Historical Romance discussion

General Discussion on HR Books > Highland and Viking Romances...

Comments (showing 1-17 of 17) (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Debora (new)

Debora Araujo | 13 comments Hi !
I don`t know if there already is a topic like this but I`ve never found it, so I decided to start this one.

I`ve always loved the stories which there's a big romance but also the fightings and the hero is a big warrior. In this theme I really enjoy the ones about highlanders or vikings.

Trough the years I`ve read some that I loved, but I`d like to hear from other some sugestions about the theme.

P.S. I know it`s horrible to admit it but I really don`t mind when the hero tries to force the heroine at the start to love him back.

message 2: by Nancy (new)

Nancy | 246 comments Maya Banks has a new highlander trilogy. You should also try Johanna Lindsey's older romances. She had a really good Viking one.

message 3: by Kelly (new)

Kelly (klg3566) | 19 comments I agree with Nancy. Maya Banks new highlander trilogy is awesome. I love Johanna Lindsey's Viking trilogy. Julianne MacLean highlander trilogy is excellent too.

message 4: by Kathrynn (last edited Nov 17, 2011 04:39PM) (new)

Kathrynn | 911 comments Mod
We don't have a topic with this combo, but we do have a medieval (viking?) topic here.

And a highland romance topic here.

namericanwordcat | 214 comments Maybe we need a viking topic? Vikings are a little different. But I would mostly list Sandra Hill books. lol

message 6: by Lee (new)

Lee Ann | 2 comments I'm looking for new authors to try with Highlanders. Some of the ones I already read are Hannah Howell, Sue-Ellen Welfonder, Amanda Scott, Karen Ranney, Lois Greiman, Donna Fletcher, and Julianne Maclean. I love reading about these men and want some more authors that are really good to try. Thanks for any recommendations... I forgot Michele Sinclair I love her too

message 7: by Kit★ (new)

Kit★ (xkittyxlzt) | 432 comments On a Highland Shore is a wonderful book, and it has Vikings and Highlanders. Loved this book.

message 8: by Debora (new)

Debora Araujo | 13 comments i finished reading The Highlander's Bride and I have to say I loved it !

message 9: by Christina T (new)

Christina T (crysteena73) | 3 comments Highlanders... Thirty Nights with a Highland Husband (Daughters of the Glen, #1) by Melissa Mayhue The Bride (Lairds' Fiancées, #1) by Julie Garwood Born in Sin (Brotherhood/MacAllister, #3) by Kinley MacGregor If You Dare (MacCarrick Brothers, #1) by Kresley Cole A Highlander Never Surrenders (MacGregors, #2) by Paula Quinn Mackenzie's Magic by Debra Dier Bold Breathless Nights by Penelope Neri
Vikings... Come Back to Me by Josie Litton Dream of Me/Believe in Me by Josie Litton Fires of Winter (Viking #1) by Johanna Lindsey Hearts Aflame (Viking , #2) by Johanna Lindsey

message 10: by Debora (new)

Debora Araujo | 13 comments Christina wrote: "Highlanders...Thirty Nights with a Highland Husband (Daughters of the Glen, #1) by Melissa MayhueThe Bride (Lairds' Fiancées, #1) by Julie GarwoodBorn in Sin (Brotherhood/MacAllister, #3) by Kinley MacGregorIf You Dare (MacCarrick Brothers, #1) by Kresley Cole[bookcover:A Highlander Never Surrenders..."

thank yoou ! I really like johanna lindsey's viking trilogy, especially the first one !

Michelle(Chelle) aka Nightshade - Cake Whisperer (MichMag) | 161 comments Monica McCarty

Monica McCarty has some great Highlander Books. I haven't had chance to read through all of them but the first was very good.

message 12: by Zumbagirl (new)

Zumbagirl | 147 comments Debora wrote: "Christina wrote: "Highlanders...Thirty Nights with a Highland Husband (Daughters of the Glen, #1) by Melissa MayhueThe Bride (Lairds' Fiancées, #1) by Julie GarwoodBorn in Sin (Brotherhood/MacAllister, #3) by Kinley MacGregorIf You Dare (MacCarrick Brothers, #1) by Kresley Cole[bookcover:A Highlande..."

I want to read her viking trilogy - I think I have one of them I'm waiting for from the library.

message 13: by ✿Alyssa✿ (new)

✿Alyssa✿ (mscluelyss) hey guys! I recently started reading some highlander/historical romance novels, and if you haven't read The MacKinnon Rangers series by Pamela Clare, you're seriously missing out! I just finished them both, and I quickly added them to my "favorites" shelf :) The first two in the series are:

Book #1: Surrender
Book #2: Untamed

...Book #3 comes out this June I believe, and I can't wait! (I loved them both so much, I didn't even have a favorite among the two!)

Also, her book "Ride The Fire" is FANTASTIC as well- definitely pick it up too! (that can be read as a stand-alone, but the other two I mentioned, I would recommend reading in order!) You're definitely missing out if you haven't read these three novels!

PS- if you do happen to read them, keep me posted on what you thought! :)

Kagama-the Literaturevixen | 266 comments Debora wrote: "Hi !
I don`t know if there already is a topic like this but I`ve never found it, so I decided to start this one.

I`ve always loved the stories which there's a big romance but also the fightings..."

I like highlanders as heroes...but I hate viking heroes with a passion.

I am from Sweden (land of vikings ;) but I guess Highlanders are more romantic and interesting to me.

For one they didnt pillage and abduct people (not to that extent anyway) to be their slaves as Vikings did.

And ill cringe when I come across names that are not very viking-ish but have more in common with some fantasy story.

message 15: by Cornelia (new)

Cornelia | 3 comments The Scottish Selkie is set in 9th century Scotland. A short blurb is: From Druid lore springs the tale of a wild Pict Princess, a dark Scottish warrior, and the shadowy secrect standing between them. For just two more days - it's free for Kindle Prime members - after that and regularly it's just 99 cents on kindle. The Scottish Selkie by Cornelia Amiri
It has vickings in it also. They're the bad guys in this. At he present time it's #15 on Amazon's Best Seller list for historical/romance

message 16: by namericanwordcat (new)

namericanwordcat | 214 comments I am a little confused by the free to kindle prime members stuff. Is this the library loan or? Do I have to buy it via my kindle or can I buy it on the website?

message 17: by Delaney (new)

Delaney Diamond (Delaney_Diamond) I'm reading Highlander Untamed by Monica McCarty and loving it!

Highlander Untamed (MacLeods of Skye Trilogy, #1) by Monica McCarty

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

On a Highland Shore (other topics)
The Highlander's Bride (other topics)
Fires of Winter (other topics)
The Bride (other topics)
Dream of Me/Believe in Me (other topics)
More...

Authors mentioned in this topic

Monica McCarty (other topics)