I shouldn’t be talking to myself.”

message 11: by Jennifer Walsh (new)

Jennifer Walsh | 2 comments Renée Angela wrote: "What's your favorite funny Emperor's Edge scene?
**Try not to give out any spoilers!**

From Deadly Games: "Apparently, I lack charisma."

As for best books I have read this year, I have to say that the EE series is running neck and neck with Scott Westerfield's "Leviathan" trilogy.

50x66

Q&A with Lindsay Buroker--Fantasy Author

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Perfect Totem (other topics)