BookSpark discussion

Shatter Me (Shatter Me, #1)
This topic is about Shatter Me
Read With Me! > Shatter Me - BR Discussion

Comments (showing 1-11 of 11) (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Anagha (new) - added it

Anagha (anaavu) | 511 comments Mod
Did you choose to read Shatter Me? Good for you! Let's talk about it!

message 2: by Cambria (new)

Cambria (Cambria409) | 178 comments This looks really good. I will have to remember it so I can read it. Right now my time is tight but I am keeping a list of all the books I want to read. The list is getting crowded! So many great books out there.

message 3: by Anagha (new) - added it

Haha same here!

message 4: by Cambria (new)

Cambria (Cambria409) | 178 comments never enough time ANA!!!

Hey do ever listen to audio books?

message 5: by Anagha (new) - added it

Sometimes, if I can get hold of them. I wish I got more of them-I love audiobooks!

Brenna (EverAfterEsther) | 10 comments Shatter Me is fantastic- I really, really enjoyed it! I know some people didn't really like the writing style, but it struck me as just bieng so different and I immediately took to it.

I've actually heard that Shatter Me is supposed to have a good audiobok! I kind of want to check it out sometime :)

message 7: by Anagha (new) - added it

Good to hear! In what way is the writing style different?

Brenna (EverAfterEsther) | 10 comments Anagha wrote: "Good to hear! In what way is the writing style different?"

I think I do a better job describing it in my review (here), but I'll try to sum it up here:

It strikes me as very lyrical, almost like prose. You really get into Juliette's head, almost as if she was writing EVERYTHING she was thinking down on paper. I found it to be effective.

Another thing: have you heard about the strike outs yet? Some phrases and words have a line drawn through them- that's on purpose. It can be annoying for some readers, but I thought it was a really cool idea. Gives you a better idea of her thoughts and feelings.

message 9: by Anagha (new) - added it

Huh that does sound unique!

No, I didn't get the ARC/buy the book (not yet anyway)

Elena (pessimisticElly) | 1 comments You are right, the writing style in the first part of the book is definitely something to behold. It's very lyrical and somewhat fragile. I put a quote in my review that sums it up pretty well I think:

"I always wonder about raindrops.
I wonder about how they’re always falling down, tripping over their own feet, breaking their legs and forgetting their parachutes as they tumble right out of the sky toward an uncertain end. It’s like someone is emptying their pockets over the earth and doesn’t seem to care where the contents fall, doesn’t seem to care that the raindrops burst when they hit the ground, that they shatter when they fall to the floor, that people curse the days the drops dare to tap on their doors.

I am a raindrop."

However I personally did not find the plot of the novel sufficiently enticing.

message 11: by Anagha (new) - added it

That's beautiful! I really want to read this now. I got the book so hopefully soon!

unread topics | mark unread