The Olympian Hunger Games discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Old Pre-Arena RPs > Training Room

Comments (showing 1-50 of 648) (648 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 12 13

message 1: by Honey Hawthorne , Excited to be back:) (new)

Honey Hawthorne  | 1188 comments Mod
RP

message 2: by ☁ ℳisty ℳoonlit ℳemories ☾, Our Newest Moderator (and most active) (new)

☁ ℳisty ℳoonlit ℳemories ☾ (dreamsnitemarecrisis) | 807 comments Mod
Sier walked in and went to what he was worst at- bow and arrow. He could never seem to get it right no matter how many Apollo kids tried to teach him. But practicing was better than nothing.

message 3: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 703 comments Raspine stormed in. She glanced at Sier who was struggling with the bow and arrow. She shook her head and went over to the station. She notched her bow and arrow and sent it flying into the target. A perfect bullseye. She gave him a look. "How ya like me now?" she muttered.

message 4: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 703 comments Aisha wandered in, looking for a useful skill to learn. She walked to the trap setting station and worked with the trainer, carefully tying knots until she made a successful trap. She started over and over again until she got it right every time.

message 5: by Sarah (last edited Oct 05, 2011 08:19PM) (new)

Sarah | 703 comments Aisha noticed that Sier was here...he was kinda cute, actually. She walked over and smiled at him. "Hey sailor!" she said with her Miss USA voice. She casually picked up a bow and arrow. She had trouble notching the arrow.

message 6: by ☁ ℳisty ℳoonlit ℳemories ☾, Our Newest Moderator (and most active) (new)

Sier shook his head. "Does it matter how much I like you?" He asked Raspine, a slight twinkle in his eyes. "All you proved is that I should make sure to break all the bows if I come across any. Don't want you sending an arrow through me like that."

((Is Aisha talking to him? Because they already met...))

message 7: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 703 comments ((UGH sorry. 3 rps at once gets to ya!))

message 8: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 703 comments Raspine let herself smile a little. "You snap my bows and I snap your neck."

message 9: by Altaïr (new)

Altaïr | 620 comments Mod
Slowly, Anson edged his way into the Training Room trying not to be seen--a vain hope for someone the size of a small truck.

The boy lumbered past the array of weapons on the walls; daggers, axes, swords, bows, and made his way to the very back corner of the room, where a tangle of pipes and machinery jutted out of the wall.

With a grim smile, he knelt and studied the furnace in the training room. It was the closest thing they had to a forge; a furnace to keep the room warm in winter.

message 10: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 703 comments Aisha rolled her eyes as Raspine and Sier talked. She turned as she saw someone moving out of the corner of her eye. She saw a large guy next to the furnace and walked over. "Howdy!" she said cheerfully. "Don't think I've seen you yet! What's your name? Who's your parent? I'm guessing Hephaesteus?" she chattered. Why was she chattering?

message 11: by Altaïr (new)

Anson's face turned to stone the moment he heard the girl's voice. He glanced at her from the corner of his eye. She was tiny compared to him, stick-thin and beautiful, with brown hair and green eyes.

Careful not to look at her, he grunted, in a tone that didn't invite conversation, "Yes. Hephaestus is my father."

message 12: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 703 comments Aisha nodded slowly. He clearly wanted to be alone. "Well...I'm Aphrodite's daughter." She realized that that was kind of a mistake. Last thing she wanted was a 'You're mom's a b****' and 'Well your dad is ugly' fight all over again. "Bye!" she said ubruptly and walked/jogged over to anywhere else.

message 13: by Altaïr (new)

Anson hadn't moved from his position by the furnace until the girl had mentioned her mother.

Aphrodite? He watched Aisha bounce away, keeping his face a mask. He'd always been fascinated by the goddess who had spurned his father--the father who had abandoned his mother and never once so much as noticed Anson among his cousins at the forge.

After a moment he realized he was staring and quickly busied himself with the pile of scrap metal heaped beside the furnace. But he couldn't resist glancing back at the girl every so often.

message 14: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 703 comments Aisha sighed. What to do, what to do. She glanced at the bow and arrows. Nope. Knives? Don't need to show that off quite yet. Camoflauge? Can't get much better for an Aphrodite child. She walked over to the camoflauge station, mixing colors to match the leafy pattern the trainer had shown her. She was pretty good at it. She blended plant juices with dark berries and some paints when she needed them until she got the idea of shadowing.

message 15: by ☁ ℳisty ℳoonlit ℳemories ☾, Our Newest Moderator (and most active) (new)

Sarah wrote: "Raspine let herself smile a little. "You snap my bows and I snap your neck.""

"That's if you can catch me." Sier pointed out. "I'll be discrete about my bow breaking."

message 16: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 703 comments Raspine rolled her eyes. "Of course! I forgot how useless eight years with Artemis can be about tracking!" She shot him a dirty look and continued shooting, now rapidly re-loading and shooting.

message 17: by ☁ ℳisty ℳoonlit ℳemories ☾, Our Newest Moderator (and most active) (new)

Sier regretted what he'd said. Artemis? I thought she was just a daughter of Apollo. "So you're an Artemis Champion. Who's your parent, then?"

message 18: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 703 comments Raspine made a face. "Demeter," she said in disgust. "She never wanted anything to do with me. The feeling was mutual. The one thing I get from her is respect for nature. So don't go calling me a pansy or whatever." She felt her face go red as she remembered the teasing she got from other half-bloods. She turned back to the arrows once more.

message 19: by ☁ ℳisty ℳoonlit ℳemories ☾, Our Newest Moderator (and most active) (new)

Sier chuckled. "Actually, I think Demeter's one of the more powerful gods. Being able to starve the human race if she wished like she does every winter due to Hades... It's a skill that should be feared."

message 20: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 703 comments Raspine looked up at Sier in surprise. "I guess so." She said quietly. She smiled slightly and walked calmly to the next station over (edible plants) so she could learn something new and still talk to Sier. She suddenly realized that she shouldn't be talking to Sier...he was a boy. ((she already knew that but she's just realizing what she's doing))

message 21: by ☁ ℳisty ℳoonlit ℳemories ☾, Our Newest Moderator (and most active) (new)

((Lol.))

Sier smiled a bit. He looked around at all the plants and immediatley knew which ones were edible, which were poisonous, and which could be used for medicines. "Do you even need this station?" He asked her.

message 22: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 703 comments "No," she said coldly, "but it couldn't hurt to refresh my memory." After pointing out a poisonous berry to the trainer, she briskly walked to the next station.

message 23: by ☁ ℳisty ℳoonlit ℳemories ☾, Our Newest Moderator (and most active) (new)

Sier continued following her. Daggers. Now this was his station. He picked a straight-bladed one that curved in at the end - a bowie knife. He swung it around a few times, getting used to it's weight. "So what do you do? I mean, besides shoot arrows and know plants."

message 24: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 703 comments "I track. Well. I'm Artemis' best tracker. She trains me herself, one on one," she said with a hint of pride. "I'm also decent with knives and hand to hand combat." She almost asked him the same question, then stopped, trying to resist having a conversation. Finally, she blurted out, "You?"

message 25: by ☁ ℳisty ℳoonlit ℳemories ☾, Our Newest Moderator (and most active) (new)

"Plant growth, anything with a blade..." Sier shrugged. "As you saw I'm horrible with bows and arrows, though." He chuckled slightly. "So you don't have any powers from your mom?"

message 26: by Sarah (last edited Oct 08, 2011 11:55AM) (new)

Sarah | 703 comments Raspine shook her head and picked up a dagger. It balanced pretty well in her hand. "I never asked who your parent is..." she said, looking up at him questioningly. "Possibly Hermes...Ares? Definitely not Apollo!" she said with a smile. Raspine threw the dagger at the target. It hit a ring about two away from the bullseye. She frowned.

message 27: by ☁ ℳisty ℳoonlit ℳemories ☾, Our Newest Moderator (and most active) (new)

Sier smiled. "I thought you would have guessed that with the whole plants thing. "Dionysus." He told her. He took aim at the same bullseye and hit the line between it and the first ring out.

message 28: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 703 comments She nodded. "Makes sense. Do you make people go insane?" she asked with genuine curiosity. She threw a few more daggers, none of them hitting the bullseye.

message 29: by ☁ ℳisty ℳoonlit ℳemories ☾, Our Newest Moderator (and most active) (new)

"Nah. I can influence decisions, but I doubt I could make a person act like they just escaped from an insane asylum." Sier told her.

message 30: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 703 comments Raspine nodded in slight relief. She watched him work with the dagger for a little bit and moved to the next station. Camoflauge. She watched the Aphrodite girl mix her berries and plants until she matched the picture. Working with makeup probably helped. Raspine wove vines together slowly and carefully.

Aisha looked over at Raspine. "Heyyyyy," she said in her girly voice. Raspine wrinkled her nose at her. Aisha frowned. "Hi!" she said, trying the chirpy voice. Raspine turned back towards Sier. Aisha sighed and went back to her mixing.

message 31: by ☁ ℳisty ℳoonlit ℳemories ☾, Our Newest Moderator (and most active) (new)

Sier shook his head, telling her silently that he wasn't one for camouflage.

message 32: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 703 comments Raspine shook her head. "How do you think you're going to learn without trying it? Look how bad mine is!" She showed him a net of vines that looked somewhere between man made and natural.

message 33: by ☁ ℳisty ℳoonlit ℳemories ☾, Our Newest Moderator (and most active) (new)

Sier made a wave of his hand and a few vines wrapped around him as he blended into the natural background that was being used at the moment. He let the plants drop and they died off. "I don't think I need to worry about plants, I'm just not good with the camouflage part. But I don't need to worry about it. I'll be at the swords, though." He smiled slightly, then made his way to the next station.

message 34: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 703 comments Raspine's jaw dropped, and she shut it quickly in embarassment. "Yeah, I guess I could work on swords." She was nervous. She was horrible with swords. They felt clunky and strange, but she walked over anyway, picking one up. "So....what do we do?" she asked.

message 35: by ☁ ℳisty ℳoonlit ℳemories ☾, Our Newest Moderator (and most active) (new)

Sier already had one and was fighting with the dummy, making easy slices through it's torso and cutting off limbs. "What do you mean?" He asked her, finally cutting off the head.

message 36: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 703 comments Raspine laughed nervously. "Just...kidding." She attempted to stab a dummy in the stomach and stabbed it in the arm instead. She felt akward and off balance. She glanced over at Sier and winced, as she realized she was just showing off her weakness. She stopped. "I don't really...need....yes, need practice right now! Clearly you don't either, let's move on!" she said in a weak attempt to hide her flaw.

message 37: by ☁ ℳisty ℳoonlit ℳemories ☾, Our Newest Moderator (and most active) (new)

Sier looked over at her. "Hang on." He told her, taking the sword from her. "First of all, this swords way too big for you." He said, putting it on the rack and finding a better balanced sword. "Second, you aren't even standing with it right." He handed her the better sword.

message 38: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 703 comments Raspine nodded. "Well that figures! I was feeling a bit off my game today...really, let's move on!" she said, begging with her eyes for no more humiliation.

message 39: by ☁ ℳisty ℳoonlit ℳemories ☾, Our Newest Moderator (and most active) (new)

Sier noticed her eyes. "You don't know how to do this, do you?"

message 40: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 703 comments Raspine nodded in shame. "Hunters of Artemis don't exactly learn swordplay." She lowered her eyes and scuffed her feet. "I'm not much of a half blood if I don't even know how to hold a sword."

message 41: by ☁ ℳisty ℳoonlit ℳemories ☾, Our Newest Moderator (and most active) (new)

Sier shook his head. "I learned swordplay, I wasn't born with it." He smiled. "Do you want to learn?"

message 42: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 703 comments Raspine looked up quickly. "That would be great!" she said. She looked down at the sword in her hand. "So...I just hold it?" she asked, gripping it with her fist.

message 43: by ☁ ℳisty ℳoonlit ℳemories ☾, Our Newest Moderator (and most active) (new)

Sier chuckled. "No. You let it lie on the floor." He told her with a wink. He held the handle of his own sword. "Not too hard, otherwise you won't have any leeway, but not to loose, because you might lose control of it."

message 44: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 703 comments She blushed and concentrated. She held it gracefully, and felt the balance improve. "Now what? I just stab?"

message 45: by ☁ ℳisty ℳoonlit ℳemories ☾, Our Newest Moderator (and most active) (new)

Sier shook his head. "There are different styles of attack, so I can't tell you how to use it while fighting. But I can tell you that you should never think too carefully about what you're going to do; just do it."

message 46: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 703 comments ((sorry doing hw at the same time))
Raspine nodded, understanding now. "It sounds like hand to hand combat. How does this look?" She lunged gracefully, slicing at the dummy's neck. She realized that she looked like she was fencing.

message 47: by ☁ ℳisty ℳoonlit ℳemories ☾, Our Newest Moderator (and most active) (new)

((No, I'm sorry. I had to leave to get ready for a dance. ^_^ Hope you got your homework done.))

Sier smiled. "Yeah, it's based off of hand to hand combat, only this kills quicker." He told her, then he walked around her and held her wrists from behind her to move her into the position he always used. "You really don't want to be too slow, because it gives your foe a chance to counter-attack." He breathed, not wanting to speak too loud since he was close to her ear. "Just gently, quick strikes will do the trick for basics." He helped her jab, slash, and swipe at the dummy.

message 48: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 703 comments Raspine felt slightly uncomfortable. She watched as her strikes became more graceful and quick. She nodded and cleared her throat loudly. Artemis would never approve of him being this close. Of course, Artemis wouldn't approve of spending any time with Sier. But she was learning useful skills...she sighed and tried the swipe again, this time quicker and more gentle.

((Yeah I got most of it done. How was your dance?))

message 49: by ☁ ℳisty ℳoonlit ℳemories ☾, Our Newest Moderator (and most active) (new)

((Amazing! ^_^))

Sier let go of her and watched. "Do you want to learn defensive moves, or are you still getting used to attacks?"

message 50: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 703 comments ((Yay! That's good))
Raspine sighed quietly with relief. "Defensive." She knew that was probably what she was going to be doing if she was desperate enough to use a sword.

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 12 13
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.
unread topics | mark unread