Book Buying Addicts Anonymous discussion

Good Buys > November 2011 Purchases

Comments (showing 1-50 of 67) (67 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Joseph (new)

Joseph  (BlueManticore) | 1434 comments Mod
Hope you had a good Samhain and a fun Halloween. Now share what treats you get in November.

message 2: by Michelle (last edited Nov 03, 2011 06:19AM) (new)

Michelle | 474 comments I haven't bought anything yet, but I'm going to a library booksale this evening. I can hardly wait!

message 5: by Kathryn (new)

Kathryn (26kathryn) | 42 comments Today I got:
The Ant Colony by Jenny Valentine Midwife on Call by Agnes Light 31 Bond Street by Ellen Horan

message 7: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 474 comments I bought quite a few paperback books at a library booksale (too many to list!) and for my nook I bought:

Buttercream Bump Off (Cupcake Bakery Mystery, #2) by Jenn McKinlay Death by the Dozen (Cupcake Bakery Mystery, #3) by Jenn McKinlay Texas Destiny (Texas Trilogy, #1) by Lorraine Heath

message 8: by Colby (new)

Colby (Colbz) The Death Cure (Maze Runner, #3) by James Dashner *kerplodes*

And I'm going to my library's booksale tomorrow.

message 9: by Jocelin (new)

Jocelin | 146 comments So far this month it has been Crossed (Matched, #2) by Ally Condie, Night Hawk by Beverly Jenkins

message 10: by Joseph (new)

Disappearing Nightly (Esther Diamond, #1) by Laura Resnick

message 11: by Colby (new)

Colby (Colbz) At the booksale I picked out A Farewell to Arms (Scribner Classic) by Ernest Hemingway and Nightmares and Dreamscapes by Stephen King for a quarter each. I plan to go back Thursday when you can buy a bag for a buck!

message 12: by Candace (new)

Candace (BookCandie) | 2 comments The Passage by Justin Cronin SO GOOD!!!
The Taker by Alma Katsu SOOO GOOOOOD!!!
Anticipating Crossed (Matched, #2) by Ally Condie and The Death Cure (Maze Runner, #3) by James Dashner will be next!!!

message 13: by Bridget (new)

Bridget (BridgetStage) | 13 comments Oh no. I have gotten way to many treats. I have been bad.

Awake at Dawn (Shadow Falls, #2) by C.C. Hunter The Mermaid's Mirror by L.K. Madigan Enthralled  Paranormal Diversions by Melissa Marr Another Pan (Another, #2) by Daniel Nayeri Switch by Tish Cohen The Ultimate Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (Hitchhiker's Guide, #1-5) by Douglas Adams Daughter of Smoke and Bone (Daughter of Smoke and Bone, #1) by Laini Taylor The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater The Name of the Star (Shades of London, #1) by Maureen Johnson

And these darlings are on their way in the mail, and should be coming tomorrow: Hatter by Daniel  Coleman The Maze of Bones (39 Clues, #1) by Rick Riordan One False Note (39 Clues, #2) by Gordon Korman Uncommon Criminals (Heist Society, #2) by Ally Carter The Sorcerer's Apprentice Junior Novel (Junior Novelization) by James Ponti Elemental Reality (Elemental, #1) by Cesya MaRae Cuono Always a Witch (Witch, #2) by Carolyn MacCullough Death Note  L, Change the World by M Dearly, Departed (Gone With the Respiration, #1) by Lia Habel Before I Die by Jenny Downham Hunting Lila by Sarah Alderson Inheritance (Inheritance, #4) by Christopher Paolini

message 14: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany (herbtiff) | 319 comments Happy Day, the final book should be here any day: Inheritance

message 15: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (heidinelsonPAC) | 1 comments I just bought the christmas cookie club to get in the holiday spirit :-)

message 16: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (BooksAndaBeagle) Nevermore (Nevermore, #1) by Kelly Creagh The Maze Runner (Maze Runner, #1) by James Dashner Invisible Monsters by Chuck Palahniuk Catching Fire (The Hunger Games, #2) by Suzanne Collins Shadow's Edge (Night Angel, #2) by Brent Weeks and hopefully today I will be picking up Inheritance (Inheritance, #4) by Christopher Paolini :D

message 17: by Mary (new)

Mary Chambers (Marycha) | 49 comments I bought THE BELIEVER'S GUIDE TO BIBLE CHRONOLOGY by Charles Ozanne. I will be buying HEAVEN by Randy Alcorn and HEAVEN IS FOR REAL.

message 18: by Alondra (new)

Alondra I just had The Night Eternal delivered from amazon, along with Stephen King's N. My first graphic novel. (i know, i'm late)

message 19: by Rakgi (new)

Rakgi | 16 comments Bought The Secret Prince (Knightley Academy, #2) by Violet Haberdasher Power and Majesty by Tansy Rayner Roberts and The Shattered City by Tansy Rayner Roberts today

message 20: by Shaik (new)

Shaik | 3 comments Just received "The EFT Manual" from Amazon.

message 21: by Colby (new)

Colby (Colbz) More library book sale jollies! I've bought six books there and haven't spent a full buck yet! :D

Night by Elie Wiesel BLACKBOX by Nick Walker Everyman by Philip Roth The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold

Yeah, I know, glare at me for that last one.

message 22: by Caitlin (new)

Caitlin (CatsBooksandCritters) | 71 comments My copy of Inheritance (Inheritance, #4) by Christopher Paoliniarrived yesterday.

message 23: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (BooksAndaBeagle) excited! Im so happy its finally out

message 24: by Colby (new)

message 25: by Stefani (new)

Stefani (steffiebaby140) So far just one that I picked up from the aquarium yesterday.

Demon Fish  Travels Through the Hidden World of Sharks by Juliet Eilperin

message 26: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (BooksAndaBeagle) Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor The Ask and the Answer (Chaos Walking, #2) by Patrick Ness :( should not be allowed in stores hha

message 27: by Alondra (new)

Alondra just ordered 11/22/63 and Inheritance off Amazon. Booksamillion didn't even have Inheritance on sale!! It was $27 at bookstore and $16 online; what the smack?? AND, i get free delivery.... What!!??

message 28: by Rakgi (new)

message 29: by Danielle (new)

Danielle | 36 comments I was at my library's booksale yesterday. When I have time I will list all 15 of them.

message 30: by Ellie (new)

Ellie (EllieArcher) So far this month I've bought 1Q84 by Haruki Murakami Two Wrongs Don't Make a Write (The Cassandra Ellis Mysteries) by Cathy Wiley The Greenhouse by Audur Ava Olafsdottir The Redbreast (Harry Hole, #3) by Jo Nesbø Sophie Scholl and the White Rose by Annette Dumbach The Journey of the Mind Into God by St. Bonaventure of Bagnoregio Silence of the Grave by Arnaldur Indriðason Saint Chrysostom   Homilies on the Gospel of St. John and the Epistle to the Hebrews by John Chrysostom Fire and Ice (Liam Campbell) by Dana Stabenow Snow Angels by James M. Thompson Shoes To Die For (A Jaine Austen Mystery, #4) by Laura Levine

message 31: by Shauna (new)

Shauna Castle | 78 comments Bought Reckoning (Strange Angels, #5) by Lili St. Crow yesterday at Books-a-Million.

message 32: by Joseph (new)

Bought at Half Price: Dewey  The Small-Town Library Cat Who Touched the World by Vicki Myron Marvel 1602 by Neil Gaiman Marvel 1602  Spider-Man Premiere HC by Jeff Parker

message 33: by Rakgi (new)

Rakgi | 16 comments Hidden Warrior (The Tamír Triad, #2) by Lynn Flewelling The Bone Doll's Twin (The Tamír Triad, #1) by Lynn Flewelling The Oracle's Queen (The Tamír Triad, #3) by Lynn Flewelling and for mum Elvis and Me by Priscilla Beaulieu Presley

message 34: by Bridget (new)

Bridget (BridgetStage) | 13 comments And new books. Yaaay. I should stop for this month.
The Girl in the Steel Corset (Steampunk Chronicles, #1) by Kady Cross Eon (Eon, #1) by Alison Goodman Between the Sea and Sky by Jaclyn Dolamore The Pledge (The Pledge, #1) by Kimberly Derting Don't Expect Magic by Kathy McCullough.

message 35: by Joseph (new)

Just got Tricks of the Trade (Paranormal Scene Investigations #3) by Laura Anne Gilman

message 37: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (BooksAndaBeagle) The Final Empire (Mistborn, #1) by Brandon Sanderson The Exorcist by William Peter Blatty Gladiatrix (Gladiatrix, #1) by Russell Whitfield One Thing Led to Another  The Real Story by Mark Brandon Read The Blood Countess (Pandora English, #1) by Tara Moss Up Till Now by William Shatner (some are for family members)

message 38: by Rakgi (new)

message 39: by Sonya (new)

Sonya v.e. | 351 comments almost bought a book today, but practiced restraint for christmas and my birthday.

message 40: by Ilean (new)

Ilean (IleanFulton) | 174 comments I went to a library book sale today and bought for $3.50
"Luxe" pb, by Anna Godberson, "Missing Joseph" and "Missing Elena" by Eliz. George, "Greygallows" and "Patriots Dream" by Barb. Michaels, "More Than Friends"Barb. Delinsky HB,
"Freedom" HB by Jon. Franzen, "Call me Mrs. Miracle" HB by Deb. Macomber, "Escape" HB by Barb. Delinsky, "Secrets to the Grave" HB by Tami Hoag

11 books $3.50! mostly hardback-nearly new condition too!

'

message 41: by Chrissy (new)

Chrissy | 106 comments I caved on my book-buying ban...
Trauma Junkie by Janice Hudson and Saber's Edge  A Combat Medic in Ramadi, Iraq by Thomas A. Middleton

message 42: by Rakgi (new)

message 43: by Louise (new)

message 44: by Colby (new)

Colby (Colbz) Bought Leaving Paradise (Leaving Paradise, #1) by Simone Elkeles on Amazon the other day when it was 99 cents on Kindle.

message 45: by Caitlin (last edited Nov 25, 2011 09:53AM) (new)

Caitlin (CatsBooksandCritters) | 71 comments I got a budget from my mom for my christmas gifts and I spent about half of it on books from betterworldbooks.com

Califia's Daughters by Leigh Richards I Who Have Never Known Men by Jacqueline Harpman Wicked  The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West (Wicked Years, #1) by Gregory Maguire The Turning (Blood Ties, #1) by Jennifer Armintrout Dealing with Dragons (Enchanted Forest Chronicles, #1) by Patricia C. Wrede Wolf  The Journey Home by Asta Bowen No Touch Monkey  And Other Travel Lessons Learned Too Late (Adventura Books Series) by Ayun Halliday Ender's Shadow (Shadow Series, #1) by Orson Scott Card My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult The Storyteller's Daughter  A Retelling of "The Arabian Nights" by Cameron Dokey Midnight Pearls  A Retelling of "The Little Mermaid" (Once Upon a Time) by Debbie Viguié The Emperors of Chocolate   Inside the Secret World of Hershey and Mars by Joël Glenn Brenner Voyage on the Great Titanic  The Diary of Margaret Ann Brady, R.M.S. Titanic, 1912 (Dear America) by Ellen Emerson White Raptor Red by Robert T. Bakker When Elephants Weep  The Emotional Lives of Animals by Jeffrey Moussaieff Masson Middlesex by Jeffrey Eugenides The White Bone by Barbara Gowdy The Children of Men by P.D. James If I Should Die Before I Wake by Han Nolan Epic (Epic #1) by Conor Kostick The Moon Riders by Theresa Tomlinson The Stolen Child by Keith Donohue Zenith by Julie Bertagna Boy Proof by Cecil Castellucci Julie and Julia  365 Days, 524 Recipes, 1 Tiny Apartment Kitchen by Julie Powell The Foretelling by Alice Hoffman The Road by Cormac McCarthy Plenty  One Man, One Woman, and a Raucous Year of Eating Locally by Alisa Smith Leaving Paradise (Leaving Paradise, #1) by Simone Elkeles Ten Cents a Dance by Christine Fletcher Aurelia (Aurelia, #1) by Anne Osterlund Daughters of the North by Sarah Hall The Missing Girl by Norma Fox Mazer Poseidon's Steed  The Story of Seahorses, From Myth to Reality by Helen Scales Z for Zachariah by Robert C. O'Brien

message 46: by Batsap (new)

Batsap | 117 comments Lol Caitlin, I've spent almost all the money I was alloted to get Christmas presents for myself on books. I can't wait! You'll have to tell me what you think of Raptor Red when you read it... I've been um-ing and ah-ing over it for a while now.

And I've gotten myself...
The Leviathans and The Daemon's Curse (Warhammer)

message 47: by Caitlin (new)

Caitlin (CatsBooksandCritters) | 71 comments Batsap wrote: "Lol Caitlin, I've spent almost all the money I was alloted to get Christmas presents for myself on books. I can't wait! You'll have to tell me what you think of Raptor Red when you read it... I've ..."

I'll let you know how it is, but along with this list I have another book list to send to my grandparents for Christmas so I'll have some more books coming.

message 48: by Jay (new)

Jay | 25 comments The other day I got The Things They Carried by Tim O'Brien. They chased me out at closing, so that was a rare one book purchase.
A week ago I got The Circle (Dan Lenson Series #3) by David Poyer The Essential Franklin Delano Roosevelt by John Gabriel Hunt War of Nerves  Chemical Warfare from World War I to al-Qaeda by Jonathan Tuckerand for my Dad I picked up Consent To Kill (Mitch Rapp, #6) by Vince Flynn
A few weeks back I got Turmoil and Triumph My Years As Secretary of State by George P. Shultz Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil by John Berendt on which a great movie was based. Also Spencerville by Nelson DeMille Murder at Midnight (Eleanor Roosevelt, #16) by Elliott Roosevelt Murder in the Lincoln Bedroom (Eleanor Roosevelt, #19) by Elliott Roosevelt Murder in the Map Room (Eleanor Roosevelt, #17) by Elliott Roosevelt
All of these I got at our friends of the library bookstore.

message 49: by Caitlin (new)

Caitlin (CatsBooksandCritters) | 71 comments The last of my Christmas buying from my mom:
Geography Club by Brent Hartinger Darkborn (Darkborn Trilogy, #1) by Alison Sinclair The Elephant's Secret Sense  The Hidden Life of the Wild Herds of Africa by Caitlin O'Connell The Butcher and the Vegetarian  One Woman's Romp Through a World of Men, Meat, and Moral Crisis by Tara Austen Weaver A Little Wanting Song by Cath Crowley Get Well Soon by Julie Halpern

« previous 1