Nothing but Reading Challenges discussion

Book News > Free Ebook borowing with Amazon Prime

Comments (showing 1-9 of 9) (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

Jex (Jexball) | 2173 comments With the launch of their new products, Amazon has decided to do a free Kindle Lending library for all Amazon Prime members. Now you'll have access to one book a month from a list of over 5000 books (and growing) if you're a Prime user. This already on top of the free video streaming and free 2 day shipping and other prime discounts for $79 a year.

What are your thoughts? Is it worth it?

http://www.amazon.com/ref=gno_logo

A Voracious Reader (a.k.a. Carol) (avidreader68) | 735 comments We're thinking of signing up. We've been talking about it for awhile now. We're pretty happy with Netflix, so Prime would supplement it.

Jex (Jexball) | 2173 comments The student version of Amazon Prime doesn't include video or book lending. I have the student version and it makes me sad.

I think the purpose of the book lending is to make people more interested in the Kindle fire. With prime you basically have free access to all of Amazon's streaming services making the Fire the best device for you to choose if you're looking for a tablet media device.

This didn't really entice me either. I do own a Kindle but between the library and the free books I find, I have more then enough to read. I would probably take advantage of the book lending if I already had prime but at this point I have the student prime account which gets me the free shipping, and after that I can use the BF's account that he already pays for.

I'm interested to see how much it grows. I know with the video service it started as crap and is now one of the top competitors, so who knows, maybe the lending service will become great.

message 4: by Lisarenee, your friendly neighborhood moderator (last edited Nov 04, 2011 07:03AM) (new)

Lisarenee | 8403 comments Did you guys see, and I'll post this in another section too, that Amazon is doing a giveaway of the Kindle fire on Facebook? Just like their page and give them your name and email and you are entered. Here is the link:
https://www.facebook.com/amazonappsto...

Rachel (treychel) | 1627 comments I thought the Amazon Prime lending was pretty cool, but I didn't know it was only one a month. That's sad!

message 6: by Lisarenee, your friendly neighborhood moderator (new)

Lisarenee | 8403 comments If only we all lived closer we could swap devices occasionally and we'd all be set.

message 7: by Lisarenee, your friendly neighborhood moderator (last edited Nov 06, 2011 08:11AM) (new)

Lisarenee | 8403 comments Here's a new book that prime members can borrow from Amazon:
Already Gone by John Rector
Already Gone by John Rector

A Voracious Reader (a.k.a. Carol) (avidreader68) | 735 comments One a month is fine with me since we were going to sign up for the streaming anyway. Between my home library, the 2 public library systems near me, Booksfree and Smashwords, not to mention the books I buy at Amazon and B&N, I've got enough to keep me busy until I croak which hopefully won't be for another 50+ years.

Sashana | 6358 comments Carol wrote: "I've got enough to keep me busy until I croak which hopefully won't be for another 50+ years. "

lol

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Already Gone (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

John Rector (other topics)