Real Murders (Aurora Teagarden, #1) Real Murders discussion

Compare to Harper and Tolliver Series

Comments (showing 1-21 of 21) (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

LaTaeya Lane I just got Real Murders by Charline Harris, and I wanted to know if it is just as good as the Grave Sight book series. I love those books more than the other mystery books that Harris has written.
What is your view?

Cher Didn't even know about this. What's the scoop?

Cher Ok, I figured it out. I was thrown off by the cover. This is the Aurora Teagarden series which she is not writing any more. However, there are a total of 8 books. They were my fav. Enjoy.

Nadine Haney Both series are good. The Aurora Teagarden series is funnier.

Beth Rea I read the Aurora Teagarden series first, then the Harper Connelly books and am now caught up on Sookie Stackhouse. I am awaiting the first in the Shakespeare series.

Of the 3 series I've read, I actually like Harper Connelly best and wish she would go back to them, although I truly loved parts of Aurora Teagarden as well.

Jo-Elle Aurora and Lily (Shakespeare Series) are super! I've read all Charlaine Harris's works, including the shorts, and have thoroughly enjoyed them all. If you fell in love with Harper then you will adore Arora and worship Lily! Try them all, they all have a certain something that keeps you coming back for more! Good luck x x

Jennifer I like Harper the best closely followed by Lily. Those two series seem to be darker than Aurora and Sookie. I've been holding off on reading the last two Shakespeare because I know it's the end and I was really sad when Harper was all done.

Nadine Haney Jennifer wrote: "I like Harper the best closely followed by Lily. Those two series seem to be darker than Aurora and Sookie. I've been holding off on reading the last two Shakespeare because I know it's the end ..."

Jennifer wrote: "I like Harper the best closely followed by Lily. Those two series seem to be darker than Aurora and Sookie. I've been holding off on reading the last two Shakespeare because I know it's the end ..."
Nadine: I've read all the series and i'm on the Teagarden series again. It's hard to say which one i like best. Teagarden is funnier. Sookie is bloodier and weirder. I agree that Harper is darker. I just love them all. Plan to read Sookie again next.

Nadine Haney Oops! New to this discussion thing. Sorry.

message 10: by Sue (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sue I absolutely loved Aurora. It was really fun. I haven't read any other series of hers, but I have Sookie first 8 books - just not too keen on vampires.

Paris        (kerbytejas) Sue wrote: "I absolutely loved Aurora. It was really fun. I haven't read any other series of hers, but I have Sookie first 8 books - just not too keen on vampires."

Did you read her Lily Bard (Shakespeare) Series (Series ended in 2001)- I enjoyed that series very much

message 12: by Sue (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sue Paris (kerbytejas) wrote: "Sue wrote: "I absolutely loved Aurora. It was really fun. I haven't read any other series of hers, but I have Sookie first 8 books - just not too keen on vampires."

Did you read her Lily Bard (S..."

No, I haven't read any other series of hers. Seems she abandons her characters just when you are really into the feel for the town and other characters. I think there could have been so much more to Aurora. Sigh...

Paris        (kerbytejas) Sue wrote: "Paris (kerbytejas) wrote: "Sue wrote: "I absolutely loved Aurora. It was really fun. I haven't read any other series of hers, but I have Sookie first 8 books - just not too keen on vampire..."
i suspect it was the fact that the Sookie series took off for her and she didn't have the time to devote too all of the series she had going...or that the publishers did not sign up for more books.. I have spoken to many authors who say that the publishes just didn't want any more because :they weren't selling well, etc"

message 14: by Tilly (new) - added it

Tilly Wheatley I loved the Aurora Teagarden mysteries way more than the Harper Connelly books. The Harper Connelly books were good, but some of the story lines were Very dark and occasionally Harper was a bit whiney and Aurora is way more badass!

Paris        (kerbytejas) Tilly wrote: "I loved the Aurora Teagarden mysteries way more than the Harper Connelly books. The Harper Connelly books were good, but some of the story lines were Very dark and occasionally Harper was a bit whi..."

Aurora was a good series also - so true

message 16: by Tilly (new) - added it

Tilly Wheatley Along with the Sookie Stackhouses!

Paris        (kerbytejas) Tilly wrote: "Along with the Sookie Stackhouses!"

did you read her Lily Bard Shakespeare series Shakespeare's Landlord (Lily Bard Mysteries, #1) by Charlaine Harris Shakespeare's Champion (Lily Bard Mysteries, #2) by Charlaine Harris Shakespeare's Counselor (Lily Bard Mysteries, #5) by Charlaine Harris Shakespeare's Christmas (Lily Bard Mysteries, #3) by Charlaine Harris Shakespeare's Trollop (Lily Bard Mysteries, #4) by Charlaine Harris

message 18: by Tilly (new) - added it

Tilly Wheatley Yes! I liked the Lily Bard ones too, although I think Sookie and Aurora are my favourites! Have you ever read the Stephanie Plum novels by janet Evanovitch ?
They're the same style as Charlaine Harris's books, but they're hilarious!

Paris        (kerbytejas) Tilly wrote: "Yes! I liked the Lily Bard ones too, although I think Sookie and Aurora are my favourites! Have you ever read the Stephanie Plum novels by janet Evanovitch ?
They're the same style as Charlaine Ha..."

no never read those - right now I into romantic suspense - vs cozy suspense / mystery

message 20: by Tilly (new) - added it

Tilly Wheatley I don't think I've ever read a book of that genre, but they sound good.

Katie Heidbrink-stafford Anything written by Charlaine Harris is awesome!

all discussions on this book | post a new topic

Books mentioned in this topic

Real Murders (other topics)
Shakespeare's Landlord (other topics)
Shakespeare's Champion (other topics)
Shakespeare's Counselor (other topics)
Shakespeare's Christmas (other topics)
More...