Terminalcoffee discussion

Face Off! (Less Serious) > Does your electronic history reveal your pointless existence?

Comments (showing 1-14 of 14) (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by RandomAnthony (last edited Nov 16, 2011 02:34PM) (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments http://gawker.com/5860163/the-pointle...

Interesting article. What do you think?

message 2: by ~Geektastic~ (new)

~Geektastic~ (atroskity) | 3207 comments That is depressing. Now I can add social networking to the list of things that make my life seem pointless, along with my resume and my credit history.

message 3: by Suefly (new)

Suefly | 619 comments Amber ~Geektastic~ wrote: "That is depressing. Now I can add social networking to the list of things that make my life seem pointless, along with my resume and my credit history."

Nice

message 4: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments I think we should talk about Amber's resume, credit history, and social networking all at once, just to get them out of the way.

You know how facebook now sometimes shows your old statuses (stati) on the side of the page sometimes? That's always concurrently weird and interesting.

message 5: by Sally, la reina (new)

Sally (MrsNolte) | 17267 comments Mod
yes. amusing and depressing at times. I love seeing how much I was just the same as I am now back in 2008, 2009, and 2010.

message 6: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) | 23974 comments In our hearts we are all unchanging.

message 7: by ~Geektastic~ (new)

~Geektastic~ (atroskity) | 3207 comments I think we should talk about Amber's resume, credit history, and social networking all at once, just to get them out of the way.

I'm not quite sure how to interpret this remark...

message 8: by Barb (new)

Barb | 11246 comments Mod
Don't pay any attention to him. He just wants the info for his stalker spreadsheet.

message 9: by Sally, la reina (new)

Sally (MrsNolte) | 17267 comments Mod
A year and a half later I'd like to repeat my sentiment from msg 5. It really boggles my grey matter that I've been posting my every inanity in this group for FIVE years.

message 10: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) | 23974 comments I love it. Go 'round again.

message 11: by Aliyah (last edited Jul 11, 2013 01:10PM) (new)

Aliyah | 368 comments I don't think so. Not at all. But I will admit that I comment the most on this group.

message 12: by Aliyah (new)

Aliyah | 368 comments I think this applies to people who list their entire daily activities on Twitter and Facebook. I am a compulsive cyber stalker, and the most cheesy stuff I came across are people who take "selfies" (i.e. taking photos of themselves) and use excessive quotes and instagram shots of just about anything (the most common being food).

This is sometimes includes pics of their phones. Other people tend to give personal narratives of being friendzoned, rejected at parties/clubs or breakups... its really not necessary.

message 13: by Aliyah (new)

Aliyah | 368 comments It's also disturbing how common it is.

message 14: by Amelia (new)

Amelia My (2nd) cousin (in her 20's) is always taking pictures of herself and posting them to facebook...usually in a state of undress I find disturbing. I worry she has no self respect.

And, isn't facebook kind of regulated as far as content? Because, that same cousin posted (or re-posted some one else's) a pic of some girl giving a guy a blowjob. Again, it was a little surprising in my newsfeed.

My step son does it a lot as well, they're always dark and scowly and brooding. He is also in his 20's. Is it a generational thing? Because, my friends my own age don't do it. They're more likely to post pics of their food though...

unread topics | mark unread