Languages & Translation discussion

English > Books on Languages & Translation

Comments (showing 1-3 of 3) (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Andrea (new)

Andrea (ariffo) | 5 comments Mod
This is the place to recommend books on Translation Theory, Languages, Grammar and the like.

message 2: by Parrish (last edited May 13, 2010 01:50PM) (new)

Parrish Lantern All though I mentioned this book in my introduction, I will discuss this here. After Babel by george steiner is a truly fantastic & fascinating book, because of this book I read Paz, Borges, Vygotsky , Nabakov . After Babel give me a compass that pointed to all corners of the world & & like a friendly guide helped me with the grid reference to locate so many treasures.After Babel: Aspects of Language and Translation After Babel  Aspects of Language and Translation by George Steiner

message 3: by surfmadpig (new)

surfmadpig | 1 comments My favorite Translation Studies book is Andrew Chesterman's Memes of Translation  The Spread of Ideas in Translation Theory (Benjamins Translation Library Series, No. 22) by Andrew Chesterman. It's unusually well-written and clear for a humanities scholar and provides an entertaining background on the historical and current trends and memes in translation theory. Chesterman's a genius IMHO.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

After Babel: Aspects of Language and Translation (other topics)
Memes Of Translation: The Spread Of Ideas In Translation Theory (other topics)