Paranormal Lovers discussion

Cassandra Clare
This topic is about Cassandra Clare
YA Series > The Mortal Instruments

Comments (showing 1-20 of 20) (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

J.A. Belfield (JABelfield) City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, #1) by Cassandra Clare City of Ashes (The Mortal Instruments Series, #2) by Cassandra Clare City of Glass (The Mortal Instruments, #3) by Cassandra Clare City of Fallen Angels (The Mortal Instruments, #4) by Cassandra Clare City of Lost Souls (The Mortal Instruments, #5) by Cassandra Clare City of Heavenly Fire (The Mortal Instruments, #6) by Cassandra Clare

Anybody read these? I'm intrigued to hear people's thoughts on them.

message 2: by Kayleigh {K-Books} (last edited Sep 23, 2011 07:56AM) (new)

Kayleigh {K-Books} (Kayley_12) they are really good.

One of my favourite YA UF series

J.A. Belfield (JABelfield) Seriously? With that half-nekkid dude on the front? YA books never looked like this when I was at school. :o\

Kayleigh {K-Books} (Kayley_12) Yea they are YA.
LOL

They r awesome tho. I would have thought they were adult as well from that cover haha

Carole-Ann (BlueOpal) Seriously, This is one of the better series on the block. Lots of puzzles, magic, and weird things; and a 'possible' case of consanguinuity (although that does get cleared up pretty quickly - but a lot of angst-filled moments in between!!)

Clare does write beautifully, and the world-build is very good! And although the story is about teenagers (for teenagers), as an adult I found them very enthralling!

Kayleigh {K-Books} (Kayley_12) i agree i love it.

J.A. Belfield (JABelfield) Off to look up consanguinuity ....

J.A. Belfield (JABelfield) Okay, I'm back. Man, I love learning new words. :o)

Lisa (lmmmml) Funny you should mention these, because I just started reading City of Fallen Angels (The Mortal Instruments, #4) by Cassandra Clare.

Kayleigh {K-Books} (Kayley_12) I really liked CoFA but I think the first 3 r the best

message 11: by Kristina Ivashkov (last edited Feb 13, 2012 01:04PM) (new)

Kristina Ivashkov  (man-u4kb) | 21 comments I love JACEEEEEEEEEEEEEE <3<3<3

(view spoiler)

Kyra | 8 comments (I'm on the second book-Pg 197)
I don't like Jace. Great story though, right up my alley in genre. I know what I want from this book and I probably won't get it because I have (accidentally) read a few spoilers where they weren't supposed to be.
I really like the type of story this is though, so hopefully I can get through it...eventually. I wanna know what happens to these characters in the end.

Kristina Ivashkov  (man-u4kb) | 21 comments Kyra wrote: "(I'm on the second book-Pg 197)
I don't like Jace. Great story though, right up my alley in genre. I know what I want from this book and I probably won't get it because I have (accidentally) read a..."

omg how come u dont like Jace? is it cuz hes too up to himself? lol

message 14: by Kyra (last edited Feb 13, 2012 05:01PM) (new)

Kyra | 8 comments Kristina Ivashkov wrote: "Kyra wrote: "(I'm on the second book-Pg 197)
I don't like Jace. Great story though, right up my alley in genre. I know what I want from this book and I probably won't get it because I have (accide..."

Haha, well, let me try to explain.
I think Jace is a funny character, in a sarcastic way. Which is fine, I myself, am a sarcastic person at times. But he's just too sarcastic in his humor. It comes off rudely sometimes and ugh... He just bugs me.
Another thing is when he found out him and Clary were siblings. He didn't back off and say, "Oh, this is weird and wrong. We shouldn't be together." No, instead he insisted on being with her even though Clary stated it was wrong in many different ways. That's incest, which is one of the most unappealing things ever to me. Now (this was spoiled for me) I don't care if they find out they aren't actually siblings. They didn't know this at the time and that's just gross, Clary knew it, Jace is a freak for that(sorry).
Now, I know for many fans of these books Jace is just a tough, bad boy who is actually very sweet on the inside. I understand this. It's a story line widely used in many books. But I think that the way he treats Clary a lot of the time(I get it's the "if a guy likes u in elementary school, he's mean to you" thing), is pushing it too far. He talks to her about the people she loves and tries to make her see that "Oh, they'll eventually hurt you anyway" (wow, dude) or “To love is to destroy, and that to be loved is to be the one destroyed.” I get it, he's a tortured soul. But his vibe is unattractive. And by the way, the quote “Declarations of love amuse me. Especially when unrequited.” Who the heck is amused by that? That's so wrong and it's a totally sad thing, when love isn't .
Also: “Was it weird hearing from Jace?" asked Simon, his voice carefully neutral. "I mean, since you found out..."
His voice trailed off.
Yes?"said Clary, her voice sharply edged. "Since I found out what? That he's a killer transvestite who molests cats?"
No wonder that cat of his hates everyone."
Oh, shut up, Simon," Clary said crossly.” How is this attractive?
So ya, that's my pet peeve's about Jace.

Kristina Ivashkov  (man-u4kb) | 21 comments ive read em up to the 4th book! cant wait to get the 5th book! i absolutely adore Simon! ive never even realised when i fell in love with him <3<3<3

Kyra | 8 comments I also love Simon! Great humor!

Denae (denae3) | 250 comments Just finished reading City of Fallen Angels (The Mortal Instruments, #4) by Cassandra Clare! Loved it and can't wait for the next book! :)

Diana (Mrs. Barrons) (dashichka) | 6 comments Just read the first book. I <3 Simon!

Denae (denae3) | 250 comments Simon's great! ...and only gets better :o)

Diana (Mrs. Barrons) (dashichka) | 6 comments yay! I can't wait to read the second one

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

City of Bones (other topics)
City of Fallen Angels (other topics)
City of Heavenly Fire (other topics)
City of Lost Souls (other topics)
City of Ashes (other topics)
More...