The Da Vinci Code (Robert Langdon, #2) The Da Vinci Code discussion

The Da Vinci Code, or Angels and Demons?

Comments (showing 1-50 of 302) (302 new)    post a comment »

Emily Which do you think is better? I would ask about the Lost Symbol, too, but as I haven't read it yet, I can't say anything.
I personally enjoyed Angels and Demons more since it was a little bit deeper in terms of the importance of science and religion, and the pros and cons of each. And although the writing in neither of these two books is what we common-folk refer to as "good", I thought that Angels and Demons had the upper hand there, too.
What do you think?

Laura Wise Da Vinci Code, definitely. Better writing as well as a better story, in my opinion.

Rene I agree with Laura: Book as well as movie of Da Vinci Code are better than book and movie of Angels and Demons.

Lex is da name, dont wear it out Emily wrote: "Which do you think is better? I would ask about the Lost Symbol, too, but as I haven't read it yet, I can't say anything.
I personally enjoyed Angels and Demons more since it was a little bit deep..."

I agree with you Emily, I felt that Angels and Demons was more indepth into the Illuminati and the battle between Science and Religion.

Cherie I liked Angles and Demons book better. I liked the story line more and the woman in it had more character than the one in Da Vinci Code. I liked the movie of Da Vinci Code better than the Angles and Demons movie though.

Bridget Bowers Cherie wrote: "I liked Angles and Demons book better. I liked the story line more and the woman in it had more character than the one in Da Vinci Code. I liked the movie of Da Vinci Code better than the Angles ..."

I agree. I read the Da Vinci Code first and really enjoyed it. Then saw the movie and thought it was exciting and well done.

After that I read Angels and Demons and it was a way more in depth story and intriguing mystery. The movie wasn't nearly as good as the Da Vinci Code.

Amit Patil Angels & Demons anytime!

Renelle I loved Angels & Demons. LOVED Lost Symbols. The movies on the other hand I have problems with.

Skele IMHO both the books, Angels & Demons & Da Vinci Code are good. But as usual when it's made into a film you lose a lot of the matter, which seems insignificant but really matters as the film has to be in a certain time time limit. Still in my opinion A&D was a little more better than DVC :)

message 10: by Amit (new) - rated it 4 stars

Amit Patil Renelle wrote: "I loved Angels & Demons. LOVED Lost Symbols. The movies on the other hand I have problems with."

Angels & Demons (movie) was unbearable. The Da Vinci Code had decent pace. What say?! Badly waiting for The Lost Symbol Movie.

message 11: by Amit (new) - rated it 4 stars

Amit Patil Skele wrote: "IMHO both the books, Angels & Demons & Da Vinci Code are good. But as usual when it's made into a film you lose a lot of the matter, which seems insignificant but really matters as the film has to ..."

In complete agreement with skele.

Renelle Amit wrote: "Renelle wrote: "I loved Angels & Demons. LOVED Lost Symbols. The movies on the other hand I have problems with."

Angels & Demons (movie) was unbearable. The Da Vinci Code had decent pace. What s..."

I know....I keep wondering how they are going to ruin that one, too. How can Dan Brown even put his stamp of approval on something THAT bad?????

message 13: by Amit (new) - rated it 4 stars

Amit Patil Renelle wrote: "Amit wrote: "Renelle wrote: "I loved Angels & Demons. LOVED Lost Symbols. The movies on the other hand I have problems with."

Angels & Demons (movie) was unbearable. The Da Vinci Code had decent..."

Indeed.. Also there are lots of mistakes. Worst part is Illuminati diamond wasn't displyed :O

message 14: by Tom (new) - rated it 5 stars

Tom I like Angels and Demons better as a book. Neither movie was that great. I don't know how people watched either movie and could follow it without reading the books.

Skele Amit wrote: "Renelle wrote: "Amit wrote: "Renelle wrote: "I loved Angels & Demons. LOVED Lost Symbols. The movies on the other hand I have problems with."

Angels & Demons (movie) was unbearable. The Da Vinci..."

Wasn't the Illuminati diamond the last brand used on the Camerlengo?

message 16: by Ken (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ken Magee I like the Da Vinci Code much better - anyone else feel the Illuminati got bad press?

message 17: by Amit (new) - rated it 4 stars

Amit Patil Skele wrote: "Amit wrote: "Renelle wrote: "Amit wrote: "Renelle wrote: "I loved Angels & Demons. LOVED Lost Symbols. The movies on the other hand I have problems with."

Angels & Demons (movie) was unbearable. T..."

No its the Vatican Logo... The Illuminati diamond is an an example of really great work.

message 18: by Jan (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jan I loved Angels & Demons more than its predecessor though I read its predecessor first. There just seemed to be more action as well as a more dynamic presentation lacking in The Da Vinci Code.

Skele Amit wrote: "Skele wrote: "Amit wrote: "Renelle wrote: "Amit wrote: "Renelle wrote: "I loved Angels & Demons. LOVED Lost Symbols. The movies on the other hand I have problems with."

Angels & Demons (movie) was..."

Amit, "The "Illuminati Diamond" mentioned in the book is an ambigram of the four elements arranged in the shape of a diamond." That is what I felt after reading and watching the movie. :)

Rosun Rajkumar Da Vinci Code was better for me. Maybe so because it came out first. I was thrilled to learn about the so called controversies. The story gripped me and I enjoyed the book. This didn't happen exactly with Angels and Demons although I loved this one too.

Vanessa i like Angels & Demons better :)

Deval Angels and Demons!

Cayra I enjoyed Angels and Demons a lot more, though I like DaVinci Code too. I don't like the movies because a) they get soooo much wrong (the killer of A&D in the movie was looked like a computer geek) and b) Tom Hanks is annoying as Robert Langdon (Sophie: You have an eidetic memory? Langdon: No, but I pretty much remember everything I see -_-)

Randy Christopher I loved both books and they both rank up among my favorite all-time reads. I am always having a problem with liking the first book I read by an author the best, because it usually starts me on reading each book the author writes. This is more of a sentamentality kind of thing, I think. I remember reading The Da Vinci Code and being blown away by it, and then reading Angels and Demons and being impressed as well, but not totally blown away. This made the experience more memorable, and added to its mystique. Both are great, though. Can't go wrong with either one.

message 25: by Tom (new) - rated it 5 stars

Tom Randy, excellent point. Your first book is the benchmark! I have the same feelings with cds as well.

message 26: by Jan (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jan Rosun wrote: "Da Vinci Code was better for me. Maybe so because it came out first. I was thrilled to learn about the so called controversies. The story gripped me and I enjoyed the book. This didn't happen exact..."

You do know that Angels & Demons was written before The Da Vinci Code right? Or are you talking about the movies? The movies purposely made the events of The Da Vinci Code happen before Angels & Demons.

message 27: by Amit (new) - rated it 4 stars

Amit Patil The Alpha Jan wrote: "Rosun wrote: "Da Vinci Code was better for me. Maybe so because it came out first. I was thrilled to learn about the so called controversies. The story gripped me and I enjoyed the book. This didn'..."

yes, its discussion abt movie.

Holly Maus Halbur They are both great, but I think that Angels & Demons was better. Personally I think the movies sucked and should have never been made. Read Deception Point, great book, doesn't have Langdon, but very, very good.

Cayra Holly wrote: "They are both great, but I think that Angels & Demons was better. Personally I think the movies sucked and should have never been made. Read Deception Point, great book, doesn't have Langdon, but ..."

Agree. I love both Deception Point and Digital Fortress (liked Digital Fortress more)

message 30: by Emma (new) - rated it 3 stars

Emma it's been a few years since reading either, but I do remember liking Angels and Demons a lot more. I did read The Lost Symbol, but my time spent with it was sporactic, so I can't really say how much I liked it. I hope to reread it again soon.

Harry Liked both, but definitely thought Angels & Demons was the better of the two. Both were much better than the Lost Symbol.

Harsh Rakesh Angels & Demons as one who have less knowledge of Christian religion would take a little time to try and decipher the information given in Da Vinci Code

George King "The DaVinci Code" undoubtedly deserves its place high on the list of the worst books ever written. Its short chapters insult the intelligence of the reader much like the work (I shudder to use the word) of James Patterson. Clunky dialogue, poorly realized characters, and shoddy research undermine whatever effect the author was attempting to produce. I believe that this book was aggressively promoted into best-sellerdom and then the lemming phenomenon took over. I read it because a friend raved about it, and I watched the DVD later, hoping that it might be an improvement. I was sorely disappointed on all accounts. The most aggravating feature of this book is that the author wasted a golden opportunity to undermine Christianity, but instead undermined his own credibility with the phony research and stilted writing. If you want to read a book that seriously exposes the inadequacies of Christianity, try "Misquoting Jesus," by Bart Ehrman. He's a scholar, but his book is accessible to the average reader.

Bhuvanesh obviously ANGELS AND DEMONS.

message 35: by Tom (new) - rated it 5 stars

Tom Wow ... pretentious 'man of the book' is what comes to mind. Lol ... haters, pffft.

Akshay i think i would prefer Angels & demons! Much better book with better plot though movie could have been lot better...

Maryfox Really enjoyed both DaVinci and Angels. Started Lost Symbol but put it down because it felt like reading the same story over again. Maybe it was just my frame of mind at the time.

Anagha Da Vinci Code. Yep.

Swastika Roy angels and demons..surely! with adventure thrill quota more in it

message 40: by AJ (new) - rated it 4 stars

AJ Enjoyed them both but definitely Angels and Demons for my vote. I also didn't mind the movie, which was a surprise.

Andrew Duff Enjoyed them both at first reading, but preferred Angels and Demons, the prose seemed a fraction less clunky.

Brown has some fun ideas but I do wish he'd get someone with a touch of flair to write the stories.

Monica Well I read Da Vinci code first and liked it. Read half of Angels and Demons and felt I was rereading the Da Vinci code so i stopped reading it.

Patty060 I enjoyed both books, but liked Angels and Demons better. I would not have follwed the Da Vinci Code movie if I had not alredy read the book.

Maryfox I'm surprised at how many people do both book and movie. I've never been able to do both. My brain simply isn't able to accommodate the differences between the author's vision and the screenwriter's adaptation.

Amber Angels and Demons.

bharat pantula Angels and Demons hands down.

Bekir  Baran Angels and Demons !!

message 48: by Isabella (new) - added it

Isabella Tugman Definitely The Da Vinci Code

Deborah I read Da Vinci Code first - loved it.....then read Angels & Demons and loved it even more. Books are just always better than movies - it's the nature of our own imaginations and being true what we envision. Lost Symbol is okay, not as good as the other two. IMHO.

Ceanne I loved both books and read them both in one sitting each, but preferred Da Vinci Code. My favorite of Dan Browns though is The Lost Symbol...just lLOVED it!,

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7

all discussions on this book | post a new topic

Books mentioned in this topic

The Da Vinci Code (other topics)
My Shyvani (other topics)