Stormbreaker (Alex Rider, #1) Stormbreaker discussion

Movie sucks

Comments (showing 1-50 of 64) (64 new)    post a comment »

Nicholas If you watch the movie you will think that it sucks compared to the movie!

MizziQ If you read the book? Totally. Pretty much all you can say...but the actor's cute :) LOL

Nicholas Yeah Yeah!!

Dakota THE MOVIE WAS AWSOME.WHAT ARE YOU PEOPLE THHINKING

MizziQ Have you READ the book? :) Nah. It's just that it's really cheezy and pretty bad acting from some supporting characters. Tis all I can say. :) Btw: no offense--at all. Just didn't like it. Loved the book tho. As I can see you did!

MizziQ Haha! Sorry. :) I know it's annoying. Start a new thread that says how awesome it is!

Erika The movie sucks

Nicholas I know. I thought that it would be way awesomer????

Hina I LOVED THE MOVIE. It was one of my rare cases when I thought that the movie was better than the book.

message 10: by Erika (last edited Oct 01, 2011 11:13AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Erika What i hate more of that movie is the part when the German girl (i don't remember her name now) goes to the apartment of Alex and meets Jack, and then they start fighting and they show some scenes of a cartoon fighting too.....AND THEN WAIT... the best of all, the german girl goes away because she pinches her hand with a blowfish!!! ¬¬

That movie was like made for grammar school boys or kindergarden, when i watched that i totally imagined a 5 year old laughing because that was so funny for him.

But the book has nothing to do with that, that German girl NEVER goes to Alex's apartment and NEVER fights Jack, that's ridiculous! I have no idea how someone out of a 5-6 year old could actually liked that

message 11: by Jo (new) - rated it 3 stars

Jo Cheesy movie. Cliché dialogue. Lame villain. Ridiculous introduction of characters that appear until three books later.

Shen Ru :D THE BOOK IS WAY BETTER!!!!

Trent Sutton Yep, and it SUCKS compared to the book. Have any of you read the whole series? Do you think that if they made movies of the whole series they would be any good?

Nicholas If they were like the first movie then not. But if they were different.

Nicholas Then they would be better I think.

Trent Sutton I think that the later books in the series would make the best movies.

Nicholas Yeah! Agreed.

message 19: by Erika (last edited Oct 17, 2011 09:14AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Erika I've only read Stormbreaker and Point Blank.. Do you like more the other books in the series?

Nicholas Point Blanc is my least favorite but I love the other one :P !!!!!!!!

Dakota wait doseent the bad guy in the movie end up beeing the bad guy in iron man two

Nicholas No idea. Have not seen movie Iron Man 2!

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

I totally agree the movie was not that good compared to the awesome book.

Nicholas Awesome book.

Dakota YOU DID NOT SEE IRON MAN 2

Dakota IF YOU HAVE A NETFLIX ACOUNT IT WOULD BE WIZE IF YOU GO AND WATCH IT.

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN IRON MAN 2, YOU'RE JUST PLAIN WEIRD!!!

IT'S BRILLIANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Corinne G I've read all the books and I agree. Really bad movie!!! I didn't like the Mr.blunt character. he just enoyed me.

Austinp Herod Sayle wasn't even supposed to have hair, but in the movie( I guess the movie directors/director just couldn't persuade him to shave his head)and in the end when Yassen shoots Herod Sayle he was supposed to be shooting him out of his helicopter, but in the movie Yassen shot Herod Sayle, hanging upside down. I don't understand the point of having yassen hang upside down. That was my least favorite part about the movie.

message 30: by Vina (new) - rated it 4 stars

Vina lol

message 31: by Jess (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jess Erika wrote: "I've only read Stormbreaker and Point Blank.. Do you like more the other books in the series?"

I personally rank them like this in order from favourite to least favourite:
Skeleton Key (#3)and Scorpia (#5)
Ark Angel (#6)
Snakehead (#7)
Crocodile Tears (#8)
Stormbreaker (#1)
Eagle Strike (#4)
Point Blank (#2)

I haven't read Scorpia Rising yet... so the short answer to your question is yes, don't give up on Alex yet! :)

message 32: by Jess (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jess Erika wrote: "What i hate more of that movie is the part when the German girl (i don't remember her name now) goes to the apartment of Alex and meets Jack, and then they start fighting and they show some scene..."

Nadia Vole... was that her name in the book?
I also didn't like how they HAD to bring in Sabina right away... she doesn't get introduced until Point Blank or maybe even Skeleton Key in the books... the movie directors set themselves up for a disaster regarding Sabina.
But Alex P. is way to old now anyways. :(

message 33: by Erika (last edited Nov 15, 2011 08:23PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Erika
Jess wrote:"I personally rank them like this in order from favourite to least favourite:
Skeleton Key (#3)and Scorpia (#5)
Ark Angel (#6)
Snakehead (#7)
Crocodile Tears (#8)
Stormbreaker (#1)
Eagle Strike (#4)
Point Blank (#2)

I haven't read Scorpia Rising yet... so the short answer to your question is yes, don't give up on Alex yet! :)"

Oh really?
then i think i should check out skeleton key!

message 34: by Jess (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jess yeah, i really liked it! point blank was my least favourite because it was so far-fetched.

Heaven Lane Hey, the movie does NOT suck compared to the book!! Stop saying that!!!

.... The movie just SUCKS.. Book or no Book. :)

Ruhith Ahmed theres a movie?

message 37: by [deleted user] (new)

Heaven wrote: "Hey, the movie does NOT suck compared to the book!! Stop saying that!!!

.... The movie just SUCKS.. Book or no Book. :)"

The movie sucks compared to the book because the book was awesome and the film was c**p!

Chris Bowen the movie don't suck!!!!!!!!!

Chelsea_Book_Obsessed The book is way better and has more detail.

hunger games and K POP LAVA!!!! YEAH THE MOVIE DONT SUCK

it was cool

Heaven Lane The movie was tacky and looked like it was made by a bunch of ten-year-olds with way to much time on their hands.

Яо₴є Mїкalє$оп *In Love With Hemmo* Agreed. Alex Pettyfer is still REAAAAAAALLLLY freakin sexy....just not in that movie.

Erika Heaven wrote: "Hey, the movie does NOT suck compared to the book!! Stop saying that!!!

Thumbs up to that!!

The movie really sucks, and not just because we read the book first.

Heaven Lane Erika wrote: "Heaven wrote: "Hey, the movie does NOT suck compared to the book!! Stop saying that!!!

Thumbs up to that!!

The movie really sucks, and not ..."

I didn't even know it was a book until after I watched the movie. :)

hunger games and K POP LAVA!!!! um alex pettyfer is in the movie in time and beastly and i am number 4 and in some other books and movies

Trent Sutton he wasn't very good in this movie

Austinp Heaven wrote: "The movie was tacky and looked like it was made by a bunch of ten-year-olds with way to much time on their hands."
Ha, good one!

Heaven Lane Austinp wrote: "Heaven wrote: "The movie was tacky and looked like it was made by a bunch of ten-year-olds with way to much time on their hands."
Ha, good one!"

:)

message 49: by Tori (new) - rated it 5 stars

Tori I wont to see the movie!!

message 50: by Teri (new) - rated it 4 stars

Teri I liked the girl that played Jack and Alex was adorable but I agree that the movie was crap.

« previous 1

all discussions on this book | post a new topic

Books mentioned in this topic

Stormbreaker (other topics)