The Life of a Book Addict discussion

My Year of Monthly Challenges - Nov 2011 - Nov 2012

Comments (showing 1-28 of 28) (28 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Susan (new)

Susan Wow this is a great challenge! I have no idea how many series I have started but it must be close to yours! Did you write down all the books you need to read? How many is it? I wish you lots of luck and I might have to think about doing something like this! Thanks!!

message 2: by Susan (new)

Susan LOL-you got it! I fist have to figure out all the series I have started! :(

Oh BTW, check your challenge dates on your profile. Both years are the same and no one I know can read 81 books in one day! :)

message 3: by Lindsay (new)

Lindsay (itwasatrickpie) | 5 comments If you only finish the five George R.R. Martins that will be a year's reading in itself :-)

message 4: by Susan (new)

Susan yes on your homepage lol where your friends can comment!! If you can read 81 books in one day please help me because I won 2000+ UNREAD books and would like to get some of them read! LOL

message 5: by Susan (new)

Susan oh okay I'm sorry...LOL

message 6: by Lindsay (new)

Lindsay (itwasatrickpie) | 5 comments I'm planning on starting them after Christmas and am terrified they'll be the only things I read next year!

message 7: by Susan (new)

Susan No it was something you posted under your comments-LOL!

message 8: by Yorky (new)

Yorky Caz (YorkyCaz) | 2211 comments which series are you reading?

message 9: by Susan (new)

Susan Outlander books are on my TBR pile! The size of them alone is so intimidating!! :(

message 10: by Susan (new)

Susan me too but I'm still scared.....let me know when you read #1 and I will try and join you :)

message 11: by Susan (new)

Susan hahahaha....let me dig through my shelves and find it! I have tons already started but I can switch off every day until I can read it alone if that's okay with you! :) I will start it later today okay? Only one chapter? Are you sure about that? Hahahaha

message 12: by Susan (new)

Susan no no that works fine for me! The size of this book is terrifying-hahaha!! Let me go and get it! :)

message 13: by Susan (new)

Susan Yup mine has 850 pages!! :)

message 14: by Martha (new)

Martha (marthas48) | 3456 comments It's a great book. I listened to it 3 years ago and listened to the 2nd one this year. They are LONG!!!! I think she could have shortened her books, but I do love the characters. You are in for a treat.

Nicole, I admire your ambition ... so many of these are such big books, but great reads. I need to finish the HP series. I quit reading when they got so big and I knew that I would want to keep them. I have tried to read books that I am willing to part with, but I keep buying more. I just counted yesterday and I have 95 books on my iPhone. ~sigh~ Definitely an addict!! LOL

message 15: by Susan (new)

Susan hahaha!!!!

message 16: by Yorky (new)

Yorky Caz (YorkyCaz) | 2211 comments Chronicles of Narnia might be going on my 2012 TBR challenege list - if it does do you fancy a joint read?

message 17: by Susan (new)

Susan Nicole, if I had a dollar for every time I did that....I'd be rich right now. But of course, I would just spend those dollars on more books soooo.......

message 18: by Martha (new)

Martha (marthas48) | 3456 comments We could have much worse habits! LOL But yes, credit card debt ... hmmmm not a good thing.

message 19: by Mary (Marbear), Founder (new)

Mary (Marbear) (mbeth45) | 10204 comments Mod
great job Nicole.

marbear

message 20: by Mary (Marbear), Founder (new)

Hi Nicole. I've read thru the fourth book. I hated the fourth book. I actually almost didn't finish it. But since I own the whole series I did finish it. I need a break. They are so long. I much preferred the books that were set in Scotland to the later books set in American. I'm really into "A Game of Thrones," series. Another series with too many pages. LOL!

Marbear

message 21: by Mary (Marbear), Founder (new)

Hi Nicole. I'm reading the third one (I think) "A Storm of Swords." You can ask Jill I have this horrbile habit of reading ahead. Say I'm reading a chapter about Tyrion, I get so get up in the character I don't want to read the next chapter about the next person. So I page thru until I find the next chapter written about Tyrion. LOL! I'm going to put myself in the corner.

marbear

message 22: by Martha (new)

Martha (marthas48) | 3456 comments That sounds like me, Marbear! I haven't started that series yet, but I have the first book. This winter!

message 23: by Mary (Marbear), Founder (last edited Oct 26, 2011 09:14AM) (new)

The books are so long but well worth reading. This genre is so totally outside of the books I normally read. It's great fun. Someday would like to see the HBO series if they put it on DVD. Let me know how it goes with "Outlander." I know several people that had trouble with the fourth book but they all say the next book is better. E-mail and let me know what you think. I can't possible read all the posts. Thanks!

marbear

message 24: by Mary (Marbear), Founder (new)

Thanks Nicole. Have a great day. I'm off to work soon.

Marbear

message 25: by Susan (new)

Susan You are giving up on Outlander?? Ohhhhhhhh I thought everyone loved that series!!

message 26: by Shay (new)

Shay | 491 comments If you like historical fiction, you should try the Masters of Rome series by Colleen McCullough. Probably one of the best HF series ever. I don't think I read the last book, but I just started rereading the series in October. The first book is The First Man in Rome.

message 27: by Shay (new)

Shay | 491 comments I've never heard that she planned to write any more books. Also, the series deals with a very specific time and set of people. The last book is a logical stopping point- the deaths of Julius Caesar, Marc Antony, and Cleopatra and the reign of Octavian. About where the series "Rome" ended as well, I think.

message 28: by Shay (new)

Shay | 491 comments Have you read Sara Donati's Wilderness series? The first one is Into the Wilderness- people keep telling me it's good so I'm thinking of reading it this month.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The First Man in Rome (other topics)
Into the Wilderness (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Colleen McCullough (other topics)
Sara Donati (other topics)