Next Gen- Academy for heroes discussion

The Valley > The Gardens

Comments (showing 1-50 of 146) (146 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Thera, Et iratus, fratrem? (last edited Sep 28, 2011 04:21PM) (new)

Thera (therjolras) | 3946 comments Mod
Located behind the mansion

Sitting slightly between the mansion and the garage with a prime view from the sitting room, the gardens are a network of flower beds, shrubs, and small trees acsessed by a network of cobblestone paths. Park benches are seated in stratiegic places, and in the center of the garden sits a stone fountain surrounded by stone seats for socializing, relaxing, or studying.

message 2: by Rudy, I am told my voice looks green (new)

Rudy | 2113 comments Mod
He sat on the edge of the fountain, his fingers slowly dragging through the water as he stared into the sky. Clouds were slowly rolling in the direction of the school, with any luck it would be foggy tonight. Jonathan loved the fog for some odd reason. But otherwise, it was a nice day. A cloud filtered the suns rays, still distributing the light.

▕ ▋ ♛ ▍Marisa  (VergeOfInsanity) Cristina drew an X on a stone tile on the ground, "Do you dare me to blow it up?" she asked Jonathan

message 4: by Rudy, I am told my voice looks green (new)

Rudy | 2113 comments Mod
He turned to her. The girl must be new, he had never seen her before. "What?" Obviously she could blow things up, but it seemed like a good idea to learn her power, and preferably her weakness.

▕ ▋ ♛ ▍Marisa  (VergeOfInsanity) "Do you want me to blow this tile up?"

message 6: by Rudy, I am told my voice looks green (new)

Rudy | 2113 comments Mod
"No, I heard you. But it doesn't look like you have any C4 with you. How are you going to blow it up?" He knew she could, but prodding and asking did have it's benefits. He slid away for the tile, subtle movements making he action hard to notice.

▕ ▋ ♛ ▍Marisa  (VergeOfInsanity) "Like this." She said and snapped her fingers. The stone grew bright red and the inside of the stone exploded leaving the outline to crumble to dust.

message 8: by Rudy, I am told my voice looks green (new)

Rudy | 2113 comments Mod
It took him a second to realize he should act surprised. But by then, it would have just looked weird to react negatively. So he decided to go a different route. "Awesome! Is that your power? You can blow things up? Thats beyond cool?" He hated acting over enthusiastic, but if it got him his information then it was fine.

▕ ▋ ♛ ▍Marisa  (VergeOfInsanity) "You seem dishonest."

message 10: by Rudy, I am told my voice looks green (new)

Rudy | 2113 comments Mod
((o.0 She's good.))

"Now why would you say that?" His brow furrowed. Evidently she was good at reading people. Best play offended. "What did I do?"

▕ ▋ ♛ ▍Marisa  (VergeOfInsanity) "First. What's your power?"

message 12: by Rudy, I am told my voice looks green (new)

Rudy | 2113 comments Mod
"I can make a sword and shield. Why?" He hated giving away info, but he had to make her calm again if he was going to make any progress.

▕ ▋ ♛ ▍Marisa  (VergeOfInsanity) "Do you have a weakness?" she asked ((Sorry I disappeared and I probably will again))

message 14: by Rudy, I am told my voice looks green (new)

Rudy | 2113 comments Mod
((NP. I kinda did too))

"Why the hell do you need to know?" He asked indignantly. "I didn't come here to get the third degree. I told you my power. And yet you accuse me of being dishonest without giving a reason then proceed to prod me, asking about my powers and weaknesses." Guilt tripping her might work. It was worth a shot.

▕ ▋ ♛ ▍Marisa  (VergeOfInsanity) "I'll leave you alone if you can figure out my weakness. You have three tries. If you fail, however, you have to tell me your weakness. Fair?"

message 16: by Rudy, I am told my voice looks green (new)

Rudy | 2113 comments Mod
"No. I have no intrest in such a game, especially one so obviously biased in your favor." At this point all he could do was damage control.

▕ ▋ ♛ ▍Marisa  (VergeOfInsanity) "10 tries? That seem fair and I'll give you a hint." She said

message 18: by Rudy, I am told my voice looks green (new)

Rudy | 2113 comments Mod
That was much more reasonable. In fact, a steal for him. "Fine, if you insist." Learning her weakness would help a lot. And since she didn't seem like a truth-forcer, he couldn't lose. "What's the hint?"

▕ ▋ ♛ ▍Marisa  (VergeOfInsanity) "It's a color."

message 20: by Rudy, I am told my voice looks green (new)

Rudy | 2113 comments Mod
"Red, Orange, Yellow, Blue, Indigo, Violet, Green, Black, or White. I'm fairly certain its one of them." It was a sure guess. All 10 guesses, but he got the colors of the rainbow and both solids. No way in hell he was going to get it wrong.

▕ ▋ ♛ ▍Marisa  (VergeOfInsanity) "Which one? And you forgot teal."

message 22: by Rudy, I am told my voice looks green (new)

Rudy | 2113 comments Mod
"Teal isn't a color of the rainbow. But my first guess is Red, then Orange, then Yellow, etc. I get ten guesses, remember?"

▕ ▋ ♛ ▍Marisa  (VergeOfInsanity) "You guessed nine... And if my X's are black why would it be my weakness? You should test each one or I won't tell you."

message 24: by Rudy, I am told my voice looks green (new)

Rudy | 2113 comments Mod
"Test each one? What do you mean? And my mistake about guessing nine, I'll have grey as my last." This was growing tiresome. But it was for a good cost.

▕ ▋ ♛ ▍Marisa  (VergeOfInsanity) "Just throw a price of paper in each color at me. Which ever one paralyzed me is my weakness."

message 26: by Rudy, I am told my voice looks green (new)

Rudy | 2113 comments Mod
"Its not like I'm a freaking arts and crafts store," he exploded. His patience was wearing thin. But he wasn't going to quit now, though he was tempted to slit her throat while she was paralyzed. Best not let that show, however. He took a deep breath and looked apologetic. "Sorry, I'm just a little on edge. I got no sleep last night and this is kinda getting old, and fast. The deal was me guessing your power, not figuring it out by trial and error."

▕ ▋ ♛ ▍Marisa  (VergeOfInsanity) "I said if you could figure it out not guess it."

message 28: by Rudy, I am told my voice looks green (new)

Rudy | 2113 comments Mod
He ruffled through his pockets, finding a small ball of white pocket lint. He chucked it at her. Where the hell was he going to get the other 9 colors?

▕ ▋ ♛ ▍Marisa  (VergeOfInsanity) She swatted the lint away but as soon as the white lint made contact with her skin she froze. She cursed mentally.

message 30: by Rudy, I am told my voice looks green (new)

Rudy | 2113 comments Mod
His eyes flickered as he debated pushing her into the fountain. No one would assume she was murdered, mearly that she fell in and touched the white tiles. But he had already drawn suspicion from the pyrokenetic and it would be a bad idea. But little was stopping him from leaving her. "Bye, whoever-you-are, I have other things to attend to."

▕ ▋ ♛ ▍Marisa  (VergeOfInsanity) After a while she could move again and she wrote an entry in her diary and stuck it on a rose bush

message 32: by Thera, Et iratus, fratrem? (new)

Tyson walked through the garden, silence his only wish. His hands in his pockets, his eyes directed towards the ground, and all in black, he looked like the average emo out for a stroll. But there was more on his mind than just 'life sucks'.

message 33: by Hope (new)

Hope And she was sitting on the bench, her wild red hair lifted gently by the breeze. Delicate pink lips puckered into a frown as, from a distance, another's form came into her sight. The black cloud that enveloped him, moving as he moved like stretchy elastic, quickly told her who it was. "Tyson!" she called out, raising a hand to wave. "What's up?"

message 34: by Thera, Et iratus, fratrem? (new)

Hope wrote: "And she was sitting on the bench, her wild red hair lifted gently by the breeze. Delicate pink lips puckered into a frown as, from a distance, another's form came into her sight. The black cloud th..."

"Wha- yeah," Tyson muttered. The redhead again, and just when he needed his space.

message 35: by Hope (new)

Hope "Hey, what's wrong?" Traces of pale red were seeping into the blackness of Tyson's emotion cloud. Irritation. Luna's frown deepened and she stood up as he continued forward, brushing a stay curl off her face.

message 36: by Thera, Et iratus, fratrem? (new)

"Tired," came the brief reply as Tyson shrugged.

message 37: by Hope (new)

Hope "Huh." Luna sat down again, patting the space next to her. "I'm not an idiot, Tyson," she said. "There's more to it than that. So start talking or you'll never be rid of me."

message 38: by Thera, Et iratus, fratrem? (new)

"Rid of you I can be easy. After all, chasing of an annoying empath is nothing after murder, right?" Tyson growled, sitting down.

message 39: by Hope (new)

Hope "Murder," Luna repeated. She frowned at him, not sure if he was pulling her leg or not. "So what happened? Who'd you kill? Why?"

message 40: by Thera, Et iratus, fratrem? (new)

"Push off," Tyson muttered under his breath before sighing. "I killed my parents. By accident. The day I found out about my powers."

message 41: by Hope (new)

Hope "You push off," she snapped back, annoyed with his melencholy attitude. "So why's the deed haunting you now?" she asked after a second, refering to his second statement. "Or is this severe depression normal for you?"

message 42: by Thera, Et iratus, fratrem? (new)

"It's been haunting me ever since the night it happened," Tyson said, getting up. "Every night, it shows up in my dreams. My mother screaming. Shadows rippling and peeling their two-dimensional selves away from surfaces. And a purple light filling my vision until it all goes dark."

message 43: by Hope (last edited Oct 22, 2011 06:40PM) (new)

Hope "Hmm." Luna nodded, not really understanding but feeling she could at least offer a little bit of comfort. Reading the guilt and anger that flowed off him in waves, she spoke. "Have you tried forgiving yourself?"

message 44: by Thera, Et iratus, fratrem? (new)

"Working on that," came the dry reply. "It's the nightmares that get me. Moses roomed with me for a while, and he told me I screamed in my sleep."

message 45: by Hope (new)

Hope "Keep telling yourself it isn't your fault," said the redhead by way of a reply. "You brain will get the message. Keep a positive attitude during the day, distract yourself with stupid pep talks, and the nightmares will go away. Not all at once, but they'll start getting less and less frequent and then disappear altogether."

message 46: by Thera, Et iratus, fratrem? (new)

"Stupid pep talks?" A hint of a smile flashed across Tyson's face for a split-second.

message 47: by Hope (last edited Oct 22, 2011 06:46PM) (new)

Hope "That's right," said Luna. "You gotta be all like, 'Hey, self! You're amazing, you know that? People care about you. And you know what? Any doubts you got need to go flying out the window, 'cause you're awesome.' It always works for me."

message 48: by Thera, Et iratus, fratrem? (new)

"Stupid pep talks are for freshmeat," Tyson replied. "But I'll do something."

message 49: by Hope (new)

Hope "Good. Because I'm tired of looking at a black cloud whenever I see you," said Luna. "I need some color in my life, boy."

message 50: by Thera, Et iratus, fratrem? (new)

"Black clouds are me anyway, you know?" Tyson created a black shadow in his hands. "It's just me."

« previous 1 3

unread topics | mark unread