Silence (Hush, Hush, #3) Silence discussion

Nephilim vs. Angels

Comments (showing 1-11 of 11) (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Geralyn I have a question. Now don't get me wrong, I've read ALL the books and fell in love with each one but I'm confused. I don't fully understand why the Nephilim and Fallen angels hate each other so much? I mean Fallen angels were the ones who accidently created the nephilim race and how would the fallen angels like it if they were beat until they swore a vow which trapt them inside their own bodies during cheshvan. Dont get me wrong I am team Patch all the way. But I just don't get why everyone hates each other so much and that there will be a war. Plus one of the books says that fallen angels only posses because its in their nature. They can't feel anything or taste food so they want to possess something that can. But possessing a human is difficult because the human may die before cheshvan is even over. So this is why they possess nephilim. But doesn't that make fallen angels selfish and actually give nephilim a right to rebel. Please tell me if you agree/disagree or if I just made a mistake.

Jena Geralyn wrote: "I have a question. Now don't get me wrong, I've read ALL the books and fell in love with each one but I'm confused. I don't fully understand why the Nephilim and Fallen angels hate each other so mu..."

First of all, conflict makes the fictional world go round.

Second of all, you are right. Fallen angels are selfish and manipulative. However, that it their nature. They are fallen, hence evil. They fell from heaven. They can't feel anything so they need to posses a body in order to. Nephilim are the only people that are strong enough to lend their body to a fallen angel because they can't die.

Because they lose control of their body for those two weeks of Chesvan, they have grown to hate the fallen. Now, they've finally had enough, and the war is coming.

message 3: by S.L.J. (new) - added it

S.L.J. Actually, there is no real evidence or original text hat says Nephillim are the children of Fallen Angels. It's a term used to describe an angel/human hybrid. There is nothing to say that Nephilim can't be the children of angels still loyale to heaven.

Jena Sammy wrote: "Actually, there is no real evidence or original text hat says Nephillim are the children of Fallen Angels. It's a term used to describe an angel/human hybrid. There is nothing to say that Nephilim ..."

I would agree with you, however, the thing that wouldn't make sense is the fact that angels are not supposed to have children with humans or even fall in love with humans. That's the whole conflict for Crescendo. Angels would become fallen if they were to have children with humans.

message 5: by Geralyn (last edited Nov 10, 2011 08:03PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Geralyn Sammy wrote: "Actually, there is no real evidence or original text hat says Nephillim are the children of Fallen Angels. It's a term used to describe an angel/human hybrid. There is nothing to say that Nephilim ..."

Actually there is, in Silence when Patch asks Nora to leave with him at the end of the book, she thinks back to what Patch told her... which was Fallen angel+human=nephilim. It was said that a fallen angel thought it'd be a great idea to piss off the archangels by sleeping with the woman he was a guardian angel for. Hence, the nephilim were born. And also nora was freaking out because if fallen angel and human made a nephilim, she wonders what a fallen and a nephilim would make.

message 6: by S.L.J. (new) - added it

S.L.J. LOL I meant in really life. :P

There's virtually nothing known about Nephilim in real historical texts. I think they appear in the Hebrew bible only twice and there some stuff about them in the Dead Sea Scrolls. The whole Fallen Angels making babies thing is a fictional indulgence.

Apprently the name itself can mean a whole bunch of things. Most of the time it's translated to mean 'Giants'. It can also mean 'the one who is fallen', 'the one who is bound' and 'the one who is appointed'.

From the bible - Genesis: The Nephilim were on the earth in those days—and also afterward—when the sons of God went to the daughters of men and had children by them. They were the heroes of old, men of renown.

Desiree Schreck I LOVE BOTH NEPHILIM AND ANGELS!!!

Paulie FALLEN angels, not angels. I also like Nephilim too :) okay, so it's a tie!

Bulma Books Geralyn wrote: "Sammy wrote: "Actually, there is no real evidence or original text hat says Nephillim are the children of Fallen Angels. It's a term used to describe an angel/human hybrid. There is nothing to say ..."

To answer Nora's question about what would an fallen angel and a nephilim make? :
Nora, there's only one way to find out, right?....
:)

Desiree Schreck Paulie wrote: "FALLEN angels, not angels. I also like Nephilim too :) okay, so it's a tie!"

if Lightwood is ur real last name thats awesome!! :)

Desiree Schreck Bulma wrote: "Geralyn wrote: "Sammy wrote: "Actually, there is no real evidence or original text hat says Nephillim are the children of Fallen Angels. It's a term used to describe an angel/human hybrid. There is..."

HAA HAA :) that would be AMAZING!

all discussions on this book | post a new topic

Books mentioned in this topic

Silence (other topics)