The Name of the Star (Shades of London, #1) The Name of the Star discussion

Cover

Comments (showing 1-13 of 13) (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by georgia (new)

georgia  -ωαт¢н ɱє fℓу- I have absolutely NO idea. I read the other version, the one with the girl with black hair, so I think it's safe to assume that she's Rory. Myabe it's Charlotte or one of the Rippers victims on that cover?

message 2: by Amber (new) - added it

Amber Simpson It's one of the rippers victims I think because I remember one of them having red hair. Just a guess though....

Kathy Yeah she is one of the victims, I think she was the one they found on the school campus. And yes I thought at first that it was Rory before reading.

Gabrielle - Four's ma bae oh thats who it was x lol x i was wondering that too x

Veronica I thought that it could have been Charlotte. Especially after he attacked her in the dorm room. But the man on the cover doesn't look like how the ghost was described so maybe it was supposed to be the original Jack and one of his victims...

Gabrielle - Four's ma bae it is a bit confusing isn't it?
Its a nice cover though
Better than the other one i have.

message 7: by Em (new) - rated it 4 stars

Em I assumed it was one of the victims, the one who was wearing period clothes, but who the heck knows? The cover is kind of baffling.

message 8: by Mia (new) - rated it 3 stars

Mia Yeah, I think it's the victim who died in her Victorian clothes.
I find this cover bit cheesy, though. And it doesn't reflect the book that well...

Namrata georgia wrote: "I have absolutely NO idea. I read the other version, the one with the girl with black hair, so I think it's safe to assume that she's Rory. Myabe it's Charlotte or one of the Rippers victims on tha..."

Haha. Shows how much everyone despises Charlotte. Even the front-cover-maker was probably like DIE CHARLOTTE. DIE! DIE! DIE!!

Holly Oh boy. This cover :/ It is very misleading. I'm guessing it was designed by someone who hadn't read the book and was told to design a cover for a YA book about a Jack the Ripper ghost. So you end up with a ghost & victim in period clothing. Not gonna lie, before I read the book I didn't actually know it was set in modern times.

And for clarification, this is the cover we're talking about, right? The Name of the Star (Shades of London, #1) by Maureen Johnson
Because there are other ones, but I imagine this is the most popular.

Laura I'm not sure who the girl is supposed to be, but I think she is one of the victims. Another thing, the ghost doesn't look anything like the ripper in the book, who is supposed to be bald.

message 12: by Lynn (new) - rated it 3 stars

Lynn I've seen the new cover in the bookstore recently - much more modern and teen friendly.

message 13: by Lynn (new) - rated it 3 stars

Lynn I've seen the new cover in the bookstore recently - much more modern and teen friendly.

all discussions on this book | post a new topic

Books mentioned in this topic

The Name of the Star (other topics)