The Lost Challenges discussion

Archives 2011 > October - What are you reading?

Comments (showing 19-68)    post a comment »

Cindy (eclecticfirefly) (Eclecticfirefly) | 113 comments The last few books each month ALWAYS get changed....this month was no exception. This is my final list for the month:

The Citadel 10-1
Crimson Moon 10-4
Black Blade Blues 10-6
Shift 10-8
Crux 10-10
Honeyed Words 10-13
Mermaid: A Twist on the Classic Tale 10-19
Autumn 10-17
Belong To The Night 10-21
Brotherhood of Blood 10-23
They Call Me Death 10-25
Promises 10-29
As She's Told 10-30

The Citadel (Pb500, #2) by Kyle Stone Crimson Moon (Crimson Trilogy, #1) by J.A. Saare Black Blade Blues (Sarah Beauhall #1) by J.A. Pitts Shift (Shade, #2) by Jeri Smith-Ready Crux (Southern Arcana, #1) by Moira Rogers Honeyed Words (Sarah Beauhall #2) by J.A. Pitts Mermaid  A Twist on the Classic Tale by Carolyn Turgeon Autumn by David Moody Belong To The Night (The Long Island Coven #2) by Shelly Laurenston Brotherhood of Blood by Bianca D'Arc They Call Me Death by Missy Jane Promises (Coda Books, #1) by Marie Sexton As She's Told by Anneke Jacob

Zakiya the Walking Butterfly (walkingbutterfly) | 700 comments How was The Shattering? The cover looks really cool.

Amy ~Lover of Books~ | 705 comments Finished The Shattering by Karen Healey

Going to read Tunnel Vision by Susan Shaw next.

Zakiya the Walking Butterfly (walkingbutterfly) | 700 comments This week!? Danngggg.. I haven't read that much in a week in a longg time! Gret reading!

Dana (Erato) | 354 comments This week I have read
Transformation (Rai-Kirah, #1) by Carol Berg The Iron Duke (Iron Seas, #1) by Meljean Brook The Darkest Surrender  (Lords of the Underworld, #8) by Gena Showalter Silver Borne (Mercedes Thompson, #5) by Patricia Briggs

All good!

Zakiya the Walking Butterfly (walkingbutterfly) | 700 comments finished The Nine Lives of Chloe King (Nine Lives of Chloe King, #1-3) by Liz Braswell, soo ahmazing! starting Dael and the Painted People (Book 3 in the Zan-Gah Series) by Allan Richard Shickman and still reading Double Helix by Nancy Werlin

Goals status:

Books - 6/6
(so now I'm shooting for 8!)
Pages - 2 290/2 500

Amy ~Lover of Books~ | 705 comments I just started The Shattering by Karen Healey

Zakiya the Walking Butterfly (walkingbutterfly) | 700 comments I'll probably have The Nine Lives of Chloe King (Nine Lives of Chloe King, #1-3) by Liz Braswell done today! Thank goodness :D

Zakiya the Walking Butterfly (walkingbutterfly) | 700 comments Cindy (eclecticfirefly) wrote: "Here is my tentative list for this month:

The Citadel 10-1
Crimson Moon 10-4
Black Blade Blues 10-6
Shift 10-8
Crux 10-10
..."

Great reading!!!! I wish I could get that much done in one month :)

Amy ~Lover of Books~ | 705 comments Dana wrote: "I have too many books to read and I want to read all of them at once! Gah! I need to get a grip...a clue...a life. I sense a trend. Hhhmmmm....

I think it's time to sit down and read [bookcover:Th..."

I've also got a lot to read too with so many checkouts from my library with a few overdue books.

Dawn (Kat N Hat) (KatNHat) | 5850 comments I recommend the best of both worlds... coffee with Kahlua, or cocoa with peppermint schnapps!

Dana (Erato) | 354 comments I have too many books to read and I want to read all of them at once! Gah! I need to get a grip...a clue...a life. I sense a trend. Hhhmmmm....

I think it's time to sit down and read The Darkest Surrender  (Lords of the Underworld, #8) by Gena Showalter tonight. I love me some LOTU!!!!

Should I drink coffee, tea, or cocoa with LOTU? This is more troublesome than the white or red wine question. Perhaps that is the issue...I just need to drink wine! Sweet! :D

message 56: by Cindy (eclecticfirefly) (last edited Nov 01, 2011 07:51PM) (new)

Cindy (eclecticfirefly) (Eclecticfirefly) | 113 comments Here is my tentative list for this month:

The Citadel 10-1
Crimson Moon 10-4
Black Blade Blues 10-6
Shift 10-8
Crux 10-10
Honeyed Words 10-13
Mermaid: A Twist on the Classic Tale 10-19
Autumn 10-17
Belong To The Night 10-21
Brotherhood of Blood 10-23
They Call Me Death
Bad Taste in Boys
Taken by Fire
Strange Candy

Not quite done with Brotherhood of Blood yet, but must finish it tonight cuz I have to mail it out tomorrow.....and it's my book for Bingo!

message 55: by Zakiya (last edited Oct 23, 2011 12:08PM) (new)

Zakiya the Walking Butterfly (walkingbutterfly) | 700 comments finished Space by Emily Sue Harvey, soo good! going to finish The Nine Lives of Chloe King (Nine Lives of Chloe King, #1-3) by Liz Braswell now.

Goals status:

Books - 5/6
Pages - 1 519/2 500

Amy ~Lover of Books~ | 705 comments Finally finished Twisted (Intertwined, #3) by Gena Showalter

Not sure what I will read next.

Zakiya the Walking Butterfly (walkingbutterfly) | 700 comments LOL! I can imagine :) I don't like sugar that much, but I would have indulged them. I love having occasional sugar rushes.

Dawn (Kat N Hat) (KatNHat) | 5850 comments I am the same way off and on reading. I did manage to start a new book last night. Dark Predator (Carpathians, #22) by Christine Feehan. So far it is fairly predictable as far as the series goes. But then again there is something comfortable about predictability.

@ Zakiya, LOL, with the amount sugar my kids used to decorate them sugar was the only thing you were tasting.

Zakiya the Walking Butterfly (walkingbutterfly) | 700 comments Wow. My avergae...I don't even think I have one. Some days I go without reading anything, others I'm stuffing my nose in the book nonstop.

Oooh! What flavor?

Dawn (Kat N Hat) (KatNHat) | 5850 comments Zakiya, you are doing better then me. Four days and I've managed about 100 pages. I usually average 100 pages a day!

But I did get Halloween sugar cookies made today!

Amy ~Lover of Books~ | 705 comments Dawn (Kat N Hat) wrote: "Amy ~Lover of Books~ wrote: "Going to start Twisted (Intertwined, #3) by Gena Showalter soon"

Amy, have you read any of her other books? How does that series compare? I love her lords, but am struggling to get t..."

No, I have not read any other series by her yet. I own the first two books in the Lords series which is signed by her when I met her in person last year. Not sure how the Intertwined series compares with her other series. I suggest rent the first book from the library if your library has it if you aren't sure about a book instead of buying it, that is what I do.

Zakiya the Walking Butterfly (walkingbutterfly) | 700 comments Dawn (Kat N Hat) wrote: "I am having book withdrawals. It is fall break here and I am not getting my free time to read with an extra kid at home during the day. I suspect I am going to fail all my October challenges. Good ..."

It's fall break here, too. I have only gotten two books done. And being that one should've already been done, and the other was fluff, I'm not very happy either.

Dawn (Kat N Hat) (KatNHat) | 5850 comments Amy ~Lover of Books~ wrote: "Going to start Twisted (Intertwined, #3) by Gena Showalter soon"

Amy, have you read any of her other books? How does that series compare? I love her lords, but am struggling to get through the first Atlantis. I am hesitant to start something else of hers.

Dawn (Kat N Hat) (KatNHat) | 5850 comments I am having book withdrawals. It is fall break here and I am not getting my free time to read with an extra kid at home during the day. I suspect I am going to fail all my October challenges. Good to see others are getting some reading done.

Zakiya the Walking Butterfly (walkingbutterfly) | 700 comments finished Water Bound (Sisters of the Heart, #1) by Christine Feehan, pretty good :D

Goals status:

Books - 4/6
Pages - 1 237/2 500

Amy ~Lover of Books~ | 705 comments Going to start Twisted (Intertwined, #3) by Gena Showalter soon

Amy ~Lover of Books~ | 705 comments Started Vanish (Firelight, #2) by Sophie Jordan last night

message 42: by Zakiya (last edited Oct 17, 2011 09:06AM) (new)

Zakiya the Walking Butterfly (walkingbutterfly) | 700 comments finished The Darkness by Crystal Connor, really good!! starting Space by Emily Sue Harvey, sure it will be really good as well :)

Goals status:

Books - 3/6
Pages - 794/2 500

Cindy (eclecticfirefly) (Eclecticfirefly) | 113 comments I found it! My angel book..... Angel Lust  An Erotic Novel of Time Travel by Perry Brass.....sigh....I'm happy now!

message 40: by ❥☪LIZZ NEILL☪❥, Challenge Addticted (new)

❥☪LIZZ NEILL☪❥ | 2988 comments Mod
Cindy (eclecticfirefly) wrote: "I'm reading Autumn now. About halfway thru and the tension is mounting......wonder if I'll have to sleep with the lights on tonight?

Next, I need to decide on an Angels book. I ha..."

I'm reading Vampire Mine of rmy angel book

Dana (Erato) | 354 comments The Mercy Thompson series just gets better with every book! I'm reading Bone Crossed (Mercedes Thompson, #4) by Patricia Briggs right now and it is great.

Cindy (eclecticfirefly) (Eclecticfirefly) | 113 comments I'm reading Autumn now. About halfway thru and the tension is mounting......wonder if I'll have to sleep with the lights on tonight?

Next, I need to decide on an Angels book. I have several to choose from, but the one I want to read I'm having trouble finding.....of course!

Amy ~Lover of Books~ | 705 comments ❥☪LIZZ NEILL☪❥ wrote: "Amy ~Lover of Books~ wrote: "❥☪LIZZ NEILL☪❥ wrote: "Amy ~Lover of Books~ wrote: "❥☪LIZZ NEILL☪❥ wrote: "Amy ~Lover of Books~ wrote: "❥☪LIZZ NEILL☪❥ wrote: "Was the first book good Amy?"

I really l..."

Yeah. I finished the book after I got home from seeing my grandma and a few of my relatives who I haven't seen in so long. I've started reading Dreamland (Riley Bloom, #3) by Alyson Noel last night.

message 36: by ❥☪LIZZ NEILL☪❥, Challenge Addticted (new)

Amy ~Lover of Books~ wrote: "❥☪LIZZ NEILL☪❥ wrote: "Amy ~Lover of Books~ wrote: "❥☪LIZZ NEILL☪❥ wrote: "Amy ~Lover of Books~ wrote: "❥☪LIZZ NEILL☪❥ wrote: "Was the first book good Amy?"

I really liked the first book and rated..."

That sucks

Amy ~Lover of Books~ | 705 comments ❥☪LIZZ NEILL☪❥ wrote: "Amy ~Lover of Books~ wrote: "❥☪LIZZ NEILL☪❥ wrote: "Amy ~Lover of Books~ wrote: "❥☪LIZZ NEILL☪❥ wrote: "Was the first book good Amy?"

I really liked the first book and rated it 4 stars. The first ..."

I really liked book 1, but book 2, I'm not liking it as much as book 1.

message 34: by ❥☪LIZZ NEILL☪❥, Challenge Addticted (new)

Amy ~Lover of Books~ wrote: "❥☪LIZZ NEILL☪❥ wrote: "Amy ~Lover of Books~ wrote: "❥☪LIZZ NEILL☪❥ wrote: "Was the first book good Amy?"

I really liked the first book and rated it 4 stars. The first book was about a girl who is ..."

Yeah my library has it

Dawn (Kat N Hat) (KatNHat) | 5850 comments MMMMM Finished, The Darkest Surrender  (Lords of the Underworld, #8) by Gena Showalter. It was great. The main story was good and there were some other points of view in there to set up future books. Ahhhhh, January won't be here soon enough to get Paris's story.

Dana don't deny the kindle or the Stridey Monster!

Amy ~Lover of Books~ | 705 comments ❥☪LIZZ NEILL☪❥ wrote: "Amy ~Lover of Books~ wrote: "❥☪LIZZ NEILL☪❥ wrote: "Was the first book good Amy?"

I really liked the first book and rated it 4 stars. The first book was about a girl who is a shapeshifter. Book tw..."

I say borrow it from the library if your library carries it.

message 31: by ❥☪LIZZ NEILL☪❥, Challenge Addticted (new)

Dawn (Kat N Hat) wrote: "❥☪LIZZ NEILL☪❥ wrote: "I still have to read the 2nd book in LOFTU but I haven't been in the mood to pick up the series again"

The second one was my favorite in the whole series."

I starting the 2nd one last month then I put it down cause I wasn't really in the mood but I was liking it. So hopefully I will get in the bood for some LOFTU here soon.

message 30: by ❥☪LIZZ NEILL☪❥, Challenge Addticted (new)

Amy ~Lover of Books~ wrote: "❥☪LIZZ NEILL☪❥ wrote: "Was the first book good Amy?"

I really liked the first book and rated it 4 stars. The first book was about a girl who is a shapeshifter. Book two is about a guy who is battl..."

You didn't confused me. Its this series worth buying?

Dana (Erato) | 354 comments Dawn (Kat N Hat) wrote: "The library finally got The Darkest Surrender  (Lords of the Underworld, #8) by Gena Showalter, I may have done a happy dance in the parking lot. I am already halfway through. I really wish this series had 800 page books."

Gah! I have been waiting for this for so long that I forgot it had finally been published!

Hold on a minute......

OK, there. I own it now. Yeeaaaaahhhhhh Kindle! I have too many things to read this month and now my Kindle is whispering sexy Strider talk at me. (My Kindle is an icorrigible flirt!) Bad Kindle! Shhh!

Amy ~Lover of Books~ | 705 comments ❥☪LIZZ NEILL☪❥ wrote: "Was the first book good Amy?"

I really liked the first book and rated it 4 stars. The first book was about a girl who is a shapeshifter. Book two is about a guy who is battling the beast from within after him and his brother was attacked and bitten by a werewolf. I really don't know if book 1 ties in with book 2 because the main characters are different and I can't remember if the main character in book 2 was in book 1 when he got bitten like his brother. Book 3 is coming out next year called Foxfire and it is going to focus on another character who I'm not sure we were introduced to in book 1. I hope I didn't confuse you when I was trying to explain that whole thing.

Dawn (Kat N Hat) (KatNHat) | 5850 comments ❥☪LIZZ NEILL☪❥ wrote: "I still have to read the 2nd book in LOFTU but I haven't been in the mood to pick up the series again"

The second one was my favorite in the whole series.

message 26: by ❥☪LIZZ NEILL☪❥, Challenge Addticted (new)

Was the first book good Amy?

message 24: by ❥☪LIZZ NEILL☪❥, Challenge Addticted (new)

I still have to read the 2nd book in LOFTU but I haven't been in the mood to pick up the series again

Dawn (Kat N Hat) (KatNHat) | 5850 comments The library finally got The Darkest Surrender  (Lords of the Underworld, #8) by Gena Showalter, I may have done a happy dance in the parking lot. I am already halfway through. I really wish this series had 800 page books.

message 22: by ❥☪LIZZ NEILL☪❥, Challenge Addticted (new)

i'm reading Witches of East End (The Beauchamp Family, #1) by Melissa de la Cruz Dragon Heat (Dragon, #1) by Allyson James The Devouring (The Devouring, #1) by Simon Holt

Amy ~Lover of Books~ | 705 comments Kristen wrote: "Amy ~Lover of Books~ wrote: "couldn't get into Ready Player One by Ernest Cline

I'm now reading The Power of Six (Lorien Legacies, #2) by Pittacus Lore"

I LUUUVVVVVVEDDDDDD Ready Player One!"

I think it may have been the wrong time to read Ready Player One so I might try again another time.

Kristen  (yogamamareads) | 42 comments Amy ~Lover of Books~ wrote: "couldn't get into Ready Player One by Ernest Cline

I'm now reading The Power of Six (Lorien Legacies, #2) by Pittacus Lore"

I LUUUVVVVVVEDDDDDD Ready Player One!

Kristen  (yogamamareads) | 42 comments I've got a few "express" books from the library...so I've got to read fast.

I'm enjoying: Daughter of Smoke and Bone (Daughter of Smoke and Bone, #1) by Laini Taylor

I've got The Power of Six (Lorien Legacies, #2) by Pittacus Lore waiting for me, too.

« previous 1
unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Wildefire (other topics)
Eldest (other topics)
All You Desire (other topics)
This Dark Endeavor (other topics)
Warrior (other topics)
More...