Exceptional Books discussion

Heather's Section > most memorable character

Comments (showing 1-12)    post a comment »
dateUp arrow    newest »

message 12: by Bill (new)

Bill (kernos) | 54 comments Rodion Romanovich Raskolnikov from Crime and Punishment. I read him 50 years ago and he still effects me.

message 11: by Anne (new)

Anne Mikusinsi (abghostwriter) | 3 comments Sydney Carton from "A Tale of Two Cities"

message 10: by Colleen (new)

Colleen | 314 comments Mod
Scrooge from "A Christmas Carol"

message 9: by Ellen (new)

Ellen (Ewiggvine) | 5 comments Anne Bolyen

message 8: by Grace (new)

Grace (GraceCorley) I think the character Peter Pan is very well done and memorable

message 7: by Karen (last edited Jan 11, 2012 06:49PM) (new)

Karen | 42 comments I'm in love with Richard Sharpe, Bernard Cornwell's hero of the Napoleonic Wars. (Also with Sean Bean who played the role in many of the movies, but that's another story altogether!) I do agree that Atticus Finch and Sydney Carton are most memorable, notable, and noble fellows. Another great guy is Levin from Tolstoy's Anna Karenina.

message 6: by Almeta (new)

Almeta (MenFromMarrs) Death

message 5: by Maude (last edited Nov 11, 2011 09:48AM) (new)

Maude | 8 comments Scarlett O'Hara

message 4: by Karen (new)

Karen | 42 comments Sydney Carton from Tale of Two Cities would be high on my list, as well as The Little Prince.

message 3: by Dustyn (new)

Dustyn Hessie | 5 comments "Historical fiction"? If you're talking about the genre, than I'd have to say Brutus or Julius Caesar. Every time I open a book about Rome or Greek times Brutus is either referenced to or an active semi-fictional character. And historical fiction is more often Greek than anything else. (Or at least, I think it is?)

But, in the history of fiction I'd say Romeo. People in poorer neighborhoods don't relate to the novels they teach in schools (which cancels out any characters from "To Kill A Mockingbird" or "The Giver" etc.). But, everybody knows Romeo though.

message 2: by Bobby (new)

Bobby (bobbej) | 57 comments Maybe not the most "notable" but the most "noble" has to be Atticus Finch in "To Kill a Mockingbird".

message 1: by Heather (new)

Heather Doherty | 47 comments Mod
Who do you think is the most notable character in historical fiction?

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Crime and Punishment (other topics)