Viskanta Readers discussion

The Son of Neptune (The Heroes of Olympus, #2)
This topic is about The Son of Neptune
The Author > A great adventure

Comments (showing 1-2 of 2) (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Wow!Rick Riordan has proven his great writing skills once again. I loved his Percy Jackson series, and know I am enjoying his next book series, Heroes of Olympus. This series continues with Percy and some added characters. The series is based off of the last book in Jackson series, where the next prophecy is revealed. The second book, The Son of Neptune, gives another insight of the prophecy, but from Percy's view. As the first one, The Lost Hero, gives the view of Jason. This book is a great way to learn about the Roman/Greek myths, and just learning a lot about mythology. This is an amazing book, to my knowledge, better than the first, though the first was great as well.

message 2: by Viskantateach (new)

Viskantateach | 78 comments Mod
Aime-You're absolutely right that learning about myths can be more fun when a good story is written about them. Do you know how accurate the author is with the myths he is writing about? I'd be interested in knowing more about that. Myths are stories that help explain and make sense of the world for us. Is there a favorite myth that you have read about so far? I'm glad you're enjoying his writing!
Mr. Viskanta

unread topics | mark unread