Insomnia Book Club discussion

Nightshade (Nightshade, #1)
This topic is about Nightshade
Books of the Month > Nightshade By Andrea Cemer

Comments (showing 1-20 of 20) (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Amaya, Bookworm (new)

Amaya | 881 comments Mod
What did you think of this book? It doesn't seem to fall straight into the spooky theme for October, but it does fall into a cliche spooky creature category (wolves).

Chelsey (bellsbeautifulbooks) Yay! I'm so excited! I actually brought this book with me to my new place. Sweet.
I haven't read it yet, so I'm really excited to. I got the book for free at Comic-Con this year and met Andrea Cremer and she signed it! It's funny because I didn't know anything about her beforehand. I didn't realize she's such a huge part of the YA genre right now.

message 3: by Amaya, Bookworm (new)

Amaya | 881 comments Mod
Awesome! I've never met an author before, what was it like? I've been wanting to read this book but just haven't yet. Didn't realize she was huge in the YA genre at the moment either. Another book I came across that reminded me of this one for whatever reason was Arctic Winds, though it's not YA genre.

Chelsey (bellsbeautifulbooks) When I met her, I didn't really know who she was and there are a ton of authors at Comic-Con (I picked up six free books, most of them signed), so it wasn't really special to me. I wish I had known who she was then because I would've gotten a picture! I think she's pretty big right now. I have an email subscription to a few YA websites she's featured on them regularly. But I did meet the author of this awesome graphic novel The Saga of Rex (really cute!) and though I'd never read a graphic novel before it was still really cool to meet him and he even drew a little picture of Rex with his signature.

message 5: by Amaya, Bookworm (new)

Amaya | 881 comments Mod
I've never been to a Comic-Con before, but it sounds like fun. I haven't read of The Saga of Rex, though I've read a couple graphic novels before. One of them being Blood the Last Vampire. That's really neat that he drew a picture for you, definitely something to hold on to.

Chelsey (bellsbeautifulbooks) If you ever have a chance to go, go! It's seriously one of the best experiences ever!

Sorry to everyone else because this has gotten a little, ok a lot, sidetracked!

message 7: by Amaya, Bookworm (new)

Amaya | 881 comments Mod
I'll definitely try to.

Lol, well if anyone has any comments on Nightshade please share XD.

message 8: by Amaya, Bookworm (new)

Amaya | 881 comments Mod
So, I ordered Nightshade only for it to be delivered to the wrong place after all this time O_O. Looks like I'll try ordering it once more, and if I still don't get it I might forgo reading it for this month.

message 9: by Amaya, Bookworm (new)

Amaya | 881 comments Mod
Getting Nightshade clearly failed for me. On an off topic note I have been reading more of the Spider's Bite series, so perhaps that will count for a Halloween book of the month. Currently working on Tangled Threads.

Back to the topic at hand... if anyone has read this feel free to chime in :D. The book sounded really good in its description.

Chelsey (bellsbeautifulbooks) It is good so far! I'm a few chapters in (now that I've finally finished a few books I was reading and I'm in-between midterms). At first I was really intrigued by it--the world Cremer created, the characters, the pack rivalry--but there are a few questions I have that should be answered but aren't. I don't know if I'm just supposed to assume this is how things are, but I find it really awkward without an explanation, so I'm losing some interest. Mainly the interactions between Ren and Calla--she seems to not like him (because he's a player, rival pack, forced to marry him, etc) but be super physically attracted to him and it just seems weird. Other than that, still pretty interesting.

message 11: by Amaya, Bookworm (new)

Amaya | 881 comments Mod
Chelsey wrote: "It is good so far! I'm a few chapters in (now that I've finally finished a few books I was reading and I'm in-between midterms). At first I was really intrigued by it--the world Cremer created, the..."

That sounds pretty good, Chelsey. The unanswered questions bit reminds me of the Shiver trilogy. It was good but left some things unanswered, which was annoying since it was stuff that really should have been answered.

♥nafi~hateandbehatedon~♥ ;3 idk??? (im_curently_hungry) | 556 comments Reading blood rose!!! Yayyyyy!!!

message 14: by Amaya, Bookworm (new)

Amaya | 881 comments Mod
You've read the Nightshade series, Nafi?

Dhfan4life | 471 comments I'm tempted to read that series myself. Pretty covers. :D

♥nafi~hateandbehatedon~♥ ;3 idk??? (im_curently_hungry) | 556 comments Dhfan4life wrote: "I'm tempted to read that series myself. Pretty covers. :D"

Amaya wrote: "You've read the Nightshade series, Nafi?"

YES.. There good but the chapter are a little slow.

message 17: by Amaya, Bookworm (new)

Amaya | 881 comments Mod
I agree, the book covers are pretty, lol.

Hopefully the chapters pick up speed a little.

♥nafi~hateandbehatedon~♥ ;3 idk??? (im_curently_hungry) | 556 comments Amaya wrote: "I agree, the book covers are pretty, lol.

Hopefully the chapters pick up speed a little."

Yhea and its because they kill... Lol read the book and find out XD

message 19: by Amaya, Bookworm (new)

Amaya | 881 comments Mod
Haha

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Arctic Winds (other topics)
Nightshade (other topics)
Tangled Threads (other topics)
Shiver (other topics)