Books Stephen King Recommends discussion

Stephen King
This topic is about Stephen King
Stephen King, THE Man > Stephen King Books You Own and Treasure! Or Wish To!

Comments (showing 1-27 of 27) (27 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Debra (new)

Debra (debra_t) | 2413 comments Mod
I have a complete library of Stephen King first editions, and some limited editions - a few signed by King! I even have a rare (limited to 500 copies), signed, numbered, framed broadside (kinda like a poster, but not really) titled "Letters from Hell." There is one shown at this website: http://www.veryfinebooks.com/Stephen_.... Not sure how long that link will be good.

Here's the description:

"An over-sized Signed Limited Edition poster of "Letters From Hell", personally hand signed by Stephen King and limited to only 500."

"Lord John Press, CA 1988 [published date: 1988] This broadside is hand signed by Stephen King. First edition with the signature & publisher information area at bottom right. This poster contains the full text of an article by Stephen King originally published in the New York Times entitled "Ever Eat Raw Meat?""

"This limited edition was produced to 500 signed and numbered copies & 26 signed and lettered copies. A single sheet with 4 columns of text by Stephen King, paper size: 18 x 24 inches; printed letterpress in three colors (red, purple, & black) on BFK Rives France, a heavyweight art paper with deckled edges; Designed & Printed by Vance Gerry & Patrick Reagh."

I was looking through some boxes from storage the other day and finally found my signed, limited, copies of The Secretary of Dreams, Vol. 1 and The Secretary of Dreams, Vol. 2, and the over-sized, limited, signed edition of 'Salem's Lot, and lastly my signed, limited edition of The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon: A Pop-up Book.

I think that ends the list of my signed copies of King's books.

I have all the limited editions of the Dark Tower series, the last 3 being signed by the artists.

Ok... I'll stop! I know you are GREEN with envy! lol Come on and tell us about your treasures. Even if they are paperbacks and unsigned, I KNOW you LOVE them! I have some paperbacks of his I can't part with... like a copy of Misery Misery with a drawing on the inside front cover that features a buff-looking Stephen King with a wench (Misery herself?) in his arms... one of those bodice-ripper style pictures. Not sure if it is worth much, but I love it... it makes me laugh!

Ok... I'll stop, already.

Debra

message 2: by Lonnie (new)

Lonnie | 38 comments I treasure all of them but the only one that is of any value is He Is Legend signed by Stephen King, Joe Hill and others.

message 3: by Debra (last edited Oct 21, 2011 04:03AM) (new)

Lonnie wrote: "I treasure all of them but the only one that is of any value is He Is Legend signed by Stephen King, Joe Hill and others."

That is great Lonnie. Do you have all of his books, or are you missing a few?

How did you find that copy of He is Legend? I don't remember hearing anything about it.

message 4: by glenda (new)

glenda (ayngelwing) Debra wrote: "I have a complete library of Stephen King first editions, and some limited editions - a few signed by King! I even have a rare (limited to 500 copies), signed, numbered, framed broadside (kinda li..."

WOW, you are right, I am green with envy, lol. That's super!
I have read a lot of his stuff, but any I've owned, I've passed on to others.

I think I would name The Stand as one of my top favourites, and of course, IT, as it's the first King I ever read, and I was totally hooked from that day!

message 5: by Lonnie (new)

Lonnie | 38 comments I have all the mass market books and a few that were not mass market. I would LOVE to get some of the 'special' books, like The Girl Who Love Tom Gordon pop up book. Until then, it's just the hard copy. ;)

message 6: by Debra (new)

glenda wrote: "Debra wrote: "I have a complete library of Stephen King first editions, and some limited editions - a few signed by King! I even have a rare (limited to 500 copies), signed, numbered, framed broad..."

IT is one of my favorites, too. I don't hear people mention it often. I thought it was fantastic.

The Stand is a frequent fav, and one of mine, too.

I'd have to say the Dark Tower series is at the top of my list now. It is an amazing epic fantasy, adventure, western, with some horror thrown in. I loved it.

message 7: by Debra (new)

Lonnie wrote: "I have all the mass market books and a few that were not mass market. I would LOVE to get some of the 'special' books, like The Girl Who Love Tom Gordon pop up book. Until then, it's just the har..."

Hey Lonnie: Amazon has a used like-new copy of the pop-up for $9.75 plus $3.99 shipping from a seller (mellion108) I've purchased from before. She is great. Here's the link, if you are interested:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listin...

message 8: by Lonnie (new)

Lonnie | 38 comments thanks for the info... maybe I'll add it to my birthday wishlist

message 9: by glenda (new)

glenda (ayngelwing) Of all the King books I've read, The Dark Tower series was my least favourite... I'd like to tackle it again tho, because I was very young when I first read it. I might get something totally different out the series now...

message 10: by Michele (new)

Michele (micheleruns) | 3 comments I loved IT as well and I have the movie. I have nothing signed by Stephen King :( I will go see his house in Bangor Maine one day!!!
Debra wrote: "glenda wrote: "Debra wrote: "I have a complete library of Stephen King first editions, and some limited editions - a few signed by King! I even have a rare (limited to 500 copies), signed, numbere..."

message 11: by Julie (new)

Julie Henry (happilyderanged) | 3 comments I own a lot of them, but nothing signed or super valuable unfortunately. Pretty sure I have the whole Dark Tower Series, The Stand, Duma Key, Under The Dome, Full Dark, No Stars, Tommyknockers, and Pet Sematary. There are a few I've loaned out and never gotten back. I'd like to get a nice copy of IT sometime.

message 12: by Debra (new)

You'd be surprised at how decent Amazon's prices from other sellers are. Just read the descriptions carefully and look at the feedback rating for each seller. I order this way all the time.

Sabrina (UnderseaBooktuber) (Sassybooktuber) I own a lot of Kings books. my favorite would have to be The Stand although i haven't read most of them. Maybe that will change soon.

message 14: by Linda (new)

Linda Boyd (lboyd5900attnet) | 581 comments The Stand by Stephen King is one of my favorites as well - and I think I have 2 copies of that one......

message 15: by Rocio (new)

Rocio Rodriguez Torres (Scarlet86) | 50 comments My King library isn't that special (in a collector point of view), mostly have been bought used. Once when I was like 15 i went to a flee market and someone was selling like 2 boxes of SK books, including Hardcovers and paperbacks, some I already read, some i wanted to read, some that I never heard before. They sold me the whole lot for like 10 dlls. I remember I couldn't stop smiling every time i glanced at my books for the next following weeks. I treasure each one of my books !!!

message 16: by Almeta, co-moderator (new)

Almeta (MenFromMarrs) | 983 comments Mod
Scarlet86 wrote: "They sold me the whole lot for like 10 dlls. I remember I couldn't stop smiling every time i glanced at my books for the next following weeks. I treasure each one of my books !!! ..."

Excellent price for a Stephen King library! The reading is priceless.

message 17: by Kit★ (new)

Kit★ (xkittyxlzt) I've got nearly all of the novels and short story collections in hardback, the only exceptions is I don't have Night Shift or Different Seasons in HB. I have a couple of duplicates where if I found one in nicer condition than 1 I had, I'd get it, and a few duplicates in paperback for easier reading. About half of my collection came from used book stores, the hunt was all the fun back then. The ones I got new were mostly gifts from my parents but a couple of them I bought myself. I don't have any signed or limiteds or firsts or anything like that, but I still love my collection and if my house were on fire, they'd be one of the first things I'd be trying to save (after the kid and pets are out of course) :)

message 18: by Debra (new)

Scarlet86 wrote: "My King library isn't that special (in a collector point of view), mostly have been bought used. Once when I was like 15 i went to a flee market and someone was selling like 2 boxes of SK books, in..."

Don't you love those bargain finds which contain treasures we can't even put a value on! Very cool, Scarlet!

message 19: by Debra (last edited Nov 12, 2011 05:41AM) (new)

Kit★ wrote: "I've got nearly all of the novels and short story collections in hardback, the only exceptions is I don't have Night Shift or Different Seasons in HB. I have a couple of duplicates where if I found..."

Sounds like you have a nice library of SK books; only missing a couple. I'm sure you could find those for decent prices (not first editions, probably). You know I feel the same about my wanting to rescue my SK collection in case of a fire. But, in truth, I'd never have enough time to pack 'em all up and go!

message 20: by Debra (new)

I'm so geeked. I entered a drawing to win the opportunity to purchase a limited, signed edition of 11/22/63 for $150 and I won!! Woohoo!

Has anyone started reading 11/22/63? I just got the trade edition in the mail the other day, and am itching to start, but I have library books I have to catch up on first!

message 21: by Linda (new)

Linda Boyd (lboyd5900attnet) | 581 comments I haven't purchased mine yet, I looked at it when I was at Target yesterday, but I will purchase it from Barnes and Noble so I can get a good discount with my discount card....

message 22: by Kit★ (new)

Kit★ (xkittyxlzt) I won't get mine til Christmas, but I'll probably be starting right away :)

message 23: by glenda (new)

glenda (ayngelwing) Debra wrote: "I'm so geeked. I entered a drawing to win the opportunity to purchase a limited, signed edition of 11/22/63 for $150 and I won!! Woohoo!

Has anyone started reading 11/22/63? I just got the trad..."

Congratulations, Debra,that is fantastic!!!
I mentioned in another thread that I'm almost half way thru 11/22/63. I'm loving it, but it's going waaay too fast!

message 24: by Debra (new)

glenda wrote: "Debra wrote: "I'm so geeked. I entered a drawing to win the opportunity to purchase a limited, signed edition of 11/22/63 for $150 and I won!! Woohoo!

Has anyone started reading 11/22/63? I j..."

I know what you mean about it going way to fast. I just gobble up SK books and then I'm sad when the experience is over and I have to wait for him to publish another book!

message 25: by glenda (new)

glenda (ayngelwing) I knooowwwww! Arrrrgh! Darned if we do, and darned if we don't!

message 26: by Joan (new)

Joan Wise (joan46) | 13 comments Debra,

You must be so excited in winning the signed edition of
Stephen King's 11/22/63. I am old enough that I remember that day well. I guess for those kind of things you never forget where you were or what you were doing. I have the book as I bought it but now have decided to wrap it up and give to myself for Christmas! I am currently 1/2 way through Duma Key.

message 27: by Debra (new)

Joan wrote: "Debra,

You must be so excited in winning the signed edition of
Stephen King's 11/22/63. I am old enough that I remember that day well. I guess for those kind of things you never forget where you ..."

I was too young to remember that fateful day well; I do remember my teacher crying and being very sad, but that's all.

Christmas! I could never wait that long.

Duma Key is an excellent story. I envy you the journey!

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon: A Pop-up Book (other topics)
The Secretary of Dreams, Volume One (other topics)
The Secretary of Dreams, Volume Two (other topics)
'Salem's Lot (other topics)
Misery (other topics)
More...