Wild Things: YA Grown-Up discussion

Bookmark Swap > Bookmark Swap #18 - pictures posted!

Comments (showing 1-50 of 58) (58 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Angela Sunshine (last edited Oct 02, 2011 09:21AM) (new)

Angela Sunshine (AngelaSunshine) Sign up here for swap #18. This round is a maker's choice round. Choose any YA book you'd like.

Bookmarks will ship on October 15th.
Bookmarks will be opened on October 30th.

These are the rules:

1. You make or buy a bookmark themed around your choice of a YA book (but handmade is way cool!)
2. You are responsible for shipping your bookmark to your swap person at your own expense NO LATER THAN SATURDAY, OCTOBER 15TH! Be prepared to possibly send it out of the country.
3. Have fun and be creative!!! How you represent your book on your bookmark is totally and completely up to you.
4. Open your new bookmark as a group on SUNDAY, OCTOBER 30TH!
5. Take a picture of the bookmark you receive to share with the group!

The goal is pretty much to just share a book you like in an unique way. Feel free to message me your address in the meantime, I will hang onto it and confirm your spot in the swap here.

Amy
Donna
Cassie
Cristen
Jennifer
Paula
Vicki

message 2: by Amy (new)

Amy | 1931 comments I'm in.

message 3: by Donna (new)

Donna (DFiggz) | 1332 comments I like the "Choice" ones better...Count me in!

message 4: by Cassie (new)

Cassie Agreed, it's hard to turn down when the options are wide open. I'm in.

message 5: by Cristen (new)

Cristen | 135 comments I'm in too, but I'm moving so hopefully I will actually be able to swing making it :-)

message 6: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Fuentes | 24 comments Can I join in? I'm in China, but snail-mail is usually pretty fast. :)

Angela Sunshine (AngelaSunshine) Jennifer wrote: "Can I join in? I'm in China, but snail-mail is usually pretty fast. :)"

Absolutely! Glad to have you. I've saved your mailing info and will give you your swap partner's name on/around the 1st of October.

Angela Sunshine (AngelaSunshine) Just two more days to sign up guys!

message 9: by Amy (new)

Amy | 1931 comments Gotta think of a concept. I'm so lost this time around. LOL.

message 10: by Paula (new)

Paula (pauldajo) | 322 comments I'm in

message 11: by vicki_girl (new)

vicki_girl | 157 comments I'll sign up.

I'm going to send you a different address to use Angela. You should get my pm in a few minutes.

message 12: by Angela Sunshine (new)

Angela Sunshine (AngelaSunshine) Ok ladies, I'll add you both and pass out info tomorrow. We're moving this weekend and have shut off cable/Internet a day too early!

message 13: by Angela Sunshine (new)

Angela Sunshine (AngelaSunshine) Still no Internet. Will go to Starbucks tomorrow!

message 14: by Angela Sunshine (new)

Angela Sunshine (AngelaSunshine) Ok names are passed out! Remember that if you are sending your bookmark overseas you should try to get it moving soon.

message 15: by Angela Sunshine (new)

Angela Sunshine (AngelaSunshine) Don't forget that your bookmark needs to ship no later than this Saturday. If you are shipping yours overseas, please get it in the mail asap!!

I'm shipping mine today. :)

message 16: by Donna (new)

Donna (DFiggz) | 1332 comments Crap! I think I will have to buy one this round. I will take a look around this afternoon and maybe I can do an upcycle or find more goodies to create one.

message 17: by Paula (new)

Paula (pauldajo) | 322 comments I've put mine in the mail today.

message 18: by Amy (new)

Amy | 1931 comments Crap! Totally off on this one. I haven't even started making my bookmark. Now to figure out what to do....

message 19: by Angela Sunshine (new)

Angela Sunshine (AngelaSunshine) Tomorrow's the deadline! Please get those bookmarks in the mail.

message 20: by Donna (new)

Donna (DFiggz) | 1332 comments Sending mine out when I leave the office today.

message 21: by Cassie (new)

Cassie Finishing mine up and it will be in the mail tomorrow!

message 22: by Cristen (new)

Cristen | 135 comments Finished mine, going in the mail tomorrow :-)

message 23: by Amy (new)

Amy | 1931 comments Mine will be going out tomorrow first thing. I didn't get a chance to get to the post office today. So sorry.

message 24: by Cassie (new)

Cassie Mine went in the mail today and I think I received mine yesterday!

message 25: by Cristen (new)

Cristen | 135 comments Sent mine out in the mail :-)

message 26: by Angela Sunshine (last edited Oct 20, 2011 07:49PM) (new)

Angela Sunshine (AngelaSunshine) So far we have:

Amy sent received
Donna sent
Cassie sent received
Cristen sent received
Jennifer
Paula sent received
Vicki sent received
Angela sent received

Anything I've missed?

message 27: by Amy (new)

Amy | 1931 comments Mine is out in the mail!

message 28: by Paula (new)

Paula (pauldajo) | 322 comments I received my bookmark!

message 29: by vicki_girl (new)

vicki_girl | 157 comments Mine has been sent.

message 30: by Cristen (new)

Cristen | 135 comments Received mine today :-)

message 31: by Donna (new)

Donna (DFiggz) | 1332 comments I sent mine!!!!

message 32: by vicki_girl (new)

vicki_girl | 157 comments Received mine. :)

message 33: by Amy (new)

Amy | 1931 comments Got mine in the mail today.

message 34: by Donna (new)

Donna (DFiggz) | 1332 comments Still looking...

message 35: by Angela Sunshine (last edited Oct 27, 2011 09:11AM) (new)

Angela Sunshine (AngelaSunshine) Donna wrote: "Still looking..."

There is one on the way to you! (Possibly two...) Probably won't make it by the 30th though.

message 36: by Donna (new)

Donna (DFiggz) | 1332 comments OK. Not a problem!!!!

message 37: by Amy (new)

Amy | 1931 comments The bookmark I sent out to my person came back, return to sender.

message 38: by Angela Sunshine (new)

Angela Sunshine (AngelaSunshine) Amy wrote: "The bookmark I sent out to my person came back, return to sender."

That would be the overseas one, eh?

message 39: by Amy (new)

Amy | 1931 comments Yup. I wrote the address just like you emailed it to me and it came back.

message 40: by vicki_girl (new)

vicki_girl | 157 comments So are we opening tomorrow (Oct 30 like in the title of the thread)?

I'm asking 'cause don't we usually go for the last day of the month?

message 41: by Angela Sunshine (new)

Angela Sunshine (AngelaSunshine) vicki_girl wrote: "So are we opening tomorrow (Oct 30 like in the title of the thread)?

I'm asking 'cause don't we usually go for the last day of the month?"

Open them guys! We use the 1st, 15th, and 30th as the dates to make life easy. I left my envelope at work... :(

message 42: by Angela Sunshine (new)

Angela Sunshine (AngelaSunshine) Amy wrote: "Yup. I wrote the address just like you emailed it to me and it came back."

Boo. Well, I contacted her (or tried) a few times and haven't gotten any response, so I think the person she was shipping to is going to be disappointed as well. I sent a replacement already, otherwise I would have just had you send it to her!

message 43: by vicki_girl (new)

vicki_girl | 157 comments Just opened mine from Cristen! It's for Incarceron by Catherine Fisher. I'll get some pictures up soon. :)

message 44: by Cristen (last edited Oct 30, 2011 05:41PM) (new)

Cristen | 135 comments Photobucket

Thanks Donna, this is a super cute bookmark. I love the idea that you based it on Sarah Dessen's books.

Photobucket

Thanks go to your daughters for their cute bonus bookmark...so precious!

message 45: by Paula (new)

Paula (pauldajo) | 322 comments I opened mine and it is so cute. The bookmark is based on The wizard of Oz. Thank you!!!

message 46: by vicki_girl (new)

vicki_girl | 157 comments Here are the pictures for my Incarceron bookmark. Thank you Cristen!

Photobucket

Photobucket

message 47: by Angela Sunshine (new)

Angela Sunshine (AngelaSunshine) Donna, yours should be there tomorrow. They attempted delivery on Saturday (supposedly). It's USPS, your tracking #9101 1501 3471 1986 1798 62 in case you need it :)

message 48: by Amy (new)

Amy | 1931 comments Angela...I"m going to send you my bookmark picture to you later tonight. It's super cute. It's The Halloween Tree.

message 49: by Angela Sunshine (new)

Angela Sunshine (AngelaSunshine) My bookmark is from Cassie. It's for Tender Morsels and it's so cute!! I love that the arm opens up.

Photobucket

Photobucket

message 50: by Cassie (new)

Cassie Angela, I'm so glad you like it :)

I received a beautiful bookmark for the Little House on the Prairie books from Paula!

Photobucket

« previous 1

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Incarceron (other topics)
Tender Morsels (other topics)
Little House on the Prairie (other topics)