Shut Up & Read discussion

General > Introduce Yourself

Comments (showing 1-50 of 4,970) (4970 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 99 100

message 1: by Tanecia , The bookworm (last edited Jun 29, 2013 11:34AM) (new)

Tanecia  (books101) | 3810 comments Mod
This is were we get to know our newbies a little better! Please put your name,why you joined,and your favorite genre of books,and anything special you would like to add!

**Please Do Not post any promotional material in this thread!! It will be deleted by the MODS accordingly!!!

message 2: by Tanecia , The bookworm (last edited Feb 04, 2012 06:42PM) (new)

Hi! my name is Tt, I created this group because I wanted a place to come to where I have a group of friends who share the same interest in books like I do! And my favorite genre is YA,Romance, urban fantasy,but I enjoy all kinds of books and reading&reviewing are my hobbies!

message 3: by Janina (new)

Janina (synchronizedreading) | 187 comments Hi, I'm Janina and i loved reading all different Genres of books. From YA to Adult to Paranormal to Dystopian
LOVE BOOKS!

message 4: by Tanecia , The bookworm (new)

Hi! thank you for joining! and yeah i don't have a fav. either i'll read almost anything i like to read new things because if you get just like one genre of books, sometimes you end up reading the same thing over and over so i totally understand! :)

message 5: by Maria (new)

Maria (Pinklove_lovestoread) Hi my names is Maria and I like to read YA and Romance!

message 6: by Rocco (last edited Oct 23, 2011 01:39AM) (new)

Rocco Ryg (RoccoRyg) What's up, guys. I'm Rocco, I like the name of the group, and I'm the author of the thrilling eBook, I Am Become Death. http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/.... Check it out.

♥ Miss Dominus ♥ (dominushrwdm) | 28 comments Hi! I'm Marielle and I love reading anything and everything as long as its interesting.

Elle (Lost in Wonderland) | 37 comments Hi there I'm Ellesha (Said like Alisha, but spelt silly because my parents wanted to be contemporary c:) and I live in the small country of New Zealand. I love reading Paranormal Romance, YA, Classic Fantasy and anything by Jodi Picoult. I'm not really bound by any one particular genre and welcome any book reccomendations you may have. The only problem I have is that there are never enough hours in a day to do as much reading as I would like too! Anyway, nice to meet you all c:

message 9: by Tanecia , The bookworm (last edited Oct 23, 2011 09:36AM) (new)

nice to meet you guys! thanks for joining and i cant wait to discuss books with you all!

message 10: by Jihaad (new)

Jihaad Albayaty | 326 comments hey GRs I'm Jihaad and i love books and all the other usual stuff that humans like and right now
The Jack Reacher series by Lee Child that I'm reading right now is awesome, the guy's role model material lol

Brent weeks Nightangel trilogy is epic, a must read.

David Gemmel Druss the legend books is another awesome read

Mario Puzo The Godfather is an amazing read, loved it.

Robert Jordan Wheel Of Time trilogy is awesome.

jut some of my fav reads

message 11: by Caryn (new)

Caryn Hi! I'm Caryn! I joined this group because someone invited me! When I went to view the invitation to see what this group was all about it seemed right up my alley! I love any kind of YA fiction (even though I'm 22), especially dystopian and fantasy!

message 12: by MeMe Belikova (new)

MeMe Belikova First lady Ivashkov (AliceBelikovReads) | 975 comments Hi, Im MeMe! I enjoy reading all types of books as long as it it interesting but i REALLY like YA, Dystopian, Romance, and im currently reading 'Red Rock' by Kimberley Patterson which is kind of a Western book and im really enjoying it, so another genre added to my list! My twin sis is Tt of course and we are really excited about this book club and to also share books with you

message 13: by Tawny (new)

Tawny Stokes (Tawny_Stokes) | 8 comments Hi I'm Tawny Stokes, I love to read YA, dystopians and horrors mostly. But will read most paranormals and the occasional contemp. I will read adult UF but only if it is completely different from what's out there already.

fave authors: Rachel Caine, Suzanne Collins, Michael Grant, Simon Holt, Kim Harrison, Simon Green, Stacia Kane, Jennifer Estep

message 14: by Kimberley (new)

Kimberley Patterson (KimberleyPattersonAuthor) | 35 comments Hi I'm Kimberley Patterson and I am an author. My book Red Rock just got released this month and I am working on a few others. My writing style varies as much as my reading styles. I pretty much like anything that is creative and interesting.
Thank you for adding me to the group!

message 15: by Beatrice (new)

Beatrice (beatricemasalunga) Hi I'm Beatrice Masalunga, from Philippines. I love to read YA, Chic-lit, romance and paranormal. I read randomly that depends on the summary/story that interests me.

message 16: by A.L. (new)

A.L. Waddington (alwaddington) | 34 comments Good evening all,

I am very excited to tell you all that the first installment in my new EVE series comes out tomorrow, Essence. It's YA fiction under the genre of Romance/Time Travel/Science Fiction. I would truly appreciate it if you would add it to the list for November. Please check out the synopsis and reviews on my author profile.

Thanks,
A.L. Waddington

message 17: by Guardian'sKeeper (new)

Guardian'sKeeper (Who-do-think-are-) | 1 comments Hi i am Monica also known as Tessie beacsue thats me middle name. I enjoy reading. I am looking for a good book..LOl. I write sometimes (me a teen...lol) ANyways I draw...and I listen to music. Enjoy having time.
Thx for inviting me to the group my friend.

message 18: by Tanecia , The bookworm (new)

Monica Dear wrote: "Hi i am Monica also known as Tessie beacsue thats me middle name. I enjoy reading. I am looking for a good book..LOl. I write sometimes (me a teen...lol) ANyways I draw...and I listen to music. Enj..."

thanks for joining and i would be happy to recommend you tons of books too! :)

message 19: by MeMe Belikova (new)

MeMe Belikova First lady Ivashkov (AliceBelikovReads) | 975 comments Monica Dear wrote: "Hi i am Monica also known as Tessie beacsue thats me middle name. I enjoy reading. I am looking for a good book..LOl. I write sometimes (me a teen...lol) ANyways I draw...and I listen to music. Enj..."

Nice to meet you Tessie! I hope you enjoy all the activities in the group, feel free to comment about anything you'd like. I have some recommendations also for you that I will get to you asap!

message 20: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Johnson (MrsJohnson82512) Hello I'm Jessica. My favorite books are Adult Urbdan Fantasy and YA. My favorite author is Rachel Vincent but I'm starting to venutre off and enjoy more books. I don't have a blog but I like to leave reviews on goodreads for the books I read(I don't think I'm that good to be a blogger).

message 21: by Tanecia , The bookworm (new)

Jessica wrote: "Hello I'm Jessica. My favorite books are Adult Urbdan Fantasy and YA. My favorite author is Rachel Vincent but I'm starting to venutre off and enjoy more books. I don't have a blog but I like to le..."

Hi! Nice to meet you! I hope you feel welcomed everyone's nice here ...and I don't have a blog either I don't think I'm that good either but I do like to read and review for fun.

Jessica *The Lovely Books* (Jessybabe) | 74 comments Hey everyone I am Jessica. I love reading and am always looking for recommendations. If y'all have anything feel free to let me know! Anyways I am a mommy and I go to school and work at a restaurant called Bennigans. Besides reading i love sports! Its my passion. Want to know anything else, message me!

message 23: by Tanecia , The bookworm (new)

hi Jessica! Thanks for joining the group we hope to see you join in on the conversations! And you work at a Bennigans! OMG i use to love eating there they are freakin awesome! But they shut the only one in austin down i was livid! lol sorry for my rant! But nice to meet you and hopefully we get to chat sometimes :)

Jessica *The Lovely Books* (Jessybabe) | 74 comments Well come up to Dallas and eat here! I would send you a monte cristo but that would probably be gross lol! Anyways thanks for being so welcoming:)

message 25: by Tanecia , The bookworm (new)

lol *mouth is watering!* but your welcome im always excited to meet new people and talk books as you can tell! xD

message 26: by Tiffany (last edited Oct 27, 2011 11:16PM) (new)

Tiffany (tiff0505) | 52 comments Hello All!
My name is Tiffany I love to read anything with vampires. If those vampires are named Zsadists, Bones, Edward, Adrian, Eric, Stefan, Damon, Bill then I am hooked LOL. Love to read and write and watch my fav. tv shows such as Grey's Anatomy and The Vampire Diaries. I love meeting new people especially fellow Twilight and Harry Potter fans LOL. Anyway I go to school studying to become an Occupational Therapist and hopefully be a financially stable adult (but with America's economy...well who knows lol) I love reading the many talented upcoming authors on here so if anyone has a first draft of something or wants feedback please let me know I always am looking forward to new stories to read and if you like Twilight/Vampire Academy or Morganville Vampire series then please check out my story Always Midnight on my profile, okay off the soapbox now lol!

♥ Miss Dominus ♥ (dominushrwdm) | 28 comments Tiffany wrote: "Hello All!
My name is Tiffany I love to read anything with vampires. If those vampires are named Zsadists, Bones, Edward, Adrian, Eric, Stefan, Damon, Bill then I am hooked LOL. Love to read and wr..."

AH! Adrian... LOL! I love it...

message 28: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany (tiff0505) | 52 comments Marielle † who said I'M GOOD? † wrote: "Tiffany wrote: "Hello All!
My name is Tiffany I love to read anything with vampires. If those vampires are named Zsadists, Bones, Edward, Adrian, Eric, Stefan, Damon, Bill then I am hooked LOL. Lov..."

YES YES Adrian is the perfect man because he's got the bad side to him, he's willing to slightly modify his behavior for the girl he loves and he tries to be there in the best supportive way he can! He's amazing! I haven't read Bloodlines yet, which I heard hes in I am basing this off VA Series.

♥ Miss Dominus ♥ (dominushrwdm) | 28 comments TOTALLY AMAZING. LOL! Anyway, I haven't read VA yet and just on the 5th book of VA Series but I'm enjoying it so far so good.

message 30: by Tanecia , The bookworm (last edited Oct 28, 2011 12:14AM) (new)

Yes these books will take you on a ride! I love how Mead keeps the series interesting which is hard to do when there's so many books in the series and there all up to 300 pages so I give her a thumbs up!

message 31: by Tanecia , The bookworm (new)

Actually ten thumbs up if I had them lol

message 32: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany (tiff0505) | 52 comments Yes her take on vampires/half vampires is so original and Rose is such a strong character, def. not the typical damsel in distress which I respect. Ugh I know I am too old (22) to be thinking like this but oh man if only these guys were real lol the world would be a better place if every girl could have her take of any of those good vampire men lol of course if vampires existed ;)

♥ Miss Dominus ♥ (dominushrwdm) | 28 comments IF vampires exist... XD! I wish....

message 34: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany (tiff0505) | 52 comments Marielle † who said I'M GOOD? † wrote: "IF vampires exist... XD! I wish...."

ME TOO GIRL! LOL oh life is too unfair though I wouldn't want to suck off no one's neck ;)

♥ Miss Dominus ♥ (dominushrwdm) | 28 comments XD I wouldn't mind. Just Kidding!

message 36: by MeMe Belikova (new)

MeMe Belikova First lady Ivashkov (AliceBelikovReads) | 975 comments Lol I would choose a vampire or any man these days! If only, If only.........*Day dreams*

message 37: by MeMe Belikova (new)

MeMe Belikova First lady Ivashkov (AliceBelikovReads) | 975 comments Tiffany wrote: "Hello All!
My name is Tiffany I love to read anything with vampires. If those vampires are named Zsadists, Bones, Edward, Adrian, Eric, Stefan, Damon, Bill then I am hooked LOL. Love to read and wr..."

Hi tiffany! Nice to meet you, first off.....I Love ADRIANNNNNNNN! As you may tell by my name, I actually like Dimka first lol then I started to dislike him during 'blood promise'(he got on my nerves lol). Anyway ill be 22 an still don't act my age! So don't worry it happens! I hope you will come to love this group, and feel free to start any topics you would like!

♥ Miss Dominus ♥ (dominushrwdm) | 28 comments Yeah, I love your name and you just can't get enough of Dear Adrian!

message 39: by MeMe Belikova (new)

MeMe Belikova First lady Ivashkov (AliceBelikovReads) | 975 comments Marielle † who said I'M GOOD? † wrote: "Yeah, I love your name and you just can't get enough of Dear Adrian!"

Yes, he's the one for me and thanks :)

Jessica *The Lovely Books* (Jessybabe) | 74 comments This is a stupid question but what book is Adrian from. You all got me interested now.

message 41: by Tanecia , The bookworm (new)

Jessica wrote: "This is a stupid question but what book is Adrian from. You all got me interested now."
He's from vampire academy! Have you read any of them?

Jessica *The Lovely Books* (Jessybabe) | 74 comments Nope I have not.

message 43: by Tanecia , The bookworm (new)

Lol duh ! *to myself* that's y you asked....there goes my dumb question for today! But you should really read the series I think it's one of the best series I've read so far.

Jessica *The Lovely Books* (Jessybabe) | 74 comments Ok! I am sure I'll love it if it has a swoon worthy man

message 45: by Tanecia , The bookworm (new)

Jessica wrote: "Ok! I am sure I'll love it if it has a swoon worthy man

Jessica *The Lovely Books* (Jessybabe) | 74 comments Alright looks like I have a new book to buy!

message 47: by Caryn (new)

Caryn I need to read those too!

message 48: by Tanecia , The bookworm (new)

Caryn wrote: "I need to read those too!"

Trust me you don't want to miss out on the conversation. This will be you next favorite series!

message 49: by Anastasia (new)

Anastasia | 338 comments hi I'm Anastasia, but i prefer Ana. i'm in high school and i love reading. i'm also a huge twilight fan. 11/18/11!!!!!!

message 50: by Tanecia , The bookworm (new)

Anastasia wrote: "hi I'm Anastasia, but i prefer Ana. i'm in high school and i love reading. i'm also a huge twilight fan. 11/18/11!!!!!!"
I LOVE your real name Anastasia!! it reminds me of my favorite disney movie *hint hint* Anastasia!! lol But nice to meet you Ana, i hope you feel welcomed!

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 99 100

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Having Fun While Saving Money (other topics)
Theft of Swords (other topics)
The Apocalypse Gene (other topics)
Allegiance (other topics)
Legacy (other topics)
More...

Authors mentioned in this topic

Stephen Goldin (other topics)
Arshad Ahsanuddin (other topics)
Jeaniene Frost (other topics)
Charlaine Harris (other topics)
Jordan Elias Shanbrom (other topics)
More...