Romance, Historical or Otherwise discussion

Wicked 2 Watch > Twilight Saga

Comments (showing 1-32 of 32) (32 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Shell, 'The Book Bag' (new)

Shell Schroth (MsShell) | 1520 comments Mod
6 more sleeps till Edward and Bella do it... *said in a sing song voice*.... I don't know bout you ladies, but I am ready for some headboard breaking...

Wan "The Snake Charmer" (WanWaddell) | 143 comments Me too. But I'm going to see it may be on a second week. Trying to avoid the stampede.

Jaylyne (JayLockyer) | 6 comments Shell wrote: "6 more sleeps till Edward and Bella do it... *said in a sing song voice*.... I don't know bout you ladies, but I am ready for some headboard breaking..."

(Puts up Hand )...I Am!

Ladyhawk | 379 comments My twelve year old asked me, "whats up with the headboard scene?" Awkward!! But, ya I'm looking forward to the movie!!!

Ottilie (ottilie_weber) | 436 comments haha good luck ladyhawk!

message 6: by Jen (waiting for the light to change) (last edited Nov 13, 2011 08:29PM) (new)

Jen (waiting for the light to change) (JenPrice) I'm going to the double feature midnight showing. Methinks I'm a glutton for punishment as I loathe hoards of screaming fangirls. It's tradition, though, to go with my coworkers. We even had shirts specially made: Breaking Dawn + Edward=Twigasm.

I'm turning around and seeing the 10am showing on the 18th with my mom and sister. Glutton, I tell ya.

I'm quite excited about the headboard smashing & pillow ripping. ;)

Wan "The Snake Charmer" (WanWaddell) | 143 comments I told my 10 y/o son that it will be the wedding and pregnent scenes. He is not interested. So I'm going with my girlfriends. LOL.

message 8: by Shell, 'The Book Bag' (new)

TWIGASM.... That is pure perfection right there.

AlbertaJenn Wan "Artemis", the Dark-Hunters' Goddess wrote: "Me too. But I'm going to see it may be on a second week. Trying to avoid the stampede."

I am also going to go next week. Couldn't get tickets for this week for love or money!

message 10: by Shell, 'The Book Bag' (new)

I got mine 2 months ago... Im kindofafreak like that.

message 11: by Jen (waiting for the light to change) (last edited Nov 15, 2011 09:50PM) (new)

Jen (waiting for the light to change) (JenPrice) Shell wrote: "TWIGASM.... That is pure perfection right there."

Heh, yeah, we seriously have a group of about 20 of us going together to the double feature. We're freaks, but it's fun!

Did you get the soundtrack yet? :)

message 12: by Shell, 'The Book Bag' (new)

No.... I can't get it in Canada... for whatever reason the shipments were delayed, atleast at this part of the country... Figures..

Jen (waiting for the light to change) (JenPrice) Shell wrote: "No.... I can't get it in Canada... for whatever reason the shipments were delayed, at least at this part of the country... Figures.."

Awww, sad panda. I didn't get it yet, either. I can wait. lol I think this might be one of the best soundtracks so far b/c they are using a ton of my favorite artists: Christina Perri, Iron and Wind, Aqualung and Bruno Mars to name a few.

message 14: by Shell, 'The Book Bag' (new)

I know, it sounds awesome.

AlbertaJenn Shell wrote: "No.... I can't get it in Canada... for whatever reason the shipments were delayed, atleast at this part of the country... Figures.."

Odd... got mine the morning it came out here. Great tunes!

message 16: by Shell, 'The Book Bag' (new)

Okay... so... Who has seen it? What are your thoughts? I am still weirded out... Any one else think this movie had multiple personalities? It was like 2 different directors were involved, one being the king of cheese, the other being a master of drama, imagery and suspense... I was so bummed.

message 17: by Jen (waiting for the light to change) (last edited Nov 19, 2011 02:14PM) (new)

Jen (waiting for the light to change) (JenPrice) I felt that the cheese factor was more tongue in cheek this go 'round. They've embraced the fact that parts of the story are cheestastic(w/o being campy). When they needed to be serious they were and they were spot on, IMHO.

message 18: by Stacia (out of inspiration) (last edited Nov 21, 2011 05:56PM) (new)

Stacia (out of inspiration) (Stacia_R) We went to the late showing tonight to avoid the crowds. I wasn't very fond of the first half (okay, I hated it because it seemed ultra cheesy and the romance felt forced), but enjoyed the second half because it had a little bit more action and story.

My husband and I were cracking up a little over the scene with the wolves where it sounded like they were all talking in amplified stereo voice.

I was pleased to see Carter Burwell did the score again for this movie (his score for Twilight was beautiful), and that Edward and Bella danced to Flightless Bird American Mouth again at their wedding (the original prom song). I love that song by Iron and Wine.

message 19: by Shell, 'The Book Bag' (new)

Yah, they did a fantastic job with the last half, thats what I mean... For me it had 2 different feels... it was weird. I got all choked up when Bella and Edward danced to Flightless Bird too.. I thought it was perfect.. and I felt they did an amazing job with Bella sans honeymoon.... She looked like death, which is exactly how I had envisoned her while reading. The Wolves to me was the worst part... it was less realistic than the previous movies..

Bella at the end looked spectacular though...

message 20: by Jen (waiting for the light to change) (last edited Nov 20, 2011 03:27PM) (new)

Jen (waiting for the light to change) (JenPrice) My least favorite bit was the wolves mind talking. They sounded like they were talking under water.

I loved the wedding and seeing them in love. The second half with the pregnancy was so great. Bella looked amazingly awful. Loved the part where Edward heard the baby. Oh, and I liked how the imprinting was handled.

It was cool how they worked in songs from the first movie into this one. Especially, Iron and Wine's Flightless Bird American Mouth. And Bella's Lullaby ...

Ladyhawk | 379 comments I thought overall it was done pretty well! I agree with the critique! I was dying at the end!! Wanted to see Bella post delivery sooo bad! Totally anxious now!
Jen, too funny!

message 22: by Jen (waiting for the light to change) (last edited Nov 20, 2011 07:49PM) (new)

Jen (waiting for the light to change) (JenPrice) Thanks!!

Can't wait for part 2 because I'm ready for newborn kick butt Bella and to see them all hunting together!!!! (view spoiler)

Courtney  | 336 comments I just watched it. I wasn't impressed by it and thought it was so-so. There were plenty of moments where I cringed because of the acting and script.

message 24: by Jen (waiting for the light to change) (last edited Nov 25, 2011 04:43PM) (new)

Jen (waiting for the light to change) (JenPrice) Well, I don't think any of us think it's Oscar material, but it's definitely nice to see the characters/story come to life.

Like one critic said recently, it's opened the doors for better YA lit to be translated to the silver screen. Hollywood finally sees there's an audience.

Courtney  | 336 comments That's nice that they see that but sometimes it's best to leave it alone, in certain instances...

I just wanted to see Bella turn into a vampire. Didn't get much of that in the movie.

Jen (waiting for the light to change) (JenPrice) Hehehe...well, yeah. Better script, better director, better actors...it could have been AMAZING!

It's like the critic said, movies that cater to a mainly YA male demographic(comic/graphic novel movies) don't get torn to bits like the Twilight movies have. While he admits the Twilight franchise hasn't been the best out there it was the ONLY franchise to cater to a mainly female YA demographic. It's opened the doors to so much: The Vampire Diaries, The Hunger Games...

I think they chose to cut it off at that point b/c that's basically where part II started in the books. I really think the allowed the eye teaser to get those who haven't read the books to come see the last part! Clever of them, really...

Courtney  | 336 comments I don't think there was any reason to split the movie into two parts besides money.

I heard that there's not much more content left.

Mounica (mounisri) | 4 comments wanna see bella and edward hunting together,now they are completely part and parcel of each other.

message 29: by Jen (waiting for the light to change) (last edited Nov 25, 2011 09:54PM) (new)

Jen (waiting for the light to change) (JenPrice) Courtney ~in a social rut~ wrote: "I don't think there was any reason to split the movie into two parts besides money.

I heard that there's not much more content left."

Yeah, it really was for money. They totally could have pulled off a 3 hour movie.

Yeah, there really isn't a ton of content left: basically, the gearing up for the (view spoiler) It will be cool to see vamp Bella and Renesmee and...I like any excuse to see the Cullen boys: Emmett, Carlisle and Jasper. :)

Courtney  | 336 comments Jasper looked really good in Breaking Dawn and he had like, what, one line?

Jen (waiting for the light to change) (JenPrice) Courtney ~in a social rut~ wrote: "Jasper looked really good in Breaking Dawn and he had like, what, one line?"

I don't care what people say, but there is something about Jasper(maybe it's just Jackson) that gets my motor running. That halfsmile/smirk and Texas drawl. Mmm...mmm...mmm!

message 32: by Stacia (out of inspiration) (last edited Nov 26, 2011 11:39AM) (new)

Stacia (out of inspiration) (Stacia_R) I think Jackson is hot. He has stunning green eyes. You don't see that everyday.

unread topics | mark unread