The Challenge Factory discussion

♦TCFactory Breakroom♦ > What are your favorites?

Comments (showing 1-26 of 26) (26 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by ~Jennifer~, Sadly Missed (last edited Mar 28, 2012 05:27PM) (new)

~Jennifer~ (Book_Addiction) | 1039 comments Mod
What are your favorite books? Which ones can you re-read a dozen times and never get tired of them? Let us know! We want to read them, too. ☻

message 2: by ~Jennifer~, Sadly Missed (new)

It probably helps that I unfroze it? Hehe. Oops. ;)

Morgan (morgzsydney) | 13 comments There are so many. For now I will just say I adored.

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Millennium, #1) by Stieg Larsson

That trilogy was excellent. Lots of plot twists, unique characters, interesting mysteries. Fabulous.

And it starred Lisbeth Salander. Favorite lit character of all time. Vulnerable yet femme fatale all in one chick.

message 4: by ~Jennifer~, Sadly Missed (new)

New favorite! The Knife of Never Letting Go (Chaos Walking, #1) by Patrick Ness

message 5: by Deborah (last edited May 02, 2012 11:09PM) (new)

Deborah Books that I read over and over. I have many favorite books, but for multiple rereads I end up reading favorite youngish adult books. I pick them up again and a few hours end up going by...I enjoy the humor.

The Pinhoe Egg  (Chrestomanci, #6) by Diana Wynne Jones. Though you really should know the Chant family from Charmed Life first to really get some of the humor.

Howliday Inn (Bunnicula, #2) by James Howe Ah Chester you really are intelligent and insane.

Lilac I love to re-read all the Harry Potter books, especially the first and last because I changed so much between reading those 2 books the first time round. I have other favourites too but I only ever re read the first or last chapter of them.

message 8: by Audrey (last edited Jul 16, 2012 07:52PM) (new)

Audrey (mormorau) | 82 comments tie between Outlander (Outlander, #1) by Diana Gabaldon and After You'd Gone by Maggie O'Farrell

Katejay | 2 comments There are so many. But you know what, as a kid I fell in love with the wind in the willows and there is something nostalgic about picking it up. The author has such beautiful description, never tire of it.

Monica (nutz4reading) | 139 comments There is one book I love and have re-read it many times.

The book is The Outsiders. I also enjoy re-reading the Harry Potter books too.

message 11: by Denise, Mellow Yellow (last edited Aug 06, 2012 03:10PM) (new)

Denise (destiny_chan) | 1055 comments Mod
Too many to mention. :D

I love absolutely everything Lynn Flewelling, Banana Yoshimoto, Diana Gabaldon and Oscar Wilde have ever written; I'm also a big fan of Anne Rice's Vampire Chronicles, the A Song of Ice and Fire series, the Harry Potter series, the Havemercy series, the Mistborn series, the Hunger Games trilogy, several of Jane Austen's works and numerous other books. (Yes, I'm a book addict, why do you ask? :P)

message 12: by Vicky (last edited Aug 07, 2012 10:50AM) (new)

Vicky (vnorthw) | 232 comments I don't have too many books that I've re-read often, but some of my highly recommended favorites are:

Outlander, Gods Behaving Badly and The Sparrow. If you have young kids, Catwings is one of my favorite books from my childhood.

I love Ender's Game, the rest of the Ender series and the Shadow series. Pretty much anything by Orson Scott Card is good times in my book.

I could go on, but I won't. :P

message 13: by Shellbelle , Sadly Missed (last edited Aug 07, 2012 06:28PM) (new)

Shellbelle  | 459 comments Mod
I love re-reading most of Jude Deveraux historical romances...she was the first adult romance writer I ever read and I LOVE her books a few of my favorites are

A Knight in Shining Armor (Montgomery, #16) by Jude Deveraux The Velvet Promise (Montgomery #2) by Jude Deveraux Highland Velvet (Montgomery, #3) by Jude Deveraux Velvet Angel (Montgomery, #5) by Jude Deveraux Velvet Song (Montgomery, #4) by Jude Deveraux The Taming (Peregrine, #1) by Jude Deveraux Eternity (Montgomery #9) by Jude Deveraux

message 14: by Jenne , Umber Madness (new)

Jenne  (JennetheInstigator) | 4244 comments Mod
Since joining GR I don't re-read anymore (I use to often). Too many good books waiting to be read Lol.

message 15: by Shellbelle , Sadly Missed (new)

Shellbelle  | 459 comments Mod
Jenne wrote: "Since joining GR I don't re-read anymore (I use to often). Too many good books waiting to be read Lol."

Ditto! I used to do re-reads like once a year for my favorites but now I can't even get through my TBR list at all!!! I LOVE GoodREads :)

Book Concierge (TessaBookConcierge) | 656 comments Since the tbr grows faster than I can read, I try not to re-read, but there are a few exceptions:

To Kill a Mockingbird - Harper Lee
I've read this about 20 times since I first read it as a freshman in high school (back when it was a new book!).

A Christmas Memory - Truman Capote
This short story / novella just touches my heart. The writing is glorious and I re-read it every year on my birthday (I'm a December baby).

Oh, the Places You'll Go! - Dr Seuss
I re-read this any time I feel "stuck" on life's journey. Just inspires me.

Marla | 358 comments Vicky wrote: "I don't have too many books that I've re-read often, but some of my highly recommended favorites are:

Outlander, Gods Behaving Badly and The Sparrow. If you have young kids, Catwings is one of my ..."

As a rule, I rarely re-read books, because there are so many books and so little time.

Ender's Game is also one of my favorites and one of the few books that I have re-read.

Memoirs of a Geisha by Arthur Golden is also one of my all-time favorites.

Adele Symonds (adelesymonds) | 56 comments Morgan wrote: "There are so many. For now I will just say I adored.

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Millennium, #1) by Stieg Larsson

That trilogy was excellent. Lots of plot twists, unique characters, interesting mysteries...."

I have read the first two books of this trilogy and loved them, I recently watched the dvd of the first book which was also awesome.

message 20: by J. (last edited Jun 06, 2013 01:07AM) (new)

J. (AdorkableBookworm) | 2 comments I love the Stephanie Plum series by Janet Evanovich. They are quick fun reads. Janet Evanovich. My all time favorite that I have re-read quite a few times would be the fever series by Karen Marie Moning. Karen Marie Moning. . I am so addicted to this series it is ridiculous. I can't wait for January 2014 for the newest book. The Fever Series 5-Book Bundle  Darkfever, Bloodfever, Faefever, Dreamfever, Shadowfever by Karen Marie Moning One For The Money (Stephanie Plum, #1) by Janet Evanovich

Jex (Jexball) I just obtained One For The Money through a book swap. Glad to hear it's so good :-)

❤Stephanie ღ♥ღMrs Styxx Anaxkolasiღ♥ღ | 227 comments Immortals after Dark series by Kresley Cole, i love them so much that i keep rereading them sometimes not even in order and within months of the last times they were read, my favourite book from the series is Demon from the Dark (Immortals After Dark, #10) by Kresley Cole

Megs Mlutz | 2 comments any jeffery deaver books... i could read them a hundred times

Marla | 358 comments Megs wrote: "any jeffery deaver books... i could read them a hundred times"

I LOVE the character of Lincoln Rhyme and Amelia Sachs, but I usually listen to Deaver's books, because I don't love his writing style. I like his Kathryn Dance books too.

message 25: by Naynay (last edited Apr 16, 2014 09:10AM) (new)

Naynay | 2 comments New favorite. I think he is a brand new author. Haunting, yet emotionally captivating. What a great debut. First Night of Summer First Night of Summer by Landon ParhamA book I am trying to get all my friends to read...

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

Oh my gosh! Ever since I read this book only about a year and a half ago, it has been my all time favortite!
To Kill a Mockingbird is a completely heart-wrenching story!

Also, one that I've loved ever since I can remember is Cinderella. One of the first stories ever read to me!