The Maze Runner (Maze Runner, #1) The Maze Runner discussion

Movie!

Comments (showing 1-50 of 925) (925 new)    post a comment »

themikko Oh shoot! HARDWICKE!? I HATE her movies!

Natalie Hardwicke is going to fuck it up. I hate her work

Sara i think that clip might just be for the book and not the actual movie..

Marysa It kinda looks creepy? But I think its a book trailer, not a movie trailer...

Natalie Sara wrote: "i think that clip might just be for the book and not the actual movie.."

Thats what I thought too

Kayla  Beach :) Cant wait to see the movie i hope its as good as the book was...

message 7: by Samantha (new) - added it

Samantha Pol I don't think there'll be an actually movie. I mean wouldn't the author talk about it by now?

Haidi I agree with Sara, it looks like just a book trailer, not a movie trailer, But would love it if it was going to be made into a movie.

message 9: by Pip (new) - rated it 4 stars

Pip It's got an IMDB: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1790864/

Due to be released 2013, exciting stuff. Better not be Hardwicke directing though, lol.

Haidi Cool, that is exciting!

Erika oh really... well, it seems they are making every single dystopian book into a movie.

Elizabeth La Lettrice As long as she doesn't put Kristen Stewart in it, I'll give it a chance...

Abilene Oh wow a movie! NO! not by her, she's a bad director.

Rachel hopefully the movie will go with the book though the director didn't really go with the story line in twilight. hopefully they either get a new director or go with the book :)

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

ya thats just the book trailer but i did hear about the movie

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

Samantha wrote: "I don't think there'll be an actually movie. I mean wouldn't the author talk about it by now?"
i thought so too

Katie i don't think that it will be a movie, but if so, it would be very good!

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

I gave red riding hood a chance but it was a waste of time.if that woman is directing the movie(or any movie for that matter) don't bother going to see it. yeah yeah this is just a project but hardwicke is already ruining the illusion of the book only by adding her name to it:|

Annie Sara :) wrote: "Did you hear, The Maze Runner is going to become a movie directed by Catherine Hardwicke she directed Twilight and Red Riding Hood with Amanda Seyfried. Here's a clip I found on youtube for the mo..."

Is this the legit trailer, or just a fan made video? It all looks completely different than how I pictured the Glade.

Olivia i cringed when i i found out hardwicke was doing this. i'll give her the benefit of the doubt not to mess it up. it's the best book of the series. and i am ignoring the way thomas is portrayed in that clip...not at all how i would have pictured him.

Karen Kaiser Hardwicke...yeesh. The movie for Twilight sucked, that goes without saying. Red Riding Hood...the movie wasn't completely awful; the sets and tone were great. The dialogue and acting was just terrible, which is what ruined the movie for me. But I'll give Hardwicke Red Riding Hood.

If she's directing The Maze Runner....she better not mess it up. And the actors better not mess it up. And the setting better not mess it up. The special effects better not mess it up.

There's a lot to mess up. And I'll be very upset if anything is ruined for me. I'm going to be very critical, because I'm very protective of this series.

Rachel Sara :) wrote: "Did you hear, The Maze Runner is going to become a movie directed by Catherine Hardwicke she directed Twilight and Red Riding Hood with Amanda Seyfried. Here's a clip I found on youtube for the mo..."

Is the clip a real trailer or did someone else made it??? Because it looks fake.

Chris Freeman Sara :) wrote: "haha yeah look at twilight! :( she better not klunk this up haha get it?"

I get it but I, I think, klunk (clunk?) was the slang for s***, not f*** in the novels.

message 24: by Dymond (new)

Dymond J. pursonaly i think catherine hardwicke did ok with the twilight saga's but with a movie like maze runner(if in deed there's going to be one) she'd shuck it up for sure. no dout about it.

Olivia That is the WORST trailer I have EVER seen!!! I expect better by the time it comes out!

Olivia haha its not real, a fan made trailer thank god

Vivienne Hey let's give Hardwicke a chance. Sure she fucked up every movie she's directed, but maybe this time she'll pull her act together and direct a decent movie. Let's think happy thoughts.

Haidi Nothing like positive thinking!! Other than Twilight, what else has she directed?

message 29: by Shelby (new) - added it

Shelby If this IS an actual movie coming out, I'm very curious what Greivers are going to look like. This would seem pretty dark..... And need quite a few special effects for Greivers, the maze, etc....... Pretty cool, though.

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm glad it's her! Twilight was the best out of all of those movies, and Red Riding Hood wasn't bad. I hope she can get the material from the book and really turn it onto her best movie yet. :D Although, I do admit if Tim Burton were doing this, It'd be pretty awesome. xD

Alisha Karen wrote: "Hardwicke...yeesh. The movie for Twilight sucked, that goes without saying. Red Riding Hood...the movie wasn't completely awful; the sets and tone were great. The dialogue and acting was just terri..."

I FEEL THE SAME WAY! D: i just don't want any good books to be made into movies.. it just ruins what i imagined =/ few exceptions but i really love this series and as much ask want to seeee it in live action as a movie ..i can't help but also not want it at the same time D:

message 32: by Alya (new) - rated it 5 stars

Alya Thats a trailer for the book not the movie.
Although they are planning for a movie to be directed by Catherine Hardwicke. But so far plans have been put on hold...

message 33: by Boyd (new) - rated it 5 stars

Boyd Masters NO SHE WILL NOT MESS UP ONE OF MY FAVORITE BOOKS
(I HOPE SHE DOES A GOOD JOB IN THE MOVIE)

^d3rs man that would be some interesting movie

Deidre If she did "Twilight" and "Red Riding Hood", that's a sure sign I'd hate the movie. Oh, well, can't have everything in life. I'll move on.

Crosly Anderson Karen wrote: "Hardwicke...yeesh. The movie for Twilight sucked, that goes without saying. Red Riding Hood...the movie wasn't completely awful; the sets and tone were great. The dialogue and acting was just terri..."

I'm with you on this, I love Maze Runner too bad.

message 37: by [deleted user] (new)

The clip's not for the movie... and I think she'll do well... Just hope she doesn't multiply the romance (barely any anyway) by a thousand...

don't•eat•my•books•please thomas is much better looking i am not at all excited for this!

Paraic McLean I like Hardwicke. She actually did a great job on twilight. She stuck close to the book and she even referred to it as her bible for when she was working on the movie. She sticks to books closely and that is what I like about her. So haters gonna hate.

message 40: by Jo (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jo Expect disappointment.

message 41: by Owen (new) - added it

Owen From reading this and then figuring out that first link was a book trailer made in like 2009 not a movie trailer or something, bad things are bound to happen.

message 42: by Amy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Amy the trailer is really scary and creepy. i couldnt finish watching it.

message 43: by Bethany (new)

Bethany man Hardwicke. The person who did Twilight... I hope that this one does not get shucked up like Twilight did.

Karissa Wow, I really liked that fan made video. There's a reason they were a finalist. Though they made the Gladers too nice. But they did have a time limit.

I wish everyone would stop harping about Hardwicke possibly directing it. Directors change all the time. Nothing is set in stone. Besides whoever directs it has equal chances of mucking it up.

I'm interested to see what the Grievers will look like. And reaallly hope they cast well. Nothing will make it suck the most than a horrible cast.

eilis YAY!! I heard that it was optioned, but so glad it got finalized. I can look past the whole "Twilght director" thing but the person above me is right. The cast has to be killer!!!! By that I mean no teeny boppers allowed!!

message 46: by Sam (new) - rated it 3 stars

Sam crossing my fingers for success. ;)
PLEASE may every movie adaptation turn out like HG.
THAT was good adapting. Maybe because, uh, the author was actually co-writing the screenplay and had a say? YEAH, that always works, directors. Get the authors to HELP, because they know what the heck is going on.
Please don't make it a pile of klunk, Hardwicke.

Brandon Those actors were terrible

Mgray I mostly want a movie so I can see what the Grievers look like. I could never really grasp what they looked like in my mind.

Brandon I agree.

Jessica that trailer was a whole load of F***ing creepfest. if the movie is that bad im not gonna watch the movie!

(excuse my french)

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 18 19

all discussions on this book | post a new topic

Books mentioned in this topic

The Maze Runner (other topics)
The Scorch Trials (other topics)