Historical Romance discussion

Comments (showing 1-8 of 8) (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (RockStarNinja) | 39 comments I looked through the threads and couldn't find one about Susan Johnson so I figured I'd start one.

When I was at the bookstore today I was given a very convincing speech about the merits of Mrs. Johnson and I have begun reading Brazen and I have to say that it is indeed as steamy as reported (view spoiler) . But I was wondering if anyone else has read her books or has any opinions about her work?

message 2: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca Huston (Telynor) | 12 comments I've enjoyed some of her novels, but not all of them. Her earliest novels are her best, but the later ones are well, just too graphic and vulgar for my tastes. I can put up with a lot in a book, but when it becomes a PWP, forget it.

message 3: by Karla (new)

Karla (MossyLoveGrotto) I've only read one so far - a very early one: Seized by Love - and thought it was a mess (bad characterization, namely). But I'm still going to give her another look.

message 4: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (RockStarNinja) | 39 comments seton wrote: "General rule for SJ HRs is avoid the ones that dont have the footnotes in the back. ..."

That's a good rule to have, it's actually what I use for most of my historical fiction.

message 5: by Kit★ (last edited Dec 01, 2011 08:19AM) (new)

Kit★ (xkittyxlzt) | 432 comments I read one by her a long time ago, like 10 years ago or so. I think it was To Please a Lady by Susan Johnson. I don't remember a whole lot about it. More recently I read a shorter story by her in the Captivated  Ecstasy/ Bound and Determined/ Dark Desires/ A Lady's Pleasure by Bertrice Small anthology. Her story in that collection wasn't bad :)

message 6: by Jenny (new)

Jenny | 3 comments I love 99% of her books. There are a couple of weak ones, but she is one of my favorite authors

message 7: by Blondie (new)

Blondie (Blonde76) | 25 comments After I read my first Susan Johnson book, I searched for more. I can not recall a single one I did not like. I read all most completely hr books. I love them steamy and Susan Johnson delivers on that. I also love the footnotes she puts in her books, I find them interesting.

message 8: by Jenny (new)

Jenny | 3 comments Teresa wrote: "After I read my first Susan Johnson book, I searched for more. I can not recall a single one I did not like. I read all most completely hr books. I love them steamy and Susan Johnson delivers on th..."

I am with you.......I like them steamy and she always delivers.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Brazen (other topics)
Seized by Love (other topics)
Captivated (other topics)
To Please a Lady (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Susan Johnson (other topics)