The Complete Idiots Guide to the Ultimate Reading List discussion

Welcome to all new members

Comments (showing 1-50 of 136) (136 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by MJ, Idiot's Top libriarian (new)

MJ | 1335 comments Mod
Wow I have noticed a lot of new members in our group. Just wanted to welcome everyone.

message 2: by Kristen (new)

Kristen Thanks - glad to find the group! I found 1001 btrbyd to be truly overwhelming and out of my realm of interest!

message 3: by MJ, Idiot's Top libriarian (new)

MJ | 1335 comments Mod
I felt the same about 1001 books besides I have no desire to read anyhting written by the Marquis de Sade. ;)

message 4: by Andrew (new)

Andrew (grccrules325) | 1 comments Hello all! I am glad to be here!!!

message 5: by MJ, Idiot's Top libriarian (new)

MJ | 1335 comments Mod
Hi Andrew.

message 6: by MJ, Idiot's Top libriarian (new)

MJ | 1335 comments Mod
Welcome Andrei!!! Fell free to start new threads on the books you have read from the list and message any questions to me.

message 7: by Kourtney (new)

Kourtney Hi everyone!!! I'm glad I signed up because I need to branch out of my genre's :)

message 8: by LinBee (new)

LinBee Since I don't have the book in our library, I am excited for the online list! Thanks for creating the list and the group!

message 9: by MJ, Idiot's Top libriarian (new)

MJ | 1335 comments Mod
Hi Kourtney and LinBee.

message 10: by Kristen (new)

Kristen Is there a list of the book on the site? I just got a copy of the book from the library and am anxious to flip through it!

message 11: by MJ, Idiot's Top libriarian (new)

MJ | 1335 comments Mod
If you look in each topic the first thread of conversation has the list of books from that chapter. And somewhere there is a link with all the books listed.

message 12: by Christina (new)

Christina | 1 comments Long time reader, first time commenter. I really like that you have books divided into genres. That is helpful. It is also a relief to see some current books, not that the "classics" are all bad, but sometimes they are so tedious to try and get through. I look forward to exploring more books here, thanks!

message 13: by MJ, Idiot's Top libriarian (new)

MJ | 1335 comments Mod
Hi Christina

message 14: by Sunflower (new)

Sunflower | 33 comments Hi. I'm a sucker for book lists and found that (gasp) I hadn't read anything on some of the genres here. Time to leap out of my comfort zone and try something new.

message 15: by William (new)

William (Acknud) | 63 comments Welcome Sunflower. Hope you enjoy the list. What is your comfort zone?

message 16: by MJ, Idiot's Top libriarian (new)

MJ | 1335 comments Mod
Hi Sunflower. I felt the same way whenI found this list.

message 17: by Sunflower (new)

Sunflower | 33 comments Hmmm literary/ popular fiction is me at the moment. Good to have your lists to check through. Will go haunt the library and look for some of them.

message 18: by MJ, Idiot's Top libriarian (new)

MJ | 1335 comments Mod
It seems every time I get busy and dont check in with the group are numbers swell. So I want to Welcome all our new members again and to encourage everyone to start threads for books you have read on the list. Comment on any threads already started and feel free to join our bookclub and make nomination for January's selection.

message 19: by Flora (new)

Flora (heylady38) | 2 comments Hi so glad I found you this is great. Just hanging around and exploring.

message 20: by MJ, Idiot's Top libriarian (new)

MJ | 1335 comments Mod
Welcome Flora. Let me know if you have any questions

message 21: by Holli (new)

Holli Great site MJ!

message 22: by MJ, Idiot's Top libriarian (new)

MJ | 1335 comments Mod
Thanks Holli

message 23: by Maureen (new)

Maureen (devlindusty) | 1 comments Hi I am glad I found this group. This sounds like it will be a lot of fun with some great people and great books.

message 24: by Derrick (new)

Derrick (AFDerrick) This group is awesome Maureen, hope to see you in some of the discussions here soon.

message 25: by MJ, Idiot's Top libriarian (new)

MJ | 1335 comments Mod
Hi Maureen, feel free to jump in anywhere.

message 26: by Sheida (new)

Sheida (sheida_skw) | 2 comments Hey, just joined this site and found this group, :) Im Sheida

message 27: by MJ, Idiot's Top libriarian (new)

MJ | 1335 comments Mod
Hi Sheida!!!! Welcome to the group. If you have any questions dont hesitate to ask. Feel free to post any new book discussions and Jump into any threads already in progress.

message 28: by Judi (new)

Judi (junbug) | 8 comments Hi everyone I'm Judi ... I live in Los Angeles and have 2 kids. Thanks for the invite MJ!! :-)

message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi all,

I'm Tea. I live in Tennessee with my husband and cat. My children are grownup men now.

message 30: by Marti (new)

Marti (Marjay) Hi everyone, I'm Marti. I live in New Hampshire with my gardens and cats. Thanks for inviting me.

message 31: by Brooke (new)

Brooke (bdzimmy) Hi Everyone! I'm Brooke from Mandan, ND. I joined a week or two ago, but I never introduced myself, so... hello!

message 32: by Sunflower (new)

Sunflower | 33 comments Brooke wrote: "Hi Everyone! I'm Brooke from Mandan, ND. I joined a week or two ago, but I never introduced myself, so... hello!" Hi Brooke, nice sunflowers!

message 33: by Helen (new)

Helen | 1 comments Hi everyone! I am Helen from Toronto, Canada. Thanks, MJ, for letting me know about this group:)

message 34: by MJ, Idiot's Top libriarian (new)

MJ | 1335 comments Mod
Hi Judi, Leola, Marti, Brooke and Helen

message 35: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (mrspickett) Hi everyone! I am Amanda from Indianapolis, IN. Looking forward to reading with you. MJ, thanks for the invite. :)

message 36: by Leslie (new)

Leslie Hey, everyone. I am Leslie from Charlotte, NC. I can't wait to scour through the threads and add to my TBR list! Thanks, MJ!

message 37: by MJ, Idiot's Top libriarian (new)

MJ | 1335 comments Mod
Hi Amanda and Leslie. Jump in on any book discussion or start a new one for any on the list that dont already have discussion threads.

message 38: by Diane (new)

Diane (DianeS) I was a member earlier but got busy with grad school. I'm done now and I rejoined. I'm looking forward to reading books that I normally wouldn't- I usually read children's books or teen books, since I am a youth services librarian.

message 39: by MJ, Idiot's Top libriarian (new)

MJ | 1335 comments Mod
Welcome back Diane. Feel free to jumb in anywhere. If you have questions or suggestions please let me know

message 40: by Diane (new)

Diane (DianeS) Thanks! I just got the 2 bookclub books for the month. I'm starting a bit late but maybe I'll finish at least 1 before the month is over. They both look really interesting!

message 41: by Rose (new)

Rose | 1 comments Hi all,
Just stumbled upon this group somehow.....I love the idea of trying out different types of books. Some great suggestions listed in the comments as well as the book list. Can't wait to finish my current book (Brave New World) to jump in and try the June selections!

message 42: by MJ, Idiot's Top libriarian (new)

MJ | 1335 comments Mod
Hi Diane and Rose. Feel free to jump in any where

message 43: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (ashleyyy28) Hi everyone! I'm new and I love the idea of this group.. looking forward to getting started!

message 44: by MJ, Idiot's Top libriarian (new)

MJ | 1335 comments Mod
Hi Ashley and welcome to the group

message 45: by Ross (new)

Ross Burton (RossB) | 1 comments Hi everyone, I'm Ross, I live in Stirling (Scotland) and just starting to explore the Goodreads website. I like the sound of this group, and like the idea of no parameters and no comfort zone!

message 46: by Mary (new)

Mary Jane | 14 comments Hi everyone! I'm Mary Jane from Wilmington, Delaware. I was just talking to my niece in California and she told me about Goodreads, so I had to join. This group sounds like a great place to start, since I like many different kinds of books.

message 47: by MJ, Idiot's Top libriarian (new)

MJ | 1335 comments Mod
Welcome Ross and Mary Jane!!!!! Jump in where ever you want.

message 48: by Angela (new)

Angela | 2 comments This is so great! I have finally found a place where bookworms gather. I like the bookclub idea too, what fun! (I am such a nerd): )

message 49: by Elhara (new)

Elhara | 4 comments Hello everyone. I just joined this morning. It's nice to be amongst others who enjoy reading a variety of titles and like to share their thoughts.

message 50: by MJ, Idiot's Top libriarian (new)

MJ | 1335 comments Mod
Welocme Angela and Elhara. Jump in with reviews and comments any where.

« previous 1 3

The Complete Idiots Guide to the Ultimate...

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Time Traveler's Wife (other topics)
Water for Elephants (other topics)