Kids/Teens Book Club discussion

Individual Book Discussions > Scariest villains/novels

Comments (showing 1-10 of 10) (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

★ Jess  | 4496 comments Mod
Its almost Halloween, so this topic seems appropriate. What is the scariest novel you have ever read? Or which villains have scared you the most-do you have a favorite that you love to hate? What is the difference between a hugely terrifying villain, and just a normal antagonist?

Happy Halloween everyone, by the way :)

POW | 39 comments Prof Dolores Umbridge from Harry Potter is an infuriating joy to read. I loved it because she reminds me of so many loathsome people I've encountered, and politicians on the news.

★ Jess  | 4496 comments Mod
Count Cracula is my favorite villain ever. Hes so evil and such a cool guy :)
I also remember Annie Wilks from Misery scared the hell out of me. And her movie portrayal was just as awesome. Seriously, she is one crazy lady, and kept me awake past 2AM with the light on in fear-true story.

Baxter (julietrocksmysocks) | 383 comments I feel like I'm cheating a bit here, but the two scariest books I've read are both short story collections. One is the massive tomb that is Lovecraft's Necronomicon, because it's Lovecraft and the dude was a God of horror.
Second would be Thomas Ligotti's Teatro Grotesco. Ligotti is my favorite living horror writer, and just behind Lovecraft in the all-time favorites for me, and Teatro is just gold. Weird, weird stories that leave you wondering what happened while also making you ridiculously uncomfortable.

Captainm2 Galbatorix in Eragon

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Well, I don't know about scariest villain (there are SSSSOOO many), but the scariet-or should I say creepiest?-book I ever read was The Graveyard Book, by Neil Gaiman.

Brenna McGovern (theemarauderess) I am going to go with Professor Umbridge (HP) I hate her.

£mily (3mily991) | 1172 comments Penny wise the Dancing Clown/ IT from It. I just read the book recently, and it creeped me out so badly, but I saw the tv movie when I was nine and I still get a funny feeling when around clowns, drains and balloons....

Beatrice (beatricemasalunga) Kronos. He's just creepy and powerful

ϮAʛʛⅇℛʊℵʛ {Supernatural Freak} (Taggerung) IT from A Wrinkle in Time, Professor Morairty (I doubt I spelled that right) from The Complete Sherlock Holmes: All 4 Novels & 56 Short Stories, and President Snow in Catching Fire. Those are the creepiest villains I've read about. Don't really do many scary books, too active of an imagination hahaha.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Misery (other topics)
The Graveyard Book (other topics)
It (other topics)
A Wrinkle in Time (other topics)
The Complete Sherlock Holmes (other topics)
More...