Active GoodReaders discussion

All Things Literary > What Are You Currently Reading?

Comments (showing 1-50 of 763) (763 new)    post a comment »

The Nate Gatsby  (macenro) | 97 comments Right now I am reading Darkest Fear.

It is the 7th (I think) book in the Myron Bolitar series. I really love the series. I usually get a couple of laughs out of them and I love characters that make fun of themselves, like Myron does.

Melissa Darnold (little_miss_reads-a-lot) Nathan wrote: "Right now I am reading Darkest Fear.

It is the 7th (I think) book in the Myron Bolitar series. I really love the series. I usually get a couple of laughs out of them and I love..."

Nathan, I saw these on your profile and they sound really interesting. I plan on checking them out.

Currently I'm reading:
Demon Thief (The Demonata, #2) by Darren Shan

It's the second in Darren Shan's Demonata series. He's one of those authors that are categorically organized to me under "guilty pleasures".

Jeshu (jeshusauria) I'm reading three books: The Shining by Stephen King during the day
The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time  by Mark Haddon during the nights
and The Gospel According to Harry Potter  Spirituality in the Stories of the World's Most Famous Seeker by C.W. Neal this is just for curiosity xD

Dierdra Byrd (DierdraByrd) | 112 comments Mod
I am reading Turn Coat (The Dresden Files, #11) by Jim Butcher

Vince (VChile) | 5 comments Working on these two:
V. by Thomas Pynchon
The Two Minute Rule by Robert Crais

RJ | 5 comments Nathan, I just got a chill. I picked up Harlan Coben's Darkest Fear this afternoon, and plan to start it in a few minutes. Is that the Twilight Zone theme song I'm hearing?

Whispers from the Pirate's Ghost Whisper (PirateGhost) I just finished Steven James's The Queen  A Patrick Bowers Thriller (The Bowers Files) by Steven James and I'm starting Tallent & Lowery 13 by Amy  Lignorby Amy Lignor.

Lisa James (sthwnd) | 60 comments Those are just a few of the ones on my currently reading list :) I have set myself a 75 books for the year challenge, & am 62 books in. I've also set myself a challenge to work my way through the Banned/Challenged book lists(various ones), & am also active in the 1001 Books to Read Before You Die challenge.

How do you read so many books at once!?

Lisa James (sthwnd) | 60 comments Well, when I find one hard going I pick up another one that I'm really connecting with, then I take a break & go back to the one I'm having issues with. I end up finishing several at once that way :)

Jason Tan I've just finished The Gunslinger and about to start Only Time Will Tell.

Jason wrote: "I've just finished The Gunslinger and about to start Only Time Will Tell."

Oh oh! What did you think about the gunslinger? I just LOVED that series!! Well except maybe for Wolves of the Callathat was my least favorite.

message 14: by Jason (last edited Oct 04, 2011 09:54PM) (new)

Jason Tan Dierdra wrote: "Jason wrote: "I've just finished The Gunslinger and about to start Only Time Will Tell."

Oh oh! What did you think about the gunslinger? I just LOVED that series!! Wel..."

Hmm The Gunslinger is a little odd to me, since it the first Stephen King book I've read that is continued to a second book. Nothing big (big as in Stephen King big) happened in the book. It almost feels like I'm watching the premier episode of a new tv series or Chapter 1 of a really thick book.

But I still loved it. I love how we learn about Roland's past in flashbacks (sort of like how the TV series Lost did it). But the book did raise a few questions for me though which I hope will be answered in later books. Especially Jake, he's like an enigma to me. Overall I loved it, but not as much as the other King books. I heard it gets much much better from The Drawing of the Three onwards.

message 15: by Odessa (last edited Oct 04, 2011 11:38PM) (new)

Odessa (SinCityReader) I'm reading The Secret Life of Bees bySue Monk Kidd.

I usually never see the movie before I read the book, because it clouds my vision of the book. I do know I will never do it again.

But it is a good book!

Gayatri | 6 comments Dierdra wrote: "I am reading Turn Coat (The Dresden Files, #11) by Jim Butcher"

Wow! I love that series. Just finished reading Ghost Story (The Dresden Files,  #13) by Jim Butcher two days ago! Can't wait for the next one. So did u finish this book yet??

Gayatri | 6 comments Just started reading Babe in Boyland by Jody Gehrman

Branwen *Blaidd Drwg* | 10 comments Right now I'm reading:

*To Kill an Angel-by M. Leighton
*The Night Strangers-by Chris Bohjalian
*The Wishsong of Shannara-by Terry Brooks
*East-by Edith Pattou
*The Son of Neptune-by Rick Riordan
And I'm slowly but surely making my way through 'A Dance with Dragons' by George RR Martin. :) They're all really good so far!

Noeleen This week I'm reading Shanghai Girls by Lisa See and listening to Rules of Prey by John Sandford on audio

Greg Crites (veinarmor) | 2 comments Internecine by David J. Schow Violent and well written thus far. I'm about a quarter of the way through.

message 21: by Sandra (last edited Oct 05, 2011 05:43AM) (new)

Sandra (Solyndra) I'm about to start a book called Grimpow: De Stem Uit Het Duister (Grimpow: The Voice In The Dark), which wasn't up on Goodreads yet? It's a second book about Grimpow by Rafael Ábalos. Book 1 was a very popular ya book here in the Netherlands (voted best book of the year when it came out) and I quite enjoyed it so I picked up book 2. It's got one hell of a story, with loads of interesting Medieval details. I love it.

(Up next is The Son of Neptune, which I just got for my e-reader because somehow I absolutely cannot resist Percy Jackson. My to-read list hates me.)

Stephen Livingston | 12 comments I'm currently reading The Thousand Autumns of Jacob de Zoet by David Mitchell.

Don (PaladinGR) | 2 comments Currently reading A Clash of Kings

message 24: by Todd (last edited Oct 05, 2011 10:22AM) (new)

Todd Russell (toddrussell) | 6 comments I'm reading four books as of this writing.

The Rogue  Searching for the Real Sarah Palin by Joe McGinniss by Joe McGinniss

Nonfiction, just released. Got from the library and reading on my iPhone.

Bag of Bones by Stephen King by Stephen King

Ghost story, fiction. Reading in paperback. Loved the first 100 pages.

Heart-Shaped Box by Joe Hill by Joe Hill

Ghost story, fiction. A man buys a ghost from an online auction website. Another ebook I got from the library, this one I'm reading on my Kindle.

The Raven & Other Classic Poe Stories by Edgar Allan Poe by Edgar Allan Poe

Fiction. Rereading this ebook on the Kindle. I try to keep at least one classic cycling through my rereading list.

Noeleen 秦依凝MiaNicole wrote: "Noeleen wrote: "This week I'm reading Shanghai Girls by Lisa See and listening to Rules of Prey by John Sandford on audio"

My mother read Shanghai Girls and she said that the writing wasn't try go..."

yes i'm enjoying it because of reading about the culture and the story is okay

Noeleen Don wrote: "Currently reading A Clash of Kings"

This is on my October reading list, read the first one last month and loved it

Lorena Bathey (LorenaBathey) | 7 comments I just finished Sisters by Rosamund Lupton It was FABULOUS! I read it in one day.

Now I'm read "Is Jack in Love" its an ARC copy I won in a giveaway from a reveiwers site. It's pretty good so far!

Sara | 11 comments Lisa wrote: "Well, when I find one hard going I pick up another one that I'm really connecting with, then I take a break & go back to the one I'm having issues with. I end up finishing several at once that way :)"

I once finished four books in one day because I do the same thing!

Sara | 11 comments I'm almost finished with The Golden Compass by Philip Pullman

I'm also slowly making my way through Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert I suspect I will read at least 3-4 more books before I manage to finish!

April | 33 comments Tim Willocks-The Religion

Marie | 4 comments Currently reading: The Art of Saying Goodbye  A Novel by Ellyn Bache Liar Liar (Volume 1) by The Philadelphia Liars Club The Lying Game (The Lying Game #1) by Sara Shepard

Recently finished: Queen of the Dead (The Ghost and the Goth, #2) by Stacey Kade The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #1) by Rick Riordan Something Borrowed (Darcy & Rachel, #1) by Emily Giffin

Tay | 37 comments Currently reading Persuader by Lee Child.

Richard Goodwin (richardgoodwin) | 4 comments Currently dragging myself through In the Miso Soup, by Ryu Murakami. Realizing I don't really care for psychological thrillers. But I will push on to the end!

Lisa James (sthwnd) | 60 comments I am heading to Barnes & Noble this weekend, a local author we know is having a book signing for his new mystery book. He wrote the YA series Windrusher(about cats), which we own signed copies of (of course, we've known him for years. I told him I wouldn't miss his book signing event for the world, so I will be reading Matanzas Bay by Parker Francis :)

Whispers from the Pirate's Ghost Whisper (PirateGhost) Just finished Tallent & Lowery 13and moving on to Goldfingerby Ian Fleming.

Scott Collins | 9 comments Jeshu wrote: "I'm reading three books: The Shining by Stephen King during the day
The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time  by Mark Haddon during the nights
and [bookcover:The Gospel According to Har..."

I've read the first two. They're both very good. Hope you enjoy!!

Lisa James (sthwnd) | 60 comments I just finished & reviewed
The Genesis Secret

VERY good book. It has everything :) Murders, mystery, a genius IQ psychopath, ritual sacrifices, a life changing secret discovery, etc. This was one of my "free reads", not on any of my challenge lists.

Jeshu (jeshusauria) Scott wrote: "I've read the first two. They're both very good. Hope you enjoy!! "

I'm enjoying both!!! The shining gives me goosebumps and the other one is very unique :)

Whispers from the Pirate's Ghost Whisper (PirateGhost) Just finished Tallent and Lowery:13 and starting on "Goldfinger!" Ian Fleming.

I just started The Book Thief by Markus Zusak

Scott Collins | 9 comments Jude wrote: "Right now I'm reading Angels and Demons by Dan Brown. It's really good!"

Loved that book!

Gayatri | 6 comments Just Started Going Too Far by Jennifer Echols

Linda Cee (LindaCee) | 392 comments Mod
I'm reading White Seed  The Untold Story of the Lost Colony of Roanoke by Paul Clayton

Jillyn I kind of have a tendency to read multiple books at once, but right now I am focusing on reading The Foremost Good Fortune by Susan Conley

Cari (PikaPrincess) | 3 comments I'm currently reading Fatal Voyage by Kathy Reichs Fatal Voyage (Temperance Brennan, #4) by Kathy Reichs

Gina -  | 29 comments currently reading My Name is Memory but I'm convincing myself to not skip to the end because everyone has said that it's great but the ending ruins it.... anyone here read it?

Lisa James (sthwnd) | 60 comments Dierdra wrote: "I just started The Book Thief by Markus Zusak"

I loved this book :) I read it & reviewed it :)

Lisa James (sthwnd) | 60 comments Just finished Of Mice & Men last night, & I have in front of me to start now, James Joyce- A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man, which was referenced IN The Genesis Secret, which I just finished yesterday, LOL.

The library just called, 2 of the books I had on order, Lolita & The Tin Drum, just came in :) I still have out on a state search, Fanny Hill & The Black Dahlia.

Melissa Darnold (little_miss_reads-a-lot) Cari wrote: "I'm currently reading Fatal Voyage by Kathy Reichs Fatal Voyage (Temperance Brennan, #4) by Kathy Reichs"

You know, I've been planning on getting a start in that series for so long. I really need to do that.

Also, Lisa: Of Mice & Men is one of my favorite books of all time. I really love it.

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 16