Around the World in 80 Books discussion

Book Recommendations & Favorites > What Were Your Favorite Reads of 2011?

Comments (showing 1-8)    post a comment »
dateUp_arrow    newest »

Sarah | 516 comments I really read some great books in 2011. That is the year I started becoming a book worm. I only read 13 books that year though. Listed all that were great starting with most favorite :
The Poisonwood Bible by Barbara Kingsolver Life of Pi by Yann Martel White Oleander by Janet Fitch The Help by Kathryn Stockett Ahab's Wife, or The Star-Gazer by Sena Jeter Naslund The Red Tent by Anita Diamant A Prayer for Owen Meany by John Irving Lonesome Dove (Lonesome Dove, #1) by Larry McMurtry The Pillars of the Earth  (The Pillars of the Earth, #1) by Ken Follett

message 5: by mstan (last edited Nov 19, 2011 06:21PM) (new)

mstan | 127 comments 2011 has been a great year for reading!

My Name is Asher Lev (Penguin Modern Classics) by Chaim Potok These Is My Words  The Diary of Sarah Agnes Prine, 1881-1901 by Nancy E. Turner Finnikin of the Rock (Lumatere Chronicles, #1) by Melina Marchetta Surely You're Joking, Mr. Feynman! by Richard P. Feynman Ladies and Gentlemen by Adam Ross The Forgotten Beasts of Eld by Patricia A. McKillip Saving Francesca by Melina Marchetta Drums, Girls & Dangerous Pie  by Jordan Sonnenblick The Lies of Locke Lamora (Gentleman Bastards, #1) by Scott Lynch Hold Still by Nina LaCour Hate List by Jennifer Brown

Joseph  (BlueManticore) | 73 comments My Best of 2011 (in no particular order):
The Fourth Stall by Chris Rylander After the Golden Age by Carrie Vaughn Steel by Carrie Vaughn The Autobiography of Mrs. Tom Thumb by Melanie Benjamin First Grave on the Right (Charley Davidson, #1) by Darynda Jones Wereworld  Rise of the Wolf (Wereworld #1) by Curtis Jobling When She Woke by Hillary Jordan The Woman Who Heard Color by Kelly Jones

Sam | 54 comments Here are my top 10 for 2011 so far:

Still Missing by Chevy Stevens The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini The Bone House by Brian Freeman The Pirate's Daughter by Margaret Cezair-Thompson Love You More (Detective D.D. Warren #5) by Lisa Gardner The Hunger Games Trilogy Boxset by Suzanne Collins Fallen (Georgia, #3) by Karin Slaughter You're Next by Gregg Hurwitz Hothouse Flower by Lucinda Riley The Help by Kathryn Stockett

message 2: by Diane, Armchair Tour Guide (new)

Diane | 5596 comments These are my favorites for 2011 so far:

Crime and Punishment  by Fyodor Dostoyevsky Peony in Love by Lisa See Uncle Petros and Goldbach's Conjecture by Apostolos Doxiadis The Boleyn Inheritance by Philippa Gregory The Joy Luck Club by Amy Tan The Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls The Pillars of the Earth  (The Pillars of the Earth, #1) by Ken Follett Catching Fire (The Hunger Games, #2) by Suzanne Collins The Book Thief by Markus Zusak Winter Garden by Kristin Hannah The Hour of the Star by Clarice Lispector The Captain's Verses by Pablo Neruda Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier The Things They Carried by Tim O'Brien The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (Hitchhiker's Guide, #1) by Douglas Adams Persuasion by Jane Austen

message 1: by Diane, Armchair Tour Guide (new)

Diane | 5596 comments The year is almost over (hard to believe!), and I was wondering what were your favorite books that you read this year?

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (other topics)
The Things They Carried (other topics)
The Hour of the Star (other topics)
Peony in Love (other topics)
Catching Fire (other topics)
More...