Paulo Coelho discussion

Which Paulo Coelho books you have read?

Comments (showing 1-50 of 158) (158 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4

message 1: by Aart (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:17PM) (new)

Aart | 14 comments Mod
Which Paulo Coelho books you have read?

message 2: by Afifah (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:37PM) (new)

Afifah | 1 comments The Alchemist is agreed to be one of the best book by Coelho, It's suprising set of places and also the magical things found in this book are inspirational. hmm.. i think i have to read it again for the 3rd time?? it's worth to read over and over. :)

message 3: by Tiffaney (new)

Tiffaney | 1 comments I have read the Alchemist and have not quite finished The Witch of Portobello. The funny thing is that both of these books were recommended to me by different people at the same time. I had no idea (at that time) that they were both written by Coelho. The Alchemist is one of the only books in my library that I will almost certainly read again. The Witch of Portobello is a completely different story but nonetheless, another masterpiece. My mother recommended this one to me right before she died and I have enjoyed every page so far. While I realize that every person has their own perception of reality, I really feel badly for those who have read The Alchemist and not walked away with greater insight into their own lives. The same goes for The Witch although, I believe that women who are strong of thought and vision as well as those who have experienced great change in their lives will appreciate this book more. I am "so" inspired by Coelho's stories. My next goal is to read The Alchemist in Spanish as I have found that reading the same story in another language can slightly alter my initial perception and broaden the tale ;) I can't wait for the spring to arrive when the semester ends and I can indulge in reading for pleasure again!

message 4: by Brenda (new)

Brenda | 1 comments Like everyone I've read The Alchemist. I've also read The Pilgrimage, The Warrior of Light, The Witch of Portobello, By the River I Sat Down and Wept, Veronika Decides to Die, and Eleven Minutes. As someone who works in the mental health field I found Veronika Decides to Die quite fascinating. Eleven Minutes is an absolutely brilliant book. It's one of my favorites!

message 5: by Majdulzahra (new)

Majdulzahra I read the Alchemist about 6 years ago it was required from us in one of our english classes here in Lebanon, ever since then i considered Paulo Coelho a brilliant writer! I read the witch of portobello and zahir, even though there are still similarities between them and the message is the same, the way the author brings out the spirituality in things is just amazin. After i finish my masters hopefully by mid Feb i will read veronica decides to die and hopefuly the rest of books!

message 6: by Alex (new)

Alex | 2 comments I started with The Alchemist, followed by the Fifth Mountain, then The Pilgrimage, and finally, The Witch of Portobello. Throughout reading these, I read Warrior of the Light (I'm still trying to find out what the symbol on the top of each page is, anyone know?). I've got The Zahir and Eleven Minutes up next.

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

I read the alchemist and the Devil and miss prymm. i would like to read the rest of the Coelho's books, but not yet have the time ;))
well.. i don't like the latter because for me the story is too boring to read whereas i read it half book, i couldn't find much more interesting reason to read further :D
but the Alchemist!?!?? wow... really good book! i can learn so many things from this book.
thanks and salute for mr. PAULO! :)

message 8: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (meltymoon) my first was (of course) the Alchemist which made me so so happy!
then The Witch of Portobello~!
and finally Like the Flowing River which made me cry. its so amazing. go out and buy it! i think thats the best one out of all three. i want to meet the man who wrote it and enbrace him and praise him in portugues (ive always been too shy to speak my own language and just speak english instead but for him i will do my best!)

message 9: by Bunga Mawar (new)

Bunga Mawar (verad) | 1 comments I read "The Alchemist" and "Like the Flowing Water." These two books are great and sincere, and I really impressed with the stories inside. "The Alchemist" becomes a book I recommend to all my friends who are keen on reading, even I bought it to be given to my best student every year.

Once I've tried to read "By the River Piedra..." but it's not as good as I expected, so I didn't finish reading it.

message 10: by ghazaleh (new)

ghazaleh | 1 comments The Alchemist. that's great. this book change my mind and my life.realy thanks paulo

message 11: by Amina (new)

Amina | 1 comments i've read the alchemist. that's a amazing great book. i liked it so much.
now, i'm on the process of reading "by the river piedra i sat down and wept". it's also a great book. i liked it so far.
you're amazing Paulo

message 12: by Lauren (last edited Aug 19, 2008 10:10AM) (new)

Lauren (misslaurenwilk) I first read the Devil & Miss Pyrm, then the Alchemist & now I'm on Eleven Minutes. I have bought almost all of his books & now I just have to find the time to read them!

The Devil & Miss Pyrm is an incredible story. It made me think of what I might consider a priority when tempted.

The Alchemist was even better. My personal legend isn't as great as the boy's in the book, but I consider myself lucky to have one that is easily reachable with time.

Lolly K Dandeneau | 2 comments I just finished Veronika Decides to Die and already read other books by him but I must say that I was really deeply affected by Veronika Decides to Die. It was such a beautiful story, and really changes ones perceptions of 'insanity' and 'sanity'. I know firsthand because of my son how certain behaviors or ideas are branded as 'crazy' when really its just different. I really love this book and I cannot wait to read more of his work. I think he is insightful, full of wisdom and that is hard to find these days, especially in books.

message 14: by Kay (new)

Kay I have read:

The Alchemist twice
Veronica Decides to Die
Eleven Minutes

Am just about to start The Witch of Portobello...

message 15: by Elham (new)

Elham (eligoli) | 1 comments hi
you wl find the new world in this book. enjoy ur time ...

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

First, I read The Alchemist and very-very love it! So i put your name as my favorite writer on my top list. ^^
Then The Zahir, Veronika Decides to Die & Eleven Minutes.
Now I'm reading The Pilgrimage, makes me want to try the exercises.
Brida & By the River Piedra I Sat Down and Wept will be the next.

message 17: by Bridgett (new)

Bridgett (BridgettKathryn) | 1 comments I've read the Alchemist, Brida, The Witch of Portobell and I am about half way through Veronika Decides to Die. Brida was my most favorite.

message 18: by Abhishek (last edited Dec 21, 2008 10:08AM) (new)

Abhishek (abhitux) | 2 comments Eleven Minutes
The Fifth Mountain
The Zahir
Veronica Decides to Die
Brida
Devil and Miss Prym
and of course my all time fave :
The Alchemist
The Pilgrimage
and reading now :The Valkyries

message 19: by Joanne (last edited Jan 02, 2009 12:44PM) (new)

Joanne (atebulate) | 1 comments Although my friends have been recommending that I read the Alchemist and By The River Piedra I Sat Down and Wept, my first book was Veronika Decides to Die and found it very fascinating. Then I finally got to read the Alchemist and By The River Piedra..., then The Witch of Portobello, then the Devil and Miss Prym. Now, I'm reading Eleven Minutes. So far, Veronika Decides to Die is my favorite.

message 20: by Apokripos (last edited Jan 22, 2009 05:36PM) (new)

Apokripos (apokalypse) I've read the Alchemist..and here is the review I wrote about the book that was published in our school magazine..Hope you like it guys.. ^_^
my link text

message 21: by Andhi (new)

Andhi (agustinusandhi) | 1 comments Let me see, i already read:
1. By the River Piedra I Sat Down and Wept
2. The Alchemist,
3. The Fifth Mountain,
4. The Zahir,
5. Veronika Decides to Die
6. Eleven Minutes,
7. The Devil and Miss Prym.
My favorite are By The River of Piedra and Fifth Mountain.

message 22: by Christina (new)

Christina | 1 comments I also read The Alchemist first and then decided to read everything he ever wrote. The Witch of Portobello and The Pilgrimage are also important books to me. I'm having trouble getting through The Fifth Mtn. and I still need to read The Zahir and Brida.

message 23: by Teo (new)

Teo (teobishop) Just finished Brida (loved it), and read The Witch of Portabello a month ago (also loved it). I've read the Alchemist, and I recently splurged on about 6 other Coelho books... trying to decide which to read next!

message 24: by Karen (new)

Karen (KarenAndersenMiller) | 48 comments Recently finished reading The Witch of Portobello, and I'm now reading Brida. So far I really like his books.

message 25: by Lorna (new)

Lorna | 1 comments I've read Eleven Minutes, The Alchemist, The Fifth Mountain, By the River Peidra I Sat Down and Wept. I refer to the Warrior of Light and I just bought The Witch of Portobello but have not started it yet. I love his writing and their always life lessons interwoven with the story. Wisdom we can learn and share.

message 26: by Harley (new)

Harley | 59 comments I read the Alchemist first and then the Fifth Mountain.

message 27: by Chitral (new)

Chitral | 1 comments I read alchemist first i loved it so much that i wntd to read other books of sir poulo coelho.
Then i read Zahir, By the River Piedra I Sat Down and Wept, By witch of portbello, Valkyries, Pilgrimage, Eleven minutes. Personally i feel Alchemist and zahir were d best.

message 28: by En (new)

En (Naglazain) I have read the The Zahir. :)

message 29: by Asha (new)

Asha Seth (ashaseth) Of course to start with 'The ALCHEMIST"...then Brida,The Winner stands Alone,The Zahir,Veronika decides to die,Eleven Minutes, these follow the list.

message 30: by Iferdows (new)

Iferdows | 1 comments Aart wrote: "Which Paulo Coelho books you have read? "

Maktub
Full of wisdom and life experiences

message 31: by Rasha (new)

Rasha (Miss_Rochas) | 1 comments I have read The Alchemist

message 32: by Ann (new)

Ann | 1 comments 1. The Alchemist
2. Veronica Decides To Die
3. By the River Piedra I Sat Down and Wept
4. Eleven Minutes
5. The Fifth Mountain
6. The Zahir
7. Warrior of The Light
8. Brida
9. Like The Flowing River

Now reading, Paulo Coelho: A Warrior's Life - The Authorized Biography by Fernando Morais.

Gonna buy The Witch of Portobello next. And absolutely waiting for Aleph in English version to add to my collections!

message 33: by Pike (new)

Pike | 1 comments 1. By the River Piedra I Sat Down and Wept
2. The Alchemist,
3. Warrior of the light,
4. The Zahir,
5. Veronika Decides to Die
6. Eleven Minutes,
7. The Devil and Miss Prym
8. The winner stands alone
9. Life
10. Love
11. The Pilgrimage

Veronica and Eleven minutes were my fave....but I like all others very very much too.....

message 34: by Wiwid (new)

Wiwid (wiwidtheresia) | 2 comments 1. the Alchemist
2. The Zahir
3. The Witch of Portabello
4. the winner stands alone

message 35: by Meseret (new)

Meseret Fikru | 1 comments 1. The Winner Stands Alone
2. The Alchemist
3. Brida - reading

I love his books

message 36: by Marcella (new)

Marcella | 1 comments I started with The Alchemist, which was amazing, then Veronika Decides to Die, Brida, The Zahir and now I'm reading Eleven Minutes. I got many insights from his books. Love them

message 37: by Soha (new)

Soha Mohamed | 1 comments The Alchemist
Brida
The Zahir
The winner stands alone
veronica decides to die
The pilgrimage
eleven minutes
the witch of portabello
The devil and miss prime

message 38: by Roshni (new)

Roshni Jacob (RoshniJ) | 1 comments The Alchemist
The Zahir
Veronika Decides to Die
The Devil and Miss Prym
The Witch of Portobello
The Winner Stands Alone
Eleven Minutes
The Valkyries

message 39: by Chiara (new)

Chiara | 1 comments the alchemist
veronika decides to die
the witch of portobello
eleven minutes
the devil and miss Prym
now I'm reading By the River Piedra I Sat Down and Wept

message 40: by Merve (new)

Merve (mervesirek) | 1 comments the alchemist
veronika decides to die
brida
eleven minutes
the Devil and Miss Prym

my favourite is veronika decides to die...but i liked all.

message 41: by Ima.lotus (last edited Sep 09, 2011 01:41PM) (new)

Ima.lotus (Elzahra2) | 1 comments I read Maktub and enjoyed it very much. I ,recently, bought Le Zahir but can't read it till I finish some of the books I've already started. I read some of the pages in the bookstore and they sounded great.

message 42: by Gelyn (new)

Gelyn Espinosa (angelynespinosa) In Order:
The Alchemist
The Devil and Miss Prymm
Veronika Decides to Die
The Valkyries
Eleven Minutes
Like A Flowing River

and now I am currently reading Brida..

I like the Veronika Decides to Die and The Devil and Miss Prymm. :))

message 43: by Sharon (last edited Sep 20, 2011 07:05AM) (new)

Sharon Cherian | 1 comments i've read 'like the flowing river' it is a bible of the best short stories ..... it was really fun to read it ........ i daily read only one story cause i didn't want it to finish ........ love paulo coelho

message 44: by Manrico (new)

Manrico | 1 comments I'm currently reading my first: "The Zahir".. the insights & reflections it inspires are great!

message 45: by Wiwin (new)

Wiwin Utami | 1 comments The Alchemist is my first. .. :)
- By the River Piedra I Sat Down and Wept
- The Devil and Miss Prymm
- The Zahir
- The Winner Stands Alone
- The Witch of Portobello

And now I'm reading Brida.
Got 'many things' from all of it ... :)

message 46: by Ann (new)

Ann Jacob | 1 comments I have not read many.
The Alchemist was the first book i read of paulo coelho. Planning to read the winner stands alone.

message 47: by Keith (new)

Keith (Germanicus) | 2 comments I've read the Alchemist and absolutely loved it..I'd like to read about his life next before reading his other books because he seems to be so amazing by the way he writes!!!

message 48: by Syntax787 (new)

Syntax787 the alchemist and eleven minutes... both very captivating

message 49: by Nairozeen (new)

Nairozeen Chagani | 1 comments I have read many books of Paula COelho... I just love hi books. I have read:
1.The Alchemist
2.The devil and miss prym
3.Brida
4.Veronika decids to die
5.The zahir
6.The fifth mountain
7.Like the flowing river
8.Warrior of light

message 50: by Rania Abdullah (new)

Rania Abdullah Gandapur (Gandapur) | 1 comments The Alchemist and Brida!

« previous 1 3 4

unread topics | mark unread