The Mystery, Crime, and Thriller Group discussion

Book Hunting / Recommendations > Looking for new author

Comments (showing 1-16 of 16) (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Gretchen (new)

Gretchen | 4 comments Hi all...first post...looking for a new author. I love the crime/thriller genre, but I haven;t read alot of authors in the genre. My favorite author is Karin Slaughter. Looking for something along those lines. I like the gritty raw murder mystries/police procedurals.

Authors I have read: Karin Slaughter, Lisa Gardner (D.D. Warren Series), Particia Cornwell(only 1), and John Connelly(only 1) I have a Mo Hayder book but haven't started that one yet. Any suggestions are welcome. (and just in case you are wondering, I don't have weak eyes or stomach when it comes to content.) :) Thanks!!

message 2: by Kimba (new)

Kimba  (kimba88) Tess Gerristen, Laura Lippman, Jefferson Bass, Faye Kellerman

message 3: by aprilla (new)

aprilla | 432 comments I like your list :) You could try Cody McFadyen's Smokey Barrett series beginning with Shadow Man and Gillian Flynn's Sharp Objects and Dark Places

message 4: by Jill (new)

Jill Hutchinson (Bucs1960) | 8523 comments You might also want to try Ian RankinIan Rankin. His Rebus series is pretty gritty.

message 5: by Gatorman (new)

Gatorman | 7251 comments I would go with John Connolly and Mo Hayder. Both are excellent in their genre.

message 6: by Linda (new)

Linda Boyd (lboyd5900attnet) | 332 comments This year I found Linda Castillo the series is Kate Burkholder, there are only 3 books in the series right now - but they are very good.

message 7: by Donna, Co-Moderator (new)

message 8: by Gretchen (new)

Gretchen | 4 comments Kimberly wrote: "Tess Gerristen, Laura Lippman, Jefferson Bass, Faye Kellerman"

I follow the rizzolli and isles tv show. I'm sure the books are just as good. Thanks for the suggestions!

message 9: by Gretchen (new)

Gretchen | 4 comments Donna wrote: "How about The Ghosts of Belfast by Stuart Neville"

Looks really good. Thanks!

message 10: by Hayes, Co-Moderator (new)

Hayes (Hayes13) | 2063 comments Mod
Just saw your post now. Hi Gretchen and welcome, a little late.

message 11: by Gretchen (new)

Gretchen | 4 comments Hayes wrote: "Just saw your post now. Hi Gretchen and welcome, a little late."

Thanks!

message 12: by Annie (new)

Annie Bellet | 1 comments I recommend trying out Zoe Sharp- Killer Instinct now that her books are finally crossing the pond. That's the first one in her Charlie Fox series.

message 13: by Matt (new)

Matt (MattLynn) | 1 comments Zoe Sharp is very good, and a great person as well. I've done some writer panels as well. You could try my free story on Kindle 'Lethal Force', and if you like try one of the 'Death Force' thrillers.Lethal Force

message 14: by Kenneth P. (new)

Kenneth P. (kennethP) Anything by Brit crime-writer John Harvey

message 15: by кєяo (new)

кєяo (EchoingGreen) | 58 comments Jill wrote: "You might also want to try Ian RankinIan Rankin. His Rebus series is pretty gritty."

My sister just bought two books from the Rebus Series by Ian Rankin, and they're making my mouth water. I can't wait to read them.

message 16: by Diane S. (new)

Diane S. Carol O'Connell, her Mallory series is very good and unique. Also Denise Mina, her first one is GarnetHill and one of my favorites.

The Mystery, Crime, and Thriller Group

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Sharp Objects (other topics)
Shadow Man (other topics)
Dark Places (other topics)
The Ghosts of Belfast (other topics)
Killer Instinct (other topics)
More...

Authors mentioned in this topic

Ian Rankin (other topics)
Linda Castillo (other topics)