Shut Up & Read discussion

Archives > Author Fan Page!

Comments (showing 1-47 of 47) (47 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tt (Never Ending Stories Book Blog), The bookworm (last edited Jan 01, 2012 05:38AM) (new)

Tt (Never Ending Stories Book Blog) (books101) | 3787 comments Mod
What authors do you absolutely love?

my favorite authors are Richelle Mead,Kelley Armstrong,Suzanne Collins and Stephanie Meyer!

Vampire Academy (Vampire Academy, #1) by Richelle Mead The Summoning (Darkest Powers, #1) by Kelley Armstrong The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1) by Suzanne Collins Twilight (Twilight, #1) by Stephenie Meyer

Mahfooza (BreezyBlue) Markus Zusak I love his writing style, and I can always relate to his characters. I also love Sarah Dessen and John Green

Jess  (TheBookFairy1985) | 7 comments I have many more I love,but here are a few.......

Cassandra Clare Suzanne Collins Richelle Mead James Dashner

Omg! I love Suzanne Collins and Richelle Mead! Love there books and I am definitely a super fan hah!

Sable (Sablexx) | 10 comments Some of my favorite authors are...

Holly Black Cassandra Clare Stephen King Masashi Kishimoto

These are just a few, but I have a lot more!

Jess  (TheBookFairy1985) | 7 comments Oh I love Holly Black also!! :)

Michael (MichaelJSullivan) | 15 comments Here are some of my favorites
J.K. Rowling Richard Adams Stephen King John Steinbeck

message 10: by Sheri, Princess of Power (last edited Dec 21, 2011 07:30PM) (new)

Sheri | 8869 comments Mod
My all- time favorite authors are Stephen King Dean Koontz J.R. Ward Patricia Briggs James Patterson Charlaine Harris
Although Stephen King is and will always be #1!!

message 11: by Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey) (last edited Nov 24, 2011 10:18PM) (new)

Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey) (mybookboyfriend) | 197 comments My favorite authors are John Grisham, Patricia Cornwell, Sue Grafton, Richelle Mead, Rachel Vincent, James Patterson, Douglas Preston, Lincoln Child, Nora Roberts

message 12: by Sheri, Princess of Power (new)

Terri ♥ wrote: "My favorite authors are John Grisham,Patricia Cornwell,Sue Grafton,Richelle Mead,Rachel Vincent,..."

I should have put Rachel Vincent on my list. I've only read one of her books (Blood Bound), but I loved it and I loved her writing style.

Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey) (mybookboyfriend) | 197 comments Sheri wrote: "Terri ♥ wrote: "My favorite authors are John Grisham,Patricia Cornwell,Sue Grafton,Richelle Mead,[authorimage:Rachel ..."

I've read everything Rachel's written except blood bound. I just haven't gotten to it yet. I like a bunch of other authors but only put the ones that have been out for a while and I like most everything they written. So I don't blame you for no adding Rachel. You've only read one of her books.

message 14: by Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey) (last edited Nov 24, 2011 11:04PM) (new)

Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey) (mybookboyfriend) | 197 comments Sheri wrote: "My all- time favorite authors are Stephen King Dean Koontz J.R. Ward Patricia Briggs James Patterson..."

I like Stephen King but I haven't read a lot of his books so I didn't add him. I haven't read J.R. ward, but I hear good things. I like Patricia Brigg but I wouldn't call her my go to author. I have read Dean Koontz, but I hear good things.

message 15: by Michelle (last edited Dec 21, 2011 03:16PM) (new)

Michelle (UrbanFae) | 357 comments Terri ♥ wrote: "I like Stephen King but I haven't read a lot of his books so I didn't add him. "

I love that SK is such a humanitarian.

So I'd add him to my list along with:

Anne Rice Neil Gaiman Charles de Lint Charlaine Harris

message 16: by Sheri, Princess of Power (new)

I had to add Charlaine Harris to my list. I can't believe I forgot her!

Christie Rich | 337 comments Some of my favorites are: Karen Marie Moning Cassandra Clare J R Ward Lauren Kate Becca Fitzpatrick Juliet Marillier

message 19: by Tana, The Canadian (new)

Cariniao | 28 comments My friend and favorite author is Patsy Rivera!
http://www.facebook.com/authorpatsyri...

message 21: by Sheri, Princess of Power (new)

Stephen King is my all time favorite!!!

Janysa (nysa123) | 41 comments so of my fav authors are Cassandra Clare Jennifer L. Armentrout Richelle Mead

Jessica Nelson (JessicaNelson) There's so many it's hard to choose! Ted Dekker used to be one of my faves. I've also loved Francine Rivers and Linda Howard. So many books, so little time!

Nikki88 | 23 comments My Favorite author of all time has to be J.K and my next fav has to be Darren Shan . I also like Stephen king and Dean Koontz , there is so many its hard to choose anymore :)

Cecilia (darkita) | 5 comments Too many to mention all!!!! Let's see: Jorge Luis Borges, Manuel Mujica Lainez, William Blake, Susan Hill, Tolkien, C.S. Lewis, Rimbaud, Baudelaire, Neil Gaiman, Alan Moore, Marion Zimmer-Bradley, Stephen King, Sergei Lukyanenko, Adolfo Bioy Casares, Pacho O'Donnell...

Lexi | 13 comments So many i like sarah dessen and jodi picult soooo many more

J.R. Barker | 57 comments Ohhh, Terry Pratchett, Charles Dickens, Roald Dahl, Tolkein, C.S Lewis, guilty pleasure Dan Brown.

After this I have no loyalties and become purely a fan of books in general.
Although am open to suggestions of authors to read, as long as they are not stephanie myers or anything similar.

Laura Thomas (laurathomas) | 580 comments Some of my favorites are David Rosenfelt, James Rollins, James Patterson, Douglas Preston & Lincoln Child, Mariah Stewart, Iris Johansen, Kay Hooper and more than there is room for. I am always willing to try new authors and am a loyal follower.

Ami Blackwelder (amiRblackwelder) Tt wrote: "What authors do you absolutely love?"

I love Stephanie Meyer and Suzanne Collins as well, but I also now love the author of EVE, Anna Carey.

With Indies: I like Amanda Hocking, Imogen Rose, Katie Salidas, Rhiannon Frater, and myself of course.

message 31: by [deleted user] (new)

Tt wrote: "Omg! I love Suzanne Collins and Richelle Mead! Love there books and I am definitely a super fan hah!"

I love Suzanne Collins too! Her books and characters are so vivid!

message 32: by [deleted user] (new)

My favorite author of all time has to be Neal Shusterman! His storylines are so unique and I just love his style. One of my favorites is Unwind. I read it in ,like, two days!

Kevin Kierstead (Splendad) | 4 comments My good friends, I will be giving away one of my three books, "Name of Alt," this Tuesday, 2-7-12. It's a sci-fi book with humor and funny aliens, along with real alien history. Please enjoy the book and be kind enough to leave a star rating and/or review/comment. Thank you very kindly! (And please like my Facebook author profile for freebies and news; it takes 2 seconds! Click here, please: http://www.facebook.com/author.kevin.... and if you like, have a quick look at my to humor books while you're there!

Kevin A. Kierstead
Name of Alt by Kevin Kierstead

message 34: by Lynxie (last edited Feb 05, 2012 11:59PM) (new)

Lynxie | 96 comments Michael J.  Sullivan Lindsay Buroker Rebecca Royce...

There are too many to name them all!

Think | 53 comments Neil Gaiman Cassandra Clare Jonathan Tropper Nick Hornby Augusten Burroughs Chuck Palahniuk J.K. Rowling Lauren Oliver
These are just a few!

Lynxie wrote: "Michael J.  Sullivan Lindsay Buroker Rebecca Royce...

There are too many to name them all!"

Hey! Michael Sullivan is apart of our group! Have you talked to him? I would be so excited if my favorite author was a click away lol but he's pretty nice from what I've seen. :D

Adding to my Indie Author list.... H.D. Gordon I am really a fan of her because she is so nice from experience and she writes one of my favorite series Blood Warrior!

message 38: by [deleted user] (last edited Feb 12, 2012 04:52PM) (new)

my fav authors are: Colleen Houck Aimee Carter Jeaniene Frost Patricia Briggs Karsten Knight Jennifer Lynn Barnes Andrea Cremer Hilary Duff Josh Groban Courtney Allison Moulton Sarah Beth Durst Alyson Noel

Lynxie | 96 comments Tt wrote: "Lynxie wrote: "Michael J.  Sullivan Lindsay Buroker Rebecca Royce...

Hey! Michael Sullivan ..."

Hi Tt, I have actually been in touch with Michael. His latest book is #5 on my TBR list... looking forward to it

Lynxie wrote: "Tt wrote: "Lynxie wrote: "Michael J.  Sullivan Lindsay Buroker Rebecca Royce...

Hey! Michae..."

That's great you two connected. :)

Lynxie | 96 comments I have also been in contact with Rebecca Royce via email (but that was before I was on GR) :P

message 42: by ⚝ Ŧáẅņá ⚝ (last edited Feb 16, 2012 02:07AM) (new)

⚝  Ŧáẅņá ⚝ (allforlost) | 479 comments OMG, lets see: (and I am not picturing or linking them cuz that would take too long and I'm feeling lazy)

Stephen King, Dean Koontz, Ted Dekker, Anne Rice, Richelle Meed, Charlaine Harris, Laurell K Hamilton, JR Ward, Maggie Stiefvater, Suzanne Collins, James Dashner, Scott Westerfield, Ally Condie, Stephanie Meyer, Kim Harrison, Carrie Ryan and Sarah Beth Durst

i'm sure there are more that I am sadly forgetting, but it's 4am here...don't judge :)

Jessica Nelson (JessicaNelson) Oh yeah, Dekker is good too. I'm a huge fan of his earlier works.

Stephanie To many but here are a few of mine: Terry Goodkind, Jeff Stone, Tolkien, JK Rowling, C.S. Lewis, Chris Paolini.
My new one's are Samantha Young, Micheal R. Hicks, Andrea Cremer.
Now getting into George Martin.

Candice (candicerae27) | 64 comments OMG i dont even kno where 2 begin! I have soo many! Let me just start by saying Hi I'm Candice Im new 2 this group as well as GoodReads and look forward 2 seeing ur recommendations and what u guys r reading!
Authors, lets c, right now I'm LOVING Cassie Clare! Also Stephenie Meyers, Ally Condie, and 1 of my absolute Favs Charlaine Harris!

Candice (candicerae27) | 64 comments Omg how could i forget!LOVE,LOVE,LOVEThe Hunger GamesCatching FireMockingjay

message 47: by [deleted user] (new)

Terry Pratchett, and (my wife) Patricia Leslie The Ballad of Young Tam Lin by Patricia A. Leslie. Enter on Goodreads to win a free copy, and get a free preview on Kindle ("Look Inside")