Scandinavian and Nordic Crime Fiction discussion

Book Swap Requests > Book Swap Requests

Comments (showing 1-7 of 7) (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ken, Moderator (new)

Ken Fredette (klfredette) | 1314 comments Mod
At the end of this month Bookswap Karma is ending. Does anybody have another swap organization that swaps books for just the postage?

message 2: by NATUI (last edited Oct 24, 2011 04:41PM) (new)

NATUI | 1 comments Katinka (Lynn) is starting a swap here on GR in an effort to keep it going. Here is the message she sent to me--I've already joined the group.

Hello again,

I'm copying this message to send to each of the people I communicated with. Please feel free to share the info with anyone you think might be interested in participating.

I have started a new bookswap group here: http://www.goodreads.com/group/show/5710...

I don't know how much time I'll have to moderate, so if anyone would like to volunteer to help with that it would be great!

We also could add a picture for the group, so if anyone has any ideas about that or if you have any comments on the rules or anything else, please let me know, and feel free to add your own book lists.

Cheers,
Lynn

message 3: by Ken, Moderator (new)

Won't help me in the US. Thanks Anyway.

message 4: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (elizabeth8921) | 236 comments Kenneth wrote: "At the end of this month Bookswap Karma is ending. Does anybody have another swap organization that swaps books for just the postage?"What is going on with Goodreads book swap?

message 5: by Ken, Moderator (new)

It's ending October 31, 2011. They didn't give a reason, but I need to find another outlet for my books.

message 6: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (elizabeth8921) | 236 comments Boo to this!!

message 7: by Anna, Moderator (new)

Anna (aetm) | 232 comments Mod
Kenneth, you could try bookcrossing for some swaps. I've had good karma with them.
Either a) book box of a specific topic (like mystery/thriller with shipping in US/Can), or b) by using wish lists and asking people who have some items you have in their wish lists, who are active members and have something you want in their available/TBR pile... well, that's another world for book swaps, and there was a World mystery&thriller book box there but that ended. The box works easier when you have a theme for it and enough participants, but currently there aren't either either a Scandinavian or a World mystery/noir etc one (if there were enough to join, I guess one could make one).
Either way, add a tracking number for the books you have, agree to swap with someone and then mail.
I guess bookmooch would do the swapping part too, but I think two decent book online things are more than enough for me so no thanks for Yet Another. BC and here is enough for me.

The other option would be to list the availables/wishes for swaps and details here in the groups, then just figure a deal somehow, swap addresses in private and just send.
I'm going to try how that works in the World group, http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/5... (too lazy to write the details that I think might make it work here).

unread topics | mark unread