Looking for Alaska Looking for Alaska discussion

Favorite book?

Comments (showing 1-16 of 16) (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

♥Glitter in the Air♥   I read this book and loved it after the first page. John Green is such an amazing writer and I can't wait to read the rest of his books. I also loved how funny it was despite the fact that it was about suicide. I was wondering what your favorite book by John Green was because I would love to start reading another one, I just can't quite decide which?

“What the hell is that?" I laughed.
"It's my fox hat."
"Your fox hat?"
"Yeah, Pudge. My fox hat."
"Why are you wearing your fox hat?" I asked.
"Because no one can catch the motherfucking fox.”
― John Green, Looking for Alaska
haha I loved that part XD

Brooke It's very very hard to get into my top ten favourite books but this one made it into my top three.
I just think it's one of the most amazing things I've ever read.
I think I'm going to read An Abundance of Katherine's next. =)

Lisa "Because no one can catch the motherfucking fox" HAHAH greatest line.

It really was a great book, very profound. To me, it didn't jump out as "OH MY GOD THIS IS AMAZING", but once I was finished I found I couldn't stop thinking about it. I guess it was kind of subtly phenomenal?

I havn't read any of his other books yet, but I've heard "Paper Towns" is really good. :)

Lily Paper Towns is an amazing book! It's my favorite of his books. AAOK is good too, but you should read Paper Towns. It is so funny.

Zara I liked Looking For Alaska the most. But I also like Paper Towns a lot. But I find I prefer his writing and quotes to the actual characters and plot.

Aerial yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss! this is my favorite book of all time! i just read it about 3 months ago and i think about it all the time! John Green is the new Mark Twain! haha! i absolutely love him! im trying to get a hold of paper towns right now!

Catriona Hannah Paper Towns is the best, closely following by Looking for Alaska though :) I love John Green's writing, so all of his books are in my top 10! An Abundance of Katherines is pretty great too, but my least favourite of his.

message 8: by J (new) - rated it 5 stars

J Cat wrote: "Paper Towns is the best, closely following by Looking for Alaska though :) I love John Green's writing, so all of his books are in my top 10! An Abundance of Katherines is pretty great too, but my ..."

Have you read Will Grayson? The Fault in Our Stars comes out at the end of November

message 9: by J (new) - rated it 5 stars

J J wrote: "Cat wrote: "Paper Towns is the best, closely following by Looking for Alaska though :) I love John Green's writing, so all of his books are in my top 10! An Abundance of Katherines is pretty great ..."

I posted some questions over an Abundance of Katherines through discussions---and maybe some over Paper Towns.

Aerial Aerial wrote: "yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss! this is my favorite book of all time! i just read it about 3 months ago and i think about it all the time! John Green is the new Mark Twain! haha! i absolutely ..."

i finally got paper towns and finished it yesterday. it was really good.

message 11: by Ilan (last edited Oct 26, 2011 03:58PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ilan Oh this is by far my favorite book in the WORLD! Best of John Green's book's. Loved that excerpt by the way :D

April Dyer Paper towns was my favorite! I loved looking for alaska alot too though. An abundance of katherines wasn't as good.

Catriona Hannah I've just recently read Will Gracen, Will Gracen and it was pretty great! And I've pre-ordered The Fault In Our Stars XD

message 14: by Lizz (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lizz Witt Looking for Alaska is one of my favorite books. I was disappointed with An Abundance of Katherines. I've heard Paper Towns was really good but I have yet to read it.

Sarah Looking for Alaska is amazing book. I borrowed a copy from the library and someone had written, "This comment is to excel John's greatness! DFTBA!" I agreed.

Nati^^the insane, laughing  panda^^ Cat,Lily,April.i AGREE!!!!Paper Towns is one of the BEST books ever.it is soo funny and good and so everything.sosososo goood. looking for alaska also was super goood

all discussions on this book | post a new topic

Books mentioned in this topic

Looking for Alaska (other topics)