The Hunger Games-Roleplay discussion

Arena Archives > Arena 31

Comments (showing 1-50 of 5,503) (5503 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 110 111

message 1: by Asa (new)

Asa | 163 comments After you say farewell to your mentor you are brought up into the arena. The arena. The one you have been wondering about. The one that has been on your mind since your name was called in the reaping.
The one that you will die in.
As your eyes adjust to the glare of the sun, your ears are hit with the sound of birds, dogs, some strange revving noise, and the chatter of human beings. You can also smell the pleasant scent of cooking hamburgers.
Your gaze focused on the golden gazebo in front of you. Was this the cornucopia? You can see something that looks like maps, keys, and wallets laid out on a table. Is that really all they are giving you for the games?
A little kid rushes past you on some two wheeled device. A bike? Like in the old history books?
Curiously you look around. You're in a park. Buildings are surrounding it. You see the police station, the town house, a library, a hardware store, a flower shop, grocery stores, and other such buildings. Beyond those you see more shops and houses.
You are in a town of the past. A town from the 21st century.
The gong sounds, and the games begin!

Things to note:
The people are robots. They are not programmed to help you. They are going to treat you like a normal human being. You might make an enemy, or you might make a friend. But they are in no way allowed to help you.... They might arrest you for murder, they might gang up on you and try and kill you, they might call an ambulance for you, and they might run you over in their car. You never know.
Maps show the town, keys are for houses(there are only SIX houses and keys), and the cash is so you can buy things.
There is a hospital, but they'll keep you hostage there unless you have the money to pay them or someone else pays your way out. Or you have super skills and can escape. But if you don't manage to find a way to pay them back for bringing you back to health, they'll kill you after three days. Tributes can come visit any time if you're stuck in the hospital.
There are NO weapons in the cornucopia whatsoever.
Keep in mind, most of the things in this town are from centuries ago, your character doesn't know even half of whats going on.

message 2: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 2192 comments ((YEAH!!!!! This is AWESOME))
Rondal looked around in shock during the sixty seconds of stillness. He recognized things from old books. His blood went cold as he realized that this was the past. The gong sounded and he sprinted for the cornucopia. "IVY!" he yelled, turning his head as he ran.

Max *SHERlocked heart* | 1038 comments ((LET IT BEGIN!))

When the gong sounded, Ivy took off, sprinting to the cornucopia. She ran beside Rondal and smiled at him. Then she stopped, grabbed a wallet, key and map. "Where the hell are the weapons?" she cried.

Dex ran off towards the cornucopia. He didnt go near Ivy or Rondal, and grabbed just a wallet and key. He then ran off in the opposite direction

message 4: by [deleted user] (last edited Oct 14, 2011 02:48PM) (new)

Aether looked around and smiled, he grabbed a key, and a wallet. He saw Rondal and Ivy, and nodded, " It's goin to suck to see thoes guys die " he said under his breath. He pulled the hood over his head and ran in the opposite direction.

message 5: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 2192 comments He gasped and looked around. No weapons. "At least this means no one can kill us quite yet," he muttered to her. He grabbed a wallet and a map as well. He jutted his chin towards the library. "Bookshelves. Easy to hide behind," he whispered and grabbed her hand. He ran, bringing her along.

message 6: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 2192 comments Ron stopped short. "Where's Twilight?" he asked suddenly. "TWILIGHT!" he yelled, looking around. He put his back to Ivy's and looked around.

message 7: by Max *SHERlocked heart* (last edited Oct 14, 2011 03:09PM) (new)

Max *SHERlocked heart* | 1038 comments Ivy held Ron's hand tightly as she ran. She looked behind her and saw some of the tributes, but quickly ignored them.

message 8: by Sarah (last edited Oct 14, 2011 03:09PM) (new)

Sarah | 2192 comments "Ivy, I don't think we should leave until we find her." He was worried about Twilight but he didn't want to stay in the open for too long. Who knew what weapons the other tributes were already finding.

Max *SHERlocked heart* | 1038 comments "Yeah," she murmured. "Um, should we wait, or carry on?" she said quickly

message 10: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 2192 comments "Let's move," he said. "Library sound good?"

Max *SHERlocked heart* | 1038 comments She nodded. "Yep," she said, starting to run again

message 12: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 2192 comments He ran with her, shoving open the library doors. He was bombarded with hisses to be quiet as he ran in. He slowed down, checking each face to make sure none of the people were tributes. He walked slowly past the librarian and motioned towards the rows of books. "This would be a good place to maybe learn about where we are and to hide out until we figure out a plan."

Max *SHERlocked heart* | 1038 comments "Yeah," she said. She looked at some of the people in the library and frowned slightly. "This is... different," she said softly

message 14: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 2192 comments "Yeah. We need weapons. I'm sure other tributes have found something by now and we sure can't get anything from the cornucopia." He pulled out a map and flattened it on the floor. He pointed to the hardware store. "That's where they're all gonna be."

Max *SHERlocked heart* | 1038 comments "Kay," she said, nodding. Ivy looked up at him and smiled slightly. "I have to be honest, but right now, my heart is beating so fast cause i'm freaking out"

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

Aether went into a small row of houses. He tried his key in every house untill he found the right one. " Aha! " he said to himself when he found the one that fit the key.

message 17: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 2192 comments (( :( bibi))
Ron smiled and nodded. "Mine too." he admitted. He pointed as one of the people pulled out a small square of metal. He crouched defensively until he realized that the person wasn't using it as a weapon. They put a cord in the metal and put two circles into their ears. They started moving their head and he realized that they were listening to music. "I think that's an iPod!" he said, pointing to the boy who was now reading a book. He shook his head and looked at the map. "I think we should go to a house. Who knows what could be in the cupboards. You have a key, right?"

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

Aether opened the door and saw a large man towering above him. Aether was shocked,and the man just stood there. " Um, hi " Aether said, he ran around the man and into a kitchen. He looked around and spotted a medium sized steak knife, he grabbed it and ran to the man stabing him in the lower back. The man fell to the ground.

message 19: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 2192 comments Ron picked up the key she had. It had a letter and a number on it (D7). He looked at the map's grid and looked at D7. There were three houses.

message 20: by [deleted user] (last edited Oct 14, 2011 04:36PM) (new)

Aether searched the pockets of the man with the kitchen knife in his back. He dig in his pockets. In it he found 10 bucks, his wallet, and his keys. He shoved all of it in his pockets, and left the house.

message 21: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 2192 comments ((Gah Rondal's stuck until Max *I Think I need Therapy?* comes back!!!! Can someone come to the library?))

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

(( ill come if ya want ))

message 23: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 2192 comments ((that'd be great! srry for the late reply, surfin the internet is distracting! :D))

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

Aether sat on the front step of the house. He was lost, going back to were he started would be dangerous. "There's a map in the library, there has to be" he said. He walked in the front doors of the library, and stared at the many bookshelfs.

message 25: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 2192 comments Ron looked at Ivy. "There's someone coming," he said, "I'll just take a look. Stay right here." He slunk into the shadows of the bookcases. "S*** it's Aether," he hissed. As he was going back he hit his head on the shelf.

Master of Puppets (I'm pulling your strings) (diqhedmcguillecutty) | 2790 comments Timothy looked down at his Rammstein T-shirt. He swore, stepping off the plate. He then turned his head to the sky and screamed, "I'm going to kill you!"

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

Aether walked up to the front desk and asked for a map of the city, yet he was tense, he couldn't shake the feeling of someone watching him.

message 28: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 2192 comments ((I kinda want a fight or at least a'd be cool to have an armed vs. un-armed fight))
Ron breathed with relief as he realized that Aether hadn't seen him. He moved back over to Ivy sitting down. As he sat there, he wondered if Aether would actually be a good ally. ((hehe, even more fun if they're slightly oblivious))

message 29: by [deleted user] (last edited Oct 14, 2011 04:54PM) (new)

(( we could fight and become allies at the same time I guess ))
Aether turned to read the maps that librarian had helped him find.

message 30: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 2192 comments ((sure if you want. maybe if ivy and ron find twilight it could be a group? idk....lets just have them fight for now. ill make it easier for aether to find him))
Ron made a split-second decision he hoped he wouldn't regret. He jumped up and walked to the front. "Aether!" he called as he was walking up to him.

Master of Puppets (I'm pulling your strings) (diqhedmcguillecutty) | 2790 comments Timothy began walking at a normal pace over to the cornucopia. He grabbed a robot child and threw it off of it's bike. He kept walking, eyes blazing.

message 32: by Jo (new)

Jo (Penname8) ((31st post!))

message 33: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 2192 comments ((hehe. Timothy sounds....lovely.))

message 34: by Master of Puppets (I'm pulling your strings) (last edited Oct 14, 2011 04:57PM) (new)

Master of Puppets (I'm pulling your strings) (diqhedmcguillecutty) | 2790 comments ((Nope. Sorry.))

Timothy walked up to the cornucopia and grabbed a wallet. He stuffed it into his pocket, grabbed another one, and walked off. He saw a building and ran towards it. On the last step he jumped and tacked his foot on the wall. He pushed upwards onto the roof and pulled himself up. He looked around, searching for Raven.

message 35: by [deleted user] (new)

Aether turned and punched Rondal in the mouth " Oh my god! You scared me"

Master of Puppets (I'm pulling your strings) (diqhedmcguillecutty) | 2790 comments Timothy couldn't see her and half dismounted the roof, moving himself along with his hands.

message 37: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 2192 comments Ron doubled over, his hand over his mouth. He took it away and his hand was covered with blood. "No pwobwem," he muttered. He pressed his sleeve to his mouth. He stuck his non-bloody hand out in a shake. "Tempowawy twuce?" he asked.

message 38: by [deleted user] (new)

Aether grabbed him by the shirt collar " if you try anything funny, so help me I'll cut your through out "

Master of Puppets (I'm pulling your strings) (diqhedmcguillecutty) | 2790 comments Timothy judged the distance between him and another building, and, deciding it was suitable, leapt off the wall, grabbing onto the next building, and started climbing up a pole.

message 40: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 2192 comments Ron nodded slowly and painfully. "I pwomise. I'm twustwothy."

Master of Puppets (I'm pulling your strings) (diqhedmcguillecutty) | 2790 comments Timothy climbed onto the roof. This was definitely the tallest building here. He saw a pebble and picked it up. He threw it skyward. It exploded about ten feet above him. Perfect. Now he knew where the shield was. He jumped on top of a generator and yelled out. "Raven!"

message 42: by [deleted user] (last edited Oct 14, 2011 05:14PM) (new)

" I hope so, for your sake " he said. With that he let go of Rondal and asked " were do we go? "

Master of Puppets (I'm pulling your strings) (diqhedmcguillecutty) | 2790 comments Timothy waited for a response, then shouted again. Louder.

message 44: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 2192 comments He pointed to the bookshelves. "Ivy's back there," he said, the bleeding stopping. ((Should I just grab Ivy so we can move?)) "Have you been to one of the houses?" he asked, "We're thinking of going to one but it's kinda in the middle of things." He held a map up.

Master of Puppets (I'm pulling your strings) (diqhedmcguillecutty) | 2790 comments Timothy gave up and walked to the edge. He judged the fall. He didn't know that where he stood was visible to almost everywhere.

message 46: by [deleted user] (last edited Oct 14, 2011 05:27PM) (new)

(( probably )) " been there already " he said showing him the steak knife, and the money.

message 47: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 2192 comments As Ron turned back to Ivy, something in the far window caught his eye. He noticed that some idiot was standing on the roof. "Well that's not obvious," he muttered under his breath. He rolled his eyes.

Master of Puppets (I'm pulling your strings) (diqhedmcguillecutty) | 2790 comments Timothy guessed the fall was about... 60 feet. He decided to get to the fire escape. He jumped.

message 49: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 2192 comments He turned back to Aether. His eyes widened as he saw the steak knife. "We should get to one of those houses. Other tributes have probably already gotten weapons or something to fight with. Ivy and I need weapons."

Master of Puppets (I'm pulling your strings) (diqhedmcguillecutty) | 2790 comments ((See ya.)) Timothy landed hard on the fire escape, causing a metallic smash that resonated throughout the arena. He swore gently, getting up and dusting himself off. There was about another 12 feet or so before he hit the ground, so he jumped from where he stood. Smashing into the ground, he whacked up his arm and stood. "Damn, this hurts..." he said as he walked away.

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 110 111

unread topics | mark unread