Outlander Series discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Group Updates from Mods

Comments (showing 1-8 of 8) (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Wendy F, biblioholic (last edited Oct 22, 2011 09:16AM) (new)

Wendy F (blessedwannab) | 3150 comments I just wanted to make an official announcement that Goodreads has added me on as a Moderator for this group (because Wendy and Michelle who so awesomely created the group have been absent for a year). Leea graciously offered to help me.

I just wanted to let you know in case you see changes in when you come visit the group. We'll be deleting old threads and rearranging folders and stuff. Trying to create something more orgnaized.

The only time we may close a current thread will be if we have one that's the same from previous. Then we'll be merging them together.

we'll also be creating a thread for suggestions. Please let us know if you'd like to see something in the group.

message 2: by Wendy F, biblioholic (new)

Wendy F (blessedwannab) | 3150 comments Leea and I have down a lot of house work and rearranging, but I think for now we should be good and situated.

If you think of a character or book that isn't listed we welcome you to add them.

Also, let's please be wary of our accidental spoilers. Please mark your posts with the spoiler tag so that we don't blow it for others.

type your text here and remove the exclamation point

message 3: by Wendy F, biblioholic (new)

Wendy F (blessedwannab) | 3150 comments Just a quick note to tell everyone that Dee has graciously agreed to come aboard and run the challenges for this group. So she'll be stepping on as another Moderator.

Thanks DEE!!!!

message 4: by Wendy F, biblioholic (last edited Sep 09, 2013 12:01PM) (new)

Wendy F (blessedwannab) | 3150 comments RULES ABOUT SPOILERS

As we get closer to the release of the Outlander television show on STARZ we are seeing a rise in active members participating in this group, along with our wonderful long term members.

In an effort to keep the group apprised of the basic rules for spoilers we wanted to repost how the group works so there is no confusion or gray area.

(We do insist that you use the actual spoiler tag and not just the word 'spoiler'. For any members who do not know how to use the html spoiler tags, please visit this thread for instructions. Or you can look to the (some html is ok) link above the text box.)

The Books Folder
If you are in one of the Book Threads, you can speak freely UP TO THAT BOOK. So, if you are in the Drums of Autumn thread you can assume that anyone who is in that thread has read Outlander, DIA, and Voyager. However, anything that happens during or after DOA must be in spoiler tags. Special note, there is a thread for Heart's Blood, so any discussion about 'exerpts' should be done in this folder only, or in HTML spoiler tags, as many of our members do not read Diana's Daily Lines or Excerpts.

The Characters Folder
If you are in one of the Character Threads any spoilers should be inside HTML spoiler tags for any book at all times.

The News Folder
If you are in the News Threads all spoilers pertaining to any book should be in HTML Spoiler tags.

Misc Folder or Other Notable Series Folder
If you create a thread in one of these two folders, and you do not want to worry about having to create HTML Spoiler tags, please place the word 'SPOILERS' in the title of the thread. Otherwise we will expect members to use a spoiler tag when discussing.

Any thread or folder that is not specifically mentioned here, the rule of thumb is if it does not say 'spoilers' in the title, use spoiler tags.

Going forward, if there is a spoiler in a thread that is not tagged the mod's will be deleting the original post and reposting it with the spoiler's hidden until we have all become acclimated. On Nov 1st, any posts with spoilers that are not tagged will just be deleted without notification.

I know that this will be an adjustment for all of us. Just please, keep in mind that we want this to be a friendly place for all fans to discuss no matter if you've read all books or if you're just starting. This series is soon to be 8 books long, I don't want this group to be limited to members who have only read all 8, plus the shorts. Let's create a spoiler safe fun environment for everyone.

message 5: by Wendy F, biblioholic (new)

Wendy F (blessedwannab) | 3150 comments YAY!! The wait is over! Written in My Own Hearts Blood is officially out!

I know we're all very excited, the wait has been torturious! Only a quick little announcement about how conversations are going to go in here.

Basically it's like this, we all want to talk freely without having to worry that we're going to ruin anything for another reader. Also, some of us are going to fly through the book, some of us are going to read it very slowly, savoring each page and word, reading just little bits.

To accomodate all of that we are going to break down the book into it's parts. (You probably already see Dee creating them.) Basically it's like this, if you don't want to read spoilers for that section, stay out. If you've finished part 1 and you want to discuss it, you have a place that's safe.

Please note, if you have not finished a section and you enter that thread, you will get spoiled.

Lastly, if you don't want to risk it, you don't want to take part in any thread with spoilers, we have a 'no spoiler' thread. Any spoilers posted in that thread will be deleted immediately!

Hope that is clear!

message 6: by Wendy F, biblioholic (new)

Wendy F (blessedwannab) | 3150 comments New Moderator!

Hi Everyone! Just a quick announcement that the Outlander group has added a new moderator!

Thank you Diane, for agreeing to help us with the upkeep of the group! I hope you have fun!

message 7: by Leea, Escape Artist (new)

Leea | 1239 comments A group message was sent out regarding new rules to this group. This was not in regards to one person (my inbox is filling up...) this was sent to all members to let you know of the new rule change.

If you had done something wrong we would have personally started a conversation with you.

Keep in mind this is just a precaution, we hope this group continues to be positive, engaging and of course sharing the Outlander Love!

~Outlander Mods

message 8: by Wendy F, biblioholic (new)

Wendy F (blessedwannab) | 3150 comments In case there's any confusion, we have decided to close and archive the MOBY threads.

We figured it was time, since the book has been out for a year and a half. Please visit the main MOBY thread in the 'books' folder for further conversation. https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

We'll probably do similar when the next book comes out.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.
unread topics | mark unread