Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (Harry Potter, #3) Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban discussion

Harry potter VS. Percy Jackson and Gandalf VS. Dumbedeore

Comments (showing 1-26 of 26) (26 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Who do you think would win in a fight Harry Potter or Percy Jackson?

707marek o definitely harry potter

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Wow I post this and 10 seconds later someone posts :) I have to agree with you but I think Percy would put up a good fight.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Rish wrote: "Whoahhhhh.... impossible question of the year."

What do you mean?

message 5: by Kam (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kam im pretty sure it would be harry potter, because, with his magic, he has control over just about anything(if he knows the spell, that is. and with harry, thats kinda doubtful) while percy only has control over water. But, it also kinda depends on where it would be. Near an ocean or something, percy would win. anywhere else, harry is more likely to.

Wow. that hardly seems fair.

message 6: by Sri Chaitanya (last edited Oct 03, 2011 04:28AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sri Chaitanya Lol. Its rather a hypothetical question. Percy and Harry are powerful in their own ways. so i rather don't want a fight between them instead if they pair up as a team they would beat anyone :-)

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

That would be cool Chaitanya they could be called kickbutt dudes :)

message 8: by Sandy (last edited Oct 03, 2011 09:48AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sandy Wow it would all depend on the scenario really. Location would certainly be key because if they were in the middle of a city block with no nature whatsoever and Percy just had his sword he wouldn't be able to use much of his abilities effectively except his natural demigod fighting abilities - his strength and his speed. He would need to depend on close range attacks which wouldn't be good since Harry would be able to use long range attacks with his wand and attack Percy before he got close enough. Though Percy is very bright and he could probably figure out to use water from underground sewers and fire hydrants or sprinkler systems within buildings.

And if they were in a natural environment...who knows what would happen because Percy doesn't need to be near water in the first place because he can create seawater from things like fossilized seashells in the ground left behind from thousands of years ago but again that would take time and isn't really something you can pause to do in the middle of a fight.

Now I want to see this happen either way both guys certainly have fighting experience, know how to think quick under pressure and use their surroundings.

Tobin Hoops Harry

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

I would have to say Harry too but I wanted to see if anyone didn't agree

Bookrazy-Koi Harry Potter still... it cannot be compared to anything so far... it's like asking me to compare Lord of the Rings and everything else! LOL

I think Percy Jackson has a charm of its own...Hunger Games has as well... Harry Potter and LOTR as well... there are just some books you can't pit against each other :))

Missie My vote is for Harry!

Since LOTR was brought into this what about Dumbledore vs. Gandalf?

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

Dumbledore 100% I mean Gandalf is wise but Dumbledores got the power

message 14: by Bookrazy-Koi (last edited Oct 06, 2011 01:14AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Bookrazy-Koi Gandalf said to Bilbo to not mistake him as a conjurer of magic tricks...just because gandalf does not show his power does not mean he doesn't have 'em :D especially since he's become gandalf the white... besides, Gandalf is totally going to kick Dumbledore's ass in a sword fight...then again, maybe dumbledore also has skills with the blade, huh?

That movie..Gandalf vs Dumbledore ..i'm going to pay to see! hahahah ^_^

But i love both of them... Dumbledore is like a dear grandpa while Gandalf is that rascal uncle grandpa :D

Missie Bookrazy-Koi wrote: "Gandalf said to Bilbo to not mistake him as a conjurer of magic tricks...just because gandalf does not show his power does not mean he doesn't have 'em :D especially since he's become gandalf the w..."

LOL! That would be a movie to see and I would even pay extra for the 3D IMAX!!

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

I would pay 30 bucks to see that :)

Bookrazy-Koi ahaha 3D iMax "Gandalf vs Dumbledore" hahha totally going to rock! I mean, i don't know if anybody else did but I enjoyed the movie "Freddie VS Jason" hahaha

Missie A ton of money to be made on the this screenplay if it is well done!!!

Ciara Ive read and loved the Harry Potter series, watched the movies, e.t.c, but I only saw the movie of Lord of the Rings (I used to love it, I had the box set, and though I still like it, Harry Potter rules!) and saw Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief. So... definitely Harry. And probably Dumbledore. :D

message 20: by Scott (last edited Jan 27, 2012 10:56AM) (new)

Scott Garrett wrote: "Rish wrote: "Whoahhhhh.... impossible question of the year."

What do you mean?"

They mean it would be an even fight. I would have to side with PJ on this one. Also dumbledore would win

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

This is a really hard question and I don't know why I asked it! Haha

Micaela Gandalf for sure he has way more expiriance the fights are more intence for LotR.

message 23: by E.E. (new) - rated it 5 stars

E.E. Harry is a bighead but he can do magic. If Percy managed to get Harry's wand from him than Percy. If not, Annabeth is going to be bawling.

Depends of which book you're talking about for Dumbledore. Any book before the fourth then he stands more of a chance. That one's kind of hard.

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

Seeing as I'm not fond of the Percy Jackson series, and I've loved Harry Potter for as long as I can remember, I want to say Harry. My heart, my gut, everything except my brain wants me to say Harry. However, if I actually think it through, there are too many factors to really think it through. Location, time period, whether or not they have their respective groups of friends with them.

7709louis i want harry. but probably even. dumbledore

Brooke Percy. I liked him better than Harry.

all discussions on this book | post a new topic

Books mentioned in this topic

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (other topics)