Quilt, Read, Eat, Sleep.... What Else Is There? discussion

Comments (showing 1-3 of 3) (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kathryn (last edited Nov 10, 2011 08:41AM) (new)

Kathryn (KathrynH) Thanksgiving is two weeks from today. It's just my husband and I for dinner and we just love it. We have a very small family and our daughter and her husband both have to work the day after Thanksgiving, so we all agree it's best to celebrate with each other via Skype. I've put a fun package together for them to mail next week.

I'm off to a three day quilt retreat tomorrow with our quilt guild at Lake Chelan WA, a 45 minute drive from here. I've spent the week cutting out projects, drawing the lines for half square trianges and have all of the hard stuff taken care of so I can sit and do somewhat mindless sewing while listening to all of the chatter around me. It will be great fun.

I'm on the last few pages of A Lesson in Secrets. It's the 8th book in the series and it's been such a wonderful journey with Maisie Dobbs the main character. I am hoping the author Jacqueline Winspear has another book in the series coming out soon.

Now I will start reading holiday books. First on the list is The Snow Angel, then Comfort & Joy and then The Autobiography of Santa Claus.

What is everyone else up to? I miss Judy's postings, I sure hope she gets connected again soon.

Jaci Worth | 37 comments Greetings everyone! I can't believe that it almost the middle of November. Pretty soon, it will be time to start writing those holiday cards and get those presents wrapped, then, it will be 2012. The years are going by faster and faster.

Last month, I ventured to the International Quilt Museum in Lincoln, NE (http://www.quiltstudy.org/). I originally went to Omaha to visit my friend Michelle. She is not a quilter, and I told her the only way I would come to see her would be if she took me to this museum! Ha ha! This is a very small museum, but it sure did pack a punch. They had several small displays that showed early era sewing machines and notions as well. There were also some very interesting quilts there; some dated back to the early 1800's. The main exhibit was called Quilted Messages by Yvonne Wells. Ms. Wells taught in public schools for most of her life but in 1979 while her home was being remodeled, she decided to make her first quilt. Her quilts are "picture" quilts and each one tells a story. I thought they were interesting.

Not much more is going on in my neck of the woods. We haven't received any snow here yet...it was 70 degrees here today! The longer we can push off the snow, the better I say!

Hope you are all doing well!

Oh, BTW, Judy is now back up and running. She is just catching up with everything. I'm sure we'll all "see" her around soon!

Judy Iliff (JudyI) | 301 comments Mod
I'm really bad! I got so much done when I was off-line that I've been shutting down the computer fairly early every night and working on projects.

We're closer to having the remodeling done, but it's not done yet. Glenn's study turned out really nice although it's not completely finished, yet. We were waiting on the shelving system Kris order for adjustable shelves. Glenn decided he can live with permanent shelves. Hopefully Kris will get hose in next week. This past week he worked on the guest room. He'll start putting in the floor on Monday. It needs to be finished before Thanksgiving because Jaci is coming over Thursday night. It would be nice if she had bed in which to sleep. LOL! Once the guest room is finished, Kris will do the master bedroom and we'll be finished for this year! Yea!

While I've been off-line, I read 5 books, watched movies, and knit 4 scarves. I also worked on the hydrangea wall hanging. As I said in another post, I ran out of petals; so now I have to make more.

If any of you have read the Inheritance series (Eragon), the final book of the series came out and I've been reading it. It's too heavy to read in bed at night. I figure I'd break my nose if I fell asleep, so I've been reading the 2nd Craig Johnson book which I'm really enjoying. BTW, I could have bought the Kindle edition of Inheritance, but I've donated the previous 3 to our alternative high school and thought I should give them the 4th.

We had snow last night and this morning. It's the most we've gotten so far this year. It's really pretty outside, but right now it's really cold - -5F! Monday I have a dentist appointment to get my teeth cleaned. I don't "do" dentists very well and have to take a tranquilizer just to get there. They use nitros and it still hurts. I come home and sleep for 4 or 5 hours. I hate losing a whole day this way, but it's better than the alternative!

Have a great Thanksgiving if I don't get back before then!

Quilt, Read, Eat, Sleep.... What Else Is There?

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Snow Angel (other topics)
The Autobiography of Santa Claus (other topics)
Comfort & Joy (other topics)
A Lesson in Secrets (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Jacqueline Winspear (other topics)