Hunger Games Trilogy discussion

The Hunger Games Books > The Hunger Games being placed number 5 on Banned Books!

Comments (showing 1-50 of 144) (144 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

Lea (Peeta's #1 Fangirl!) (3teofilea3) | 627 comments The Hunger Games was number 5 on the banned book list!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I disagree with the following statement:"As you can see, The Hunger Games was challenged for being unsuited to the age group, sexually explicit and too violent."

message 2: by Sharyl (new)

Sharyl It was NOT sexually explicit.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

I liked the gore, it was awesome, one of my favourite things about it. It was ever so refreshing.
Are you sure they got the name of the book right when they said that?? It doesn't sound like it fits THG quite right. What about everything else in it??
Why do people only ever comment on bad things and forget the good things?? Everyone's a pessimist these days. For goodness sake, cheer up and learn how to smile, you'll leave longer *rolls eyes*

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

it isn't
the only thing that i can think they mean by that is medical stuff, e.g. when Katniss finds Peeta in the 74th Games
and if they think that's sexually explicit then i dread what they could think some of the fan fics are like, for instance, Scars.
I don't mind admitting it, I'm amazed I managed to get through that chapter without turning beetroot :s

Lea (Peeta's #1 Fangirl!) (3teofilea3) | 627 comments I think the people who wanted to ban it didn't read the book. They probably just heard about the idea (which was violent) and well it really isn't like too violent, it's just enough so you can get an idea of what it really was like.

message 6: by Sophie710 (new)

Sophie710 | 211 comments The most they do is kiss...critics are too harsh

message 7: by Sophie710 (new)

Sophie710 | 211 comments I agree, these critics DID NOT READ THE FREAKING BOOK

HungerGamesAddict (ach45) | 437 comments Read The Clique and Gossip Girl then tell me the Hunger Games os sexually explicit.

message 9: by Darlene (new)

Darlene Sexually explicit?
The Hunger Games?
Obviously they didn't read the book. Makes them look kinda dumb.

HungerGamesAddict (ach45) | 437 comments Ik right talk about awkward

Lea (Peeta's #1 Fangirl!) (3teofilea3) | 627 comments Okay..What???

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

The fact that this.book is banned makes me.loose hope in the adults in my life. What sad cruel world we live.in.

Lea (Peeta's #1 Fangirl!) (3teofilea3) | 627 comments that just made me sad :(

message 15: by Shay (new)

Shay if they think that is sexually explicit then they need to read The House of Night series!

message 16: by Rachel (last edited Oct 08, 2011 10:45AM) (new)

Rachel (hungergamesaddict321) | 28 comments Thats just stupid. OMG!! That makes me mad! >:-p The critics are always stupid though.

message 17: by Sophie710 (new)

Sophie710 | 211 comments This list is probably for kids-young teens. I'm surprised Game of Thrones isn't on this list, but then maybe these critics think teens wouldn't read it.
Guess what? I just proved them wrong, ha!
Anyway, HG? How are they banned?

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

Sophie710 wrote: "This list is probably for kids-young teens. I'm surprised Game of Thrones isn't on this list, but then maybe these critics think teens wouldn't read it.
Guess what? I just proved them wrong, ha..."

I guess cuz of the violence...

message 19: by Sophie710 (new)

Sophie710 | 211 comments I just looked up the banned book list. THG is on it. A Game of Thrones is not. Make any sense? "Sexually explicit"? That should be describing Game of Thrones (which, btw, is awesome...)ttyl is also on that list. ?!?

message 20: by Sophie710 (new)

Sophie710 | 211 comments No Ellen Hopkins are on that list either.

Lea (Peeta's #1 Fangirl!) (3teofilea3) | 627 comments haha..wait really??

message 23: by Sophie710 (new)

Sophie710 | 211 comments thats ridiculous....all they did was "nap in the same sleeping bag, but just to stay warm".
Anyone read Game of Thrones? If you did, you'd be wondering where THOSE are on that list. Are those critics mental or something?

message 24: by Shay (new)

Shay yes they are!

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

I know, right?

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

Okay now, no one hates twilight more than me, but ii think we have all been brainwashed by the movie and.our peers. The twilight books were actually good, okay? Then the movie came along and ruined it for everyone. Now this.doesnt mean that i even touch the books anymore, but lets respect them. Twilight is not THAT explicet, and.ita only the last book, and then it doesnt even go into too much detail.

Okay someone kill me now i.juat defended twilight.

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

Hehe, thanks. Whats your.new pic of?

message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

THATS EFFIN AWESOME! Hehe, i need one of finnick!

message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

Cool thanks. You have a.tumblr?

message 31: by [deleted user] (new)

Aww sad.... i have a tumblr!

Http://www.dumbblondechick.tumblr.com

message 32: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa | 7 comments whatever, i still like Hunger Games trilogy, one of my favorites.
there are a lot of good books that they banned: Harry Potter, The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn, To Kill a Mockingbird, Bridge to Terabithia, The Lord of the Rings... but people still read these books. for me, it's just their opinion, hehe >:)

Lea (Peeta's #1 Fangirl!) (3teofilea3) | 627 comments *Ella* wrote: "Nope."
I have to say I LOVEEEE your picture! When I saw it, I just smiled at it's overwhelming cuteness! It just erggg it is SOOOO cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

message 34: by [deleted user] (new)

Lol ikr! Anyway, if all those other books have.been banned this is clearly some kind of retarded list that should be paid no attention.

Though it does feel good to own three banned.books :)

message 35: by Shay (new)

Shay We're doing the Hunger Games as a novel study for Language Arts!!!

message 36: by [deleted user] (new)

See no one even pays attention to the list, so its not too big.

I wore my THG shirt in to school on character/icon day, and my language arts teacher said "oh where'd you get that that's cool!" I feel awesome and like a nerd at the same time c:

message 37: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa | 7 comments i want to have THG shirt too! :( haha. and mockingjay pendant!

message 38: by [deleted user] (new)

I want to order a shirt that says "Cinna told me to wear this" on it, but my paranoid parents said no ordering things online...

Lea (Peeta's #1 Fangirl!) (3teofilea3) | 627 comments haha...That was a good idea!

Lea (Peeta's #1 Fangirl!) (3teofilea3) | 627 comments your welcome!

message 41: by [deleted user] (new)

Wait a minute.

The Hunger Games placed FIVE on banned books?! For being sexually explicit? Those paranoid parents should go read
1. Twilight
2. Shiver
3. Hush, Hush
And they have the nerve to call THE HUNGER GAMES sexually explicit?

Lea (Peeta's #1 Fangirl!) (3teofilea3) | 627 comments hmmm..yeah..I have no idea what book THEY read!

message 43: by [deleted user] (new)

"Hey, kids! Let's go read And Tango Makes Three!"
-My librarian, who is freaking awesome

She has a banned books week party, where everyone brings books that were banned at some point or another and we have a big read-fest. Haha I'm such a book nerd...

message 44: by [deleted user] (new)

And I always bring The Hunger Games. ;)

Lea (Peeta's #1 Fangirl!) (3teofilea3) | 627 comments YEA! THG is the ONE SINGLE book that DEFINITELY should not be banned..Oh, and HP, but that's another story! and that party thing is AWESOME!

message 46: by [deleted user] (new)

We all (meaning book nerds) love Mrs. Brisbane. She's not all studiousish. And she's really nice.

Lea (Peeta's #1 Fangirl!) (3teofilea3) | 627 comments I made one!

message 48: by [deleted user] (new)

Made one?

Lea (Peeta's #1 Fangirl!) (3teofilea3) | 627 comments well..I didn't sew..I just used a squeezey paint thingy...oh! Shirt paint, I think. I can write nice swirly letters, so it only took 2 minutes. (it's for my costume,but I'll wear it for regular stuff too)

message 50: by [deleted user] (new)

Nice. I'm being a spider countessy witchy thing. It looks cooler than it sounds, because I'm going totally overboard with the makeup. Basically turning my face white, putting in Mom's purple contacts (don't ask), making my lips bloodred and putting on enough eyeliner to blind me. It looks awesome.

« previous 1 3

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

A Game of Thrones (other topics)
ttyl (other topics)
Story of a Girl (other topics)