And Then There Were None And Then There Were None discussion

Similar books to "And then there were none"?

Comments (showing 1-23 of 23) (23 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Tuuli Have you read similar books to this one, with people being killed one by one? Were they good, would you recommend them? I loved this book and the excitement, and I also loved the TV series Harper's Island that had similar setting, so it would be great to find some more. I haven't been able to find them via goodreads recommendations so I need your help!

message 2: by Jeanine (last edited Nov 08, 2011 11:10PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jeanine Carstairs I don't know any book similar to and as good as And Then There Were None, but have you read Agatha Christie's other books? If not, you should try Murder of Roger Ackroyd and Murder on the Orient Express. You'll surely love them!

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Cant say about any book similar to "And then there were none", but I found Dorothy Sayer's Strong Poison, pretty similar to, Sad Cypress, specially the murderer immunizing himself to the effect of the poison which kills the victim.

message 4: by Lisa (last edited Dec 21, 2011 09:14AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lisa Hackenberg "people being killed one by one"
It seems to me that this idea is a common one...there is some type of "hit list" and people are picked off one by one. I seem to remember a few tv or movie plots along this line but other than the Alien and Predator movie series the exact names escape me. There has to be a good western in there too.

PS a quick search on "movies about revenge" came up with a few more.

Jeanine Tuuli wrote: "Have you read similar books to this one, with people being killed one by one? Were they good, would you recommend them? I loved this book and the excitement, and I also loved the TV series Harper'..."

I agree that Harper's Island was terrific. The twist in the Agatha Christie story though is that EVERYONE on the island is dead. Its the epitome of the whodunit as far as I'm concerned.

Monica Tuuli wrote: "Have you read similar books to this one, with people being killed one by one? Were they good, would you recommend them? I loved this book and the excitement, and I also loved the TV series Harper'..."

I don't know if u r still looking but have u read Hunger Games. It's not a mystery like this but they r killed one by one although it won't end like Agathe's book(which happens to be my all time favorite mystery novel)

BubblesTheMonkey The Westing Game

I have heard of another, something about people coming together and getting killed. The Westing Game, I think it was? I think it has many awards as well. I wish I could read it but, sadly our public library can't keep track of books well.

Nicholas Metz I can't think of any other books along the same plot line. But Read some of Agatha Christie's other books. They aren't along the same plot line but she has many other great books.
Also, there is a movie called Identity that was inspired by And Then There Were None

Victoria Ellis I Know What You Did Last Wednesday by Anthony Horowitz is a spoof of And Then There Were None. It quite funny and tense at the same time.

message 10: by Georges (new)

Georges Hi,

There are numerous films which have taken "And Then There Were None" as the blueprint for their plots but not many books. With two exceptions. "A Maze of Death" by Philip K. Dick (a detective sci-fi book) has 14 travellers on the strange planet of DelmakO who are being killed off one by one by a mysterious presence.
If you type in "And Then There Were None" as your keyword search on Amazon.com or Amazon.co.uk it will list similar books.
"The Ex" by Nicholas Sanders (a psychological thriller) is fifth or sixth on this list of results. I guarantee that “The Ex” is the closest novel you’ll find to "And Then There Were None" but is currently only available on the Kindle.

Hope this helps

message 11: by Joy (new) - added it

Joy Sarcar I think you will enjoy all the novels in the Millennium Series by Steig Larson. Start with "The Girl who Had a Dragon Tattoo", then "The Girl who Played with Fire" and then finish off with "The Girl who Kicked Hornet's Nest"

message 12: by Jaime (new)

Jaime Barbaro Try watching the 1986 April Fools Day. Similar type plot.

Pavan try this "Unexpected guest" by aghatha christie

message 14: by CJ (new) - rated it 5 stars

CJ Scurria Tuuli wrote: "Have you read similar books to this one, with people being killed one by one? Were they good, would you recommend them? I loved this book and the excitement, and I also loved the TV series Harper'..."

Hey, there's a listopia on here titled "And Then There Were None: Deadly Parties."

Maybe that has all you need until you find any others. Hope that helped.

Pigletto The Invisible Host

This came out before And Then There Were None. It's not bad but can be hard to find now.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Invi...

dreams_of_a_butterfly BubblesTheMonkey wrote: "The Westing Game

I have heard of another, something about people coming together and getting killed. The Westing Game, I think it was? I think it has many awards as well. I wish I coul..."

It must be so sad not to have access to your library’s books! :(

Fernando Sandoval Hyde by David Lozano

Jocelyn BubblesTheMonkey wrote: "The Westing Game

I have heard of another, something about people coming together and getting killed. The Westing Game, I think it was? I think it has many awards as well. I wish I coul..."

Yes. I was going to suggest "The Westing Game." I actually read that book first and liked it so much someone suggested "And Then There Were None."

message 19: by Sonya (new) - added it

Sonya Ten by Gretchen McNeil

James I would say that you should trying some of Agatha Christine books is a good start. Also, I would easily recommend Murder on the Orient Express by her as a good start if want something sort of similar to And Then There None.

Joshua I love Anthiny horowitz's I Know What You Did Last Wednesdayn It's a spoof of And then there were none

Andrea There´s a lot of versions of this book, one of them is Diez I hope it helps.

As Jeanine said, I think you´d like other Agatha Christie Books. Un cadáver en la bibliotecaThe Murder of Roger AckroydLos Relojes

Hannah Brown Can't say I've heard of any in the style of 'And then there were none' but perhaps you could try ABC murders which involves serval people being murdered in the one book- not in accordance with a nursery rhyme this time but- ABC!!!

all discussions on this book | post a new topic

Books mentioned in this topic

And Then There Were None (other topics)
The Westing Game (other topics)
The Invisible Host (other topics)
Diez (other topics)
Un cadáver en la biblioteca (other topics)
More...