Good Books for Picky Teenagers! discussion

Books > Good Clean Books

Comments (showing 1-50 of 211) (211 new)    post a comment »

Brenna{#1 Hg Fan!} What books are good reads that don't have sex, fondling, or excessive swearing in them?

message 2: by Brenna{#1 Hg Fan!} (last edited Dec 05, 2011 12:33PM) (new)

Brenna{#1 Hg Fan!} The Maze Runner (Maze Runner, #1) by James Dashner (all 3 of these are good)
Matched (Matched, #1) by Ally Condie
The Angel Experiment (Maximum Ride, #1) by James Patterson

Some light swearing in all of these (except Matched) but nothing really huge. The Hunger Games Trilogy Boxset by Suzanne Collins

Kimberleigh | 4 comments Heist Society (Heist Society, #1) by Ally Carter
Waterfall (River of Time, #1) by Lisa Tawn Bergren
Uglies (Uglies, #1) by Scott Westerfeld
Wolves, Boys and Other Things That Might Kill Me by Kristen Chandler
These are some of my favorite books, and are highly recommended on the cleanliness front :)

Brenna{#1 Hg Fan!} Oooooh! I want to read Uglies sooooo bad! :D THX!

James (TheAdventurousBookReader) | 35 comments I want to read Uglies so bad too! I'm glad that it is a clean book by the way.

Brenna{#1 Hg Fan!} me too! I was afraid it'd be dirty. Is this book clean to read? Eragon (Inheritance, #1) by Christopher Paolini

Brenna{#1 Hg Fan!} Here's a few more good ones:
The Price of Trust by Amanda Stephan
Lonely Hearts by Amanda Stephan
The Healer's Apprentice by Melanie Dickerson

Adriana Kimberly wrote: "Heist Society (Heist Society, #1) by Ally Carter
Waterfall (River of Time, #1) by Lisa Tawn Bergren
Uglies (Uglies, #1) by Scott Westerfeld
Wolves, Boys and Other Things That Might Kill Me by Kristen Chandler
These are some of my favorite books, an..."

I actually have from the library Wolves, Boys, and Other Things That Might Kill Me

Adriana Brenna wrote: "me too! I was afraid it'd be dirty. Is this book clean to read? Eragon (Inheritance, #1) by Christopher Paolini"

No, as I recall it was clean.

Adriana Uglies I mean.

Maniac Magee by Jerry Spinelli Journey to the River Sea by Eva Ibbotson How Not to Be Popular by Jennifer Ziegler Howl's Moving Castle (Castle, #1) by Diana Wynne Jones Unwind (Unwind, #1) by Neal Shusterman

Does clean mean nonviolent too?
Unwind has a tough issue in it.

Brenna{#1 Hg Fan!} Clean usually means no sex or inappropriate situations. But if you want to warn about violence too, it wouldn't hurt anything. :)

Adriana Unwind is pretty violent so just to let you know then.

Brenna{#1 Hg Fan!} okay. violence is okay for me. but some people don't like it... :) thanks!

message 14: by Lady Bilbo (Nicole) (last edited Nov 19, 2011 10:04PM) (new)

Lady Bilbo (Nicole) The Kingdom series and The Knights of Arrethtrae are really good. Christian allegories that seems like it's in the Middle Ages. (They don't have a certain time period) Whoever has not read these should.

Brenna{#1 Hg Fan!} cool, thx! :)

Adriana Rules by Cynthia Lord
such a fantastic book!

Cartle  Love♥ I love that book!

Adriana XD Just finished reading it! I heart Jason!

Cartle  Love♥ Ikr? I think I read it in the spring. It was so good. Now I have to get my sister to read it.

Adriana (:

Make her! (;

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

Hmmm.. Most of the books i read now are young Adults, but you guys may like these:

Into the Wild

The Name of this Book Is Secret

The Ruins of Gorlan
(^ This book has a tiny bit of swearing and some fighting in it. They only used The D word and I think the H word isnt a bad word really. I believe they yused the bad words about 3 times maybe less?)

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

THE CLIQUE SERIES

Adriana The name of this book is secret sounds good

Ida B. . . and Her Plans to Maximize Fun, Avoid Disaster, and (Possibly) Save the World by Katherine Hannigan

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

Adriana wrote: "The name of this book is secret sounds good

Ida B. . . and Her Plans to Maximize Fun, Avoid Disaster, and (Possibly) Save the World by Katherine Hannigan"

I read that...

Oh, it is good. ;)

Adriana I love how everyone has read what I've read. It's nice to know I'm not alone. (:

I loved how she would talk to the trees and I really didn't like Paulie T.

message 26: by Cartle (last edited Nov 25, 2011 01:12PM) (new)

Cartle  Love♥ I almost read Ida B but I didn't. I really can't remember why. lol I'll get it next time I got to the libary. The Name of This Book. Is awesome! Thats whole series is good.

Adriana Chains (Seeds of America, #1) by Laurie Halse Anderson
It's historical fiction so there are some evil people in it but otherwise good.

Shannon -The Hunger Games series
-The Left Behind series
-"Choosing to SEE" by Mary Beth Chapman
-"The Shack" by a person (I forgot who they are)
-The Love comes softly series

and I have lots more that I would like to list!!! :D

Brenna{#1 Hg Fan!} I <3 the hunger games!

Shannon Same!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Heartblade ♬(ノ゜∇゜)ノ♩ (Heartblade) | 69 comments A Tale dark and Grimm. It's a mix of the Grimm Fairy tales into one story. It's really good!

Brenna{#1 Hg Fan!} oooohhh! those sound so good!

Adriana Going to read Pennys from Heaven soon! I think..

Matched is clean! I don't think I even remember there being any curse words for you guys who don't like that.
Matched (Matched, #1) by Ally Condie

Brenna{#1 Hg Fan!} There isn't. That one of the things I loved about it! :D

Emily (EmilyMorland) Hey, everyone, I have a suggestion; should we start putting these on our bookshelf?

Shannon I haven't heard about it...

Brenna{#1 Hg Fan!} OMG!!! you haven't? It is AWESOME!! :P

Shannon I'll add it to my to-read shelf then :D

Brenna{#1 Hg Fan!} okay! let me know if you like it! I can't wait to read Crossed! :D

Cartle  Love♥ I'm dying to read Matched! I'm so going to the library soon. :)

Cartle  Love♥ Has anyone read Before I Fall? Was it clean?

Adriana Yep. It was really good. I'm fairly certain there was nothing bad in it.

Adriana It was actually beyond fantastic. Just letting you know...

Adriana So far Beautiful Creatures is completely clean and it looks like it's going to stay that way.

Adriana A small town boy who wants to be anywhere else then there. He has been dreaming about falling and this girl who always slips his grasps. He wakes up with mud and the small of lemons and rosemary.

Then comes in the girl from his dreams. She's moved in the "haunted" mansion with her old crazy uncle who never leaves. His own father is the same way since his mother died but he has Amma who is very superstitious....

Brenna{#1 Hg Fan!} Cartle wrote: "Has anyone read Before I Fall? Was it clean?"

I read one of the reveiws on it and it said there was a 'scene' in it. But I've never read it just going by reviews.

Adriana Hmmm... I really don't remember anything.... maybe I filter these things out?

Cartle  Love♥ Brenna wrote: "Cartle wrote: "Has anyone read Before I Fall? Was it clean?"

I read one of the reveiws on it and it said there was a 'scene' in it. But I've never read it just going by reviews."

One of my best friends read it and loved it but sometimes she is fine with things I'm not. She always gets me a book for my b'day and she reads the books before she gives them to me to make sure I'd like. :)

Uglies was really good and I'm almost done with The Cardturner:A Story of a King,Queen,and a Joker. Its clean except for three(maybe,didn't really count) curses and using the Lord's name. There was a mention of some guy being the father of a lady and the two main characters sharing a room(Not sexually). Its a really good book. Very funny too.

« previous 1 3 4 5

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Angel Experiment (other topics)
Matched (other topics)
The Maze Runner (other topics)
Wolves, Boys and Other Things That Might Kill Me (other topics)
Waterfall (other topics)
More...