New Moon (Twilight, #2) New Moon discussion

What were your favorite parts in this book?

Comments (showing 1-38 of 38) (38 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Hold_My_Heart (Formerly Narnian525) My favorite chapter was the birthday party and where Jacob takes Bella to meet his family

Danielle The Book Huntress (Self-Proclaimed Book Ninja) I liked the part where they meet the Volturi. The contrast between them and the Cullens was very well done.

I wasn't a big Jacob fan before I read this, but I found I really liked the interactions between Bella and Jake in this book. I thought I'd be bored because Edward was gone. I wasn't.

I also liked the way Meyer described Bella's pain because of Edward and the Cullen's leaving.

Diane I like it when they met the Volturi. Now those are some serious Vampires.

Laura Hill I liked the whole Italy part. Beginning when Bella ran to "save" edward from himself. To the part where they have the conversation in the Lobby Of the Volturi stronghold while waiting to be dismissed. It was suspenceful and full of meaningful dialog between the characters, without to much "swooning" stuff.

Kriggan23 I liked the end part of it when edward proposes :)

Kirby I also enjoyed the interaction between jacob and bella.

Mojo definately the Volturi!! SOO SRS!!! and they creep me out!

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

i liked the part when jacob jumped into Bella's room. i donno y:)

Hasien My favorite part of this book is the desperation flt as each month passed without Edward. That was great!

message 10: by Mojo (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mojo I noe, i love romances and conflicts that y :P

Megan The empty pages with the Month names. I've been there, felt that.

message 12: by Alex (new) - rated it 4 stars

Alex ahlert nothing hated that book it was the worst of all the sagas

message 13: by M.R. (new) - rated it 3 stars

M.R. I know a lot of people liked New Moon the least in the series but I actually liked it better than Eclipse. It was slow after Edward left, but once Alice came back, I pretty much loved the rest of the book.

Haidi This book has one of my favourite scenes in it. When Bella and Alice go and rescue Edward from Volterra and they are reunited. If New Moon wasn't written then then the desperate need for Bella and Edward to find each other again would be lost. It makes their reunion all the better for it. Plus it builds the deep bond between Bella and Jacob, without that Eclipse wouldn't have been as Emotional.

Heaven Lane Aloka wrote: "This book nad no good scenes and to the people who thought it did, you have really bad taste!!!!!!!!!!"

That's not true... I quite enjoyed when Bella jumped off the cliff...

message 17: by Aloka (new)

Aloka i guess you have point but all the romantic seens were very badly written

message 18: by Rula (new) - rated it 3 stars

Rula i loved the part where we saw the Volturi and the scene in Italy where they lived. i also loved the part where she gets on the motorbike with Chet and like she said, "what a rush," and she actually saw flashes of Edward when she was on the bike.

but the best scene was the rivalry between Edward and Jacob when they were in La Push forest. it sort of excited me because i didn't think that Edward wanted to marry Bella, but Jacob wanted to marry her himself.

message 19: by Amanda (last edited Feb 02, 2012 09:16AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Amanda For me, I always love the werewolf and Volturi stuff. I find them both fascinating.

http://divaliciouzbookreviews.blogspot.c...

Shadowcat I liked Chapter 4, Waking Up, because Bella on her own snaps out of her zombie-phase and actually grounds herself with reality: Edward wasn't coming back. It was sad but its also inspiring?
www.nineteenreviews.blogspot.com

Jesserie I love the part where Jake swings from the tree into Bellas room and they talk

Jesserie Kirby wrote: "I also enjoyed the interaction between jacob and bella."

I loved it too! I loved anything with the Wolf Pack

message 23: by Aloka (new)

Aloka i just read ur comments, the jumping off the cliff part was pretty funny. he heh he :{)

Nicole D. I loved all the parts after Alice returned.That part of the book was the best.

Nicole D. Aloka wrote: "This book nad no good scenes and to the people who thought it did, you have really bad taste!!!!!!!!!!"

Thanks so much for your respect of others who's taste is differnet form yours.

Michelle Knox I actually read New Moon before Twilight and it was the reason that I decided to go back and read the first in the series and the ones there after. Bella is pretty depressing, can't dispute that, but this is the book that I absolutely fell in love with the character Jacob Black...nothing hotter than a love sick werewolf! :)

Nadiraalisha when bella jumped from the cliff

message 28: by Aloka (new)

Aloka sorry didn't mean it like that. i think your opinions are great it's just i really found the twilight series badly written and the part about " the people who did have no good taste" i didn't mean it like that
sorry

Jesserie Nadiraalisha wrote: "when bella jumped from the cliff"

i loved that part too haha but i loved everything with the Wolf pack

message 30: by Nicole D. (last edited Feb 29, 2012 03:03PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Nicole D. Aloka wrote: "sorry didn't mean it like that. i think your opinions are great it's just i really found the twilight series badly written and the part about " the people who did have no good taste" i didn't mean ..."

It's ok,I know it's not Shakespeare but I don't like it when someone doesn't like a book and thinks everyone who likes it is an idoit or has bad taste.I dislike Tuck Everlasting but don't think people are stupid for liking it.
To each there own I alwas say.

Shadowcat Aloka wrote: "i guess you have point but all the romantic seens were very badly written"

lol your comments are poorly written, its scenes not "seens"

message 32: by Aloka (new)

Aloka thank you for insulting my spelling and sorry for insulting ur tastes

Shadowcat Aloka wrote: "thank you for insulting my spelling and sorry for insulting ur tastes"

How I feel about the series is irrelevant, I'm just pointing out the irony of your statement...

message 34: by Aloka (new)

Aloka kay

Deondra My favorite parts in the books were.. The meadow scene: Almost every part when you learned about the wolves history: Edward and Bella's first kiss: When Bella finally see's Edward again: Meeting the Volturi was interesting: When Bella in Eclipse after the newborn fight went to tell Jacob she has chosen Edward, such a sad part. The Wedding: When she was turned: I loved when all the other vampire covens came to help, and Bella's tranining: When she used her shield over everyone: And when Edward got to hear what she was thinking :) There are probably a ton more I'm forgetting, but these are some of my favorites. Wish the movie's didn't butcher them!

Vampirelol I have so many favourite part, my most favourite is wedding part, i love her dress and the wedding decorations, my other favourite part is when renesmee borna and jacob imprint on her OMG there are so many favourite parts actually my favourite is the whole series!!!<3

message 37: by Bre (new) - rated it 4 stars

Bre My favorite parts in this book are:
At the ending when Edward asks Bella to marry him.
When Bella goes to Italy to save Edward.
Jacob and Bella go motorcycling together.
When Bella first hears Edward's voice in her head.
When Jacob almost kisses Bella.
When Alice returns.
The ending chapter.
When Edward gives Bella her cd for her birthday.

Hannah I like the all the parts they missed in the film, like after they meet the volturi and in the waiting room until its dark, love all that we missed so if you just watched the film you are so missing out with everything as you can really feel the emotions inside of bella

all discussions on this book | post a new topic

Books mentioned in this topic

New Moon (other topics)