The Teen Writing, Reading and Roleplay Group discussion

Shiver (The Wolves of Mercy Falls, #1)
This topic is about Shiver
Book Club > October Read: Shiver

Comments (showing 1-9 of 9) (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Cassie (CassidyVictoria) | 82 comments Mod
This months read is Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater. Post your thoughts here! Occasionally I will post questions or ask for opinions, etc. Read away!

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Cassie wrote: "This months read is Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater. Post your thoughts here! Occasionally I will post questions or ask for opinions, etc. Read away!"

I enjoyed this book so much.

Alice

sucre'd fiend (sucredfiend) This book is wonderful. I enjoyed reading the trilogy and look forward to the next one by Maggie.

I'm not done yet, because I'm also re-reading the Harry Potter Series, and I haven't had much time for this book. But I'll definitely be reading it more before the end of the month!

Mockingjay  | 6 comments I'm sorry but I really did not enjoy this book at all. Will not be continuing with this series.

It definitely wasn't the best book I've ever read. I'm not sure about continuing with the series. Some parts moved way too fast and the plot line had too many twists and turns. I also couldn't completely concentrate when reading. I give this book 2 out of 5 stars.

Mockingjay  | 6 comments Cassie wrote: "It definitely wasn't the best book I've ever read. I'm not sure about continuing with the series. Some parts moved way too fast and the plot line had too many twists and turns. I also couldn't comp..."

Totally agree with you- the most troubling part of the book for me was the relationship with Sam, it was unbelievable also the songs he sang were kinda weird.

Yes, I did agree that the songs we're a little strange. Like sure, it was his creative muse, but the way he treated Grace's parents and everything was unrealistic. Or the way he treated Grace even. No boy will treat a girl that way. No boy cares about being polite. I'm sure some people will beg to differ, but my 16 year old boyfriend would never worry about being a gentleman.

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

sounds interesting, I find that the wearwolfe vampire thing got old as soon as it started. BUT this book seems to have a unique outlook on the subject, It seems worth a read and so I plan on doing so :))

The Teen Writing, Reading and Roleplay Group

unread topics | mark unread