City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, #1) City of Bones discussion

Jace and Clary Brother and Sister???? What???

Comments (showing 1-50 of 70) (70 new)    post a comment »

Klaudia Does anyone think thats just wrong...i am pretty sure they are not but i was wondering when will they find out they are not brother and sister??? In What book??

Jennifer They find out in book 3

Nurlely You can also see that their love is so strong regardless them being 'bro-sis'

Marina yeah it looked pretty wrong i mean they are perfect for each other!

Christina If it turned out that Clary and Jace were brother and sister at the end, I think the author would really have to corral their emotions and make some rationales over the books. I'm crazy as I started reading the first book and happened upon the 3rd book for a steal price. So I was reading both books at the same time. I was so relieved to hear in Book 3 that they weren't brother and sister. Honestly, I don't think I would have continued reading Book 1 as incest, although it happens in the real world unfortunately, I'd rather not invest my precious reading time on that subject.

AlbertaJenn I think the meaning of the story is the belief in true love. That because they felt so strongly for each other, there was no way they could be related. If they had been related, I don't think that CC would have had them love each other so much.

Laura Wise I kind of saw this one coming; I thought there would be some terrible secret revealed that would keep them from being together. Happens every freaking time, so predictable. Also, I don't think Clary and Jace are suited to each other at all...It has something to do with the fact that I *hate* Jace's character, lol.

Antony it´s totally a forbidden love!!!.. that´s why it makes it more interesting!:D.. team Jace4ever

Elena Yeah, when they "found out" they were brother and sister I admit the relationship was just sick.
Thank God in book 3 they find out they're not.

message 10: by P.A. (new) - rated it 4 stars

P.A. Lupton I've only read book one so far, but when I read that I suddenly flashed back to all of the VC Andrews books I read as a teenager.

message 11: by Cece (new) - rated it 5 stars

Cece Keep reading.

[SPOILER ALERT] In Book 3 they find out they're not really brothers and sisters. Valentine just acted like Jace's dad, Sebastion is actually Clary's real brother.

AlbertaJenn Skye wrote: "Keep reading.

[SPOILER ALERT] In Book 3 they find out they're not really brothers and sisters. Valentine just acted like Jace's dad, Sebastion is actually Clary's real brother."

Yeah, and it would basically be an epic failure as a teen romance. Times have come a long way, but even having an incest romance in pop-culture would be a bit too much for mainstream publishers to try to play for teens.

NikkiLane ok - now I am ok reading the rest of the books. Stopped after book 1 as I was VERY upset about the turn that relationship took.

Temple Read the books before you make up your mind is what i say and this is a YA novel and for all young mature readers im sure Cassandra Clare woudn't write their relastionship as brother and sister just to upset hopeuful readers.

Abiie Yea yea. Their Love for each other don't belong to any BroSis Relationship ?? ^^,

Mandy at Blythes & Books Didn't like that turn of events either... I'm aware that romance isn't the big issue in Cassandra's books, clearly the action is, but this? I don't like it.
Glad to read they're not related after all. It made me dislike the prospect of reading on because of the loveless/sick relationship they would have. (Although they would never give in, these are not those kind of books, and this is not that kind of audience.)
(Had to think about Virginia Andrews too! 'Flowers in the Attic' was one of my favs... But it would be soooo wrong here!!!)

On the other hand I just *knew* something was off, which made me wanna go ahead and read on to finally find out things were right again!

Clever move, Miss Clare!

message 17: by Jodi (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jodi Right after I finished this book I googled to see if it was actually true! Haha :D But we find out in the third book and I think you'll be releaved.

message 18: by Jonesha (last edited Oct 05, 2011 07:58PM) (new) - added it

Jonesha i dont think they are brother and sister jace and clary they are just friends and they work together in book 2 and 1

message 19: by Jonesha (new) - added it

Jonesha i am still on the frist book tell me about the ending of book 3

Temple Jonesha wrote: "i am still on the frist book tell me about the ending of book 3"

Happy Ending for all or so it would be if the fourth book didn't complicate it more.

Reham Max wrote: "I found that like a punch in teh face when they became simblings.....INCENSE XD"

haha , it did felt like a punch in the face , couldn't believe it , i thought there must have been a mistake , thank the lord they weren't related :P

Temple ha! just edit your reply.

message 23: by Zoe (new) - rated it 5 stars

Zoe Max wrote: "i was like OMFG NOOO THEY NEEDA BE TOGETHER"

SO DID I. AHHHHHHHH!!! But I'm glad book 3 solves that...though I'm only at book 2. Haha. It's a good kind of spoiler though.

Daisy sanchez its in book 3 you should keep reading the books they are good. i have read all 4 and so far the best for me is the third book

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

im about to read the 4th one, but all my friends tell me not to cause bad things happen or sumtin. they say this to just leave the series at the 3rd one but id like to know your comments before i read them anyway.

message 26: by Abiie (last edited Oct 10, 2011 03:56AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Abiie mee.. currently reading :)
I'm relieved that Jace & Clary ARE NOT SIBLINGS !! \m/

Diane Galinato READ BOOK 3 FIRST.

Daisy sanchez Georgia wrote: "im about to read the 4th one, but all my friends tell me not to cause bad things happen or sumtin. they say this to just leave the series at the 3rd one but id like to know your comments before i r..."

you can leave it at book 3 if you want the happy ending. or go to book 4 like i did and find out whats happening to all the characters after the ending of book 3. me for sure going to read the 5th book after the ending of book 4 that is what got my attention the most.

message 29: by [deleted user] (last edited Oct 10, 2011 10:52PM) (new)

but im worried cause i don't want Jace and Clarey to do anything stupid and break up .
Although i guess it's too late as soon as I finish 'The amber spy glass' I'm gonna read it. (ive already read the fist few pages and im sucked in.)
*SPOILER ALLERT!!!*
Simon has just been taken away from his 'date' with Isabella and he's met Camilla wha...? Plus how can he be dating Maiea and Isabella! it's obvious who he should choose;...um...Crap! its too hard a love triangle!!+_+

Nurlely Georgia wrote: "im about to read the 4th one, but all my friends tell me not to cause bad things happen or sumtin. they say this to just leave the series at the 3rd one but id like to know your comments before i r..."

City of Glass is indeed the best among all MI books. Many of my friends feel the same about City of Fallen Angels. If you love Jace (I do not think anyone can dislike Jace), you would feel miserable with his fate in City of Fallen Angels.

But City of Glass is not the ending of Jace and Clary' story. As much as it is annoying reading CoFA, you still need to bear it if you want to continue reading their story.

You surely need to decide it yourself. Do you want to read more about Jace or not?

message 31: by [deleted user] (new)

Hell yes!
but I'll probs bite some1 if they break up!

Nurlely I think Jace and Clary will have some rough roads (AGAIN!) before meeting their happy end. I also dislike the idea of tormenting Jace.

But I love Jace and I will read more about him...:)

message 33: by [deleted user] (new)

i know have you read; clockwork angles?

Nurlely Yes, I have read Clockwork Angel...I love Will Herondale too. He is Jace's ascendant....:)

message 35: by [deleted user] (new)

iknow!!! I don't know who i love more though;
* Jace- a smexy sensitive guy who has a dark past
* Will- a smexy non-sensitive bad-boy alcholic with a dark past
yea love Will more
wat abt you?

Daisy sanchez Georgia wrote: "but im worried cause i don't want Jace and Clarey to do anything stupid and break up .
Although i guess it's too late as soon as I finish 'The amber spy glass' I'm gonna read it. (ive already read..."

Well i read it n i dont think they did anything stupid and if they did is not there fault. For me city of glass what not the ending
because somethings werent left clear for me and some of my friends told me also to leave it in the third book but i just could not i had to find out if what was left unclear for me was for real. When i got the book i just couldnt stop reading it.

message 37: by Dana (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dana Klaudia wrote: "Does anyone think thats just wrong...i am pretty sure they are not but i was wondering when will they find out they are not brother and sister??? In What book??"

just keep reading..lol...great books

message 38: by [deleted user] (new)

Daisy wrote: "Georgia wrote: "but im worried cause i don't want Jace and Clarey to do anything stupid and break up .
Although i guess it's too late as soon as I finish 'The amber spy glass' I'm gonna read it. (i..."

yea. not finished 'amber spy glass' yet but yea... FIST PUMP!

Daisy sanchez Georgia wrote: "Daisy wrote: "Georgia wrote: "but im worried cause i don't want Jace and Clarey to do anything stupid and break up .
Although i guess it's too late as soon as I finish 'The amber spy glass' I'm go..."

Ok. I think your going to be intrested in some new characters as well as some old ones

Kathryn omg this is amazing im addicted to the books

message 41: by [deleted user] (new)

Daisy wrote: "Georgia wrote: "Daisy wrote: "Georgia wrote: "but im worried cause i don't want Jace and Clarey to do anything stupid and break up .
Although i guess it's too late as soon as I finish 'The amber sp..."

YEAH!!! CAN'T WAIT!!:)

Daisy sanchez Georgia wrote: "Daisy wrote: "Georgia wrote: "Daisy wrote: "Georgia wrote: "but im worried cause i don't want Jace and Clarey to do anything stupid and break up .
Although i guess it's too late as soon as I finis..."

yeah hope you enjoy it

Stephanie When I first read this book and read the whole brother and sister thing I had to book the book down for the rest of the night. I then considered not even finishing the book, but I had already become so attached to the characters so I continued the next day and it is so worth it. This series is one of my favorites. Read the whole series. :)

message 44: by Kaie (new)

Kaie Johanson Just found out, they are not brother and sister. Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah I'm so happy!!!

Jessica wait people are barely finding this out? I knew this like 4 years ago haha

message 46: by Mari (new) - rated it 4 stars

Mari Klaudia wrote: "Does anyone think thats just wrong...i am pretty sure they are not but i was wondering when will they find out they are not brother and sister??? In What book??"

I thought the exact same thing!

message 47: by Mari (new) - rated it 4 stars

Mari Jennifer wrote: "They find out in book 3"
Thank goodness....I may have asked Amazon for a refund as I bought all of the rest of the books before I finished Chapter 22!

message 48: by Kate (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kate I was kind of disgusted in the second book when Clary and Jace still felt like they did before they found out they were related... I wouldnt flirt with my brother!

p.s guys please dont spoil the things that happens in book 3, a lot of people have only read the one book!

Esraa93 Jennifer wrote: "They find out in book 3"

oh thank god, i just got to the epilogue of the city of bones and was seriously considerd stopping with reading, i felt such a confusion and utter disgust and disapointment when they made them brother and sister it just seems so incrediby wrong!!! so happy it isnt true and can continue reading with some glimmer of hope

message 50: by [deleted user] (new)

Have to be honest gang I read the first book, and got that disappointed with the news of them being brother and sister, it put off reading the rest, I stopped at book 1, it just didn't feel right reading on especially the way they felt about each other.

« previous 1

all discussions on this book | post a new topic

Books mentioned in this topic

City of Bones (other topics)