UK Amazon Kindle Forum discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archive > Morning!

Comments (showing 201-250 of 56,327) (56327 new)    post a comment »

message 201: by Lorraine (new)

Lorraine Versini (LorraineVersini) | 8999 comments Ahhh Vanessa, it's like here, we don't just talk about books, do we !!??

Geoff (G. Robbins) (merda constat variat altitudo) (Snibborg) | 9019 comments I have to point out that this is not the first time that butt plugs have been mentioned in this forum.

message 203: by Lorraine (new)

Lorraine Versini (LorraineVersini) | 8999 comments Not guilty of that one !!

BTW - hubby's heard me giggling, so he's heard the whole story, now he wants to feature them on the trike forum he belongs to ! So when you see those scary meany-looking bikers/trikers remember what's in their pants lol !

Vanessa (aka Dumbo) (VanessaAKADumbo) | 6619 comments Cor, I love scary mean looking bikers, I used to belong to a bikers club, all that leather mmmm...send them my way please!

message 205: by Kath (new)

Kath Middleton | 20858 comments Wot's make-up? (I know about the other things!)

message 206: by Lorraine (new)

Lorraine Versini (LorraineVersini) | 8999 comments Ingnite wrote: "Wot's make-up? (I know about the other things!)"
;)

Vanessa wrote: "Cor, I love scary mean looking bikers, I used to belong to a bikers club, all that leather mmmm...send them my way please!"

Haven't got round to meeting them yet, trike is still a work in progress...

message 207: by Mhairi (new)

Mhairi Simpson (mhairisimpson) | 1158 comments Tell him to hurry up - I'm all in favour of some leather :D

message 208: by Mhairi (last edited Sep 16, 2011 10:38AM) (new)

Mhairi Simpson (mhairisimpson) | 1158 comments Nice to know it wasn't me who caused the conversation to devolve to, well, "leather". It usually is. I've obviously found my spiritual home.

message 209: by Lorraine (new)

Lorraine Versini (LorraineVersini) | 8999 comments I'll let you know when I enter "the" world ... actually hubby's just been showing me the seats he's just picked up, and now it looks like I am either going to have to slim down to half my size or miss out on the trike rides altogether, because it doesn't look like his supposedly three-seater will take Ollie and me at the back :(
Hubby's suggested I got my own... I said yes as long as it was pink ! Now got to graft hard and save for it !

message 211: by Lorraine (new)

Lorraine Versini (LorraineVersini) | 8999 comments Awww.... looks a bit big though, and obviously not for sale :(

message 212: by Patti (baconater) (new)

Patti (baconater) (Goldengreene) | 54309 comments It's purdy, though.

message 213: by Karen (Kew) (new)

Karen (Kew) | 4045 comments We actually saw one of these today - in a side road in sleepy Cornwall of all places! The one we saw was gold though!

:0)

message 214: by Mhairi (new)

Mhairi Simpson (mhairisimpson) | 1158 comments Eye candy. Excellent candidate for eye candy.

message 215: by Kay (Golden Girl) (new)

Kay (Golden Girl) | 2246 comments think I have seen it all now !!!!!!!!

message 216: by Lorraine (new)

Lorraine Versini (LorraineVersini) | 8999 comments Gold ? Oh yea ! A pink trike with lots of bling !

message 217: by Patti (baconater) (new)

Patti (baconater) (Goldengreene) | 54309 comments Would have to get matching hand bag and leathers of course.

And boots!

Oh gawd, the boots!

Thigh high, I reckon.

message 218: by Lorraine (new)

Lorraine Versini (LorraineVersini) | 8999 comments Nah, I am a bit chunky around the waistline (hubby calls them continental shelves), would look odd...

That's unless I get my backside in gear and finally lose the baby weight...

message 219: by Lorraine (new)

Lorraine Versini (LorraineVersini) | 8999 comments Morning everyone !
Well I'm off to work this morning (hey ho hey ho) !
Have a good day everyone !

message 220: by Catalina (new)

Catalina | 169 comments Morning! have a nice day.

its saturday, i have the day off, and still woke at 6.30...i hade nightmares, plus had to give up a book as it was boring and dull. such a bad way to start a day

message 221: by Lorraine (new)

Lorraine Versini (LorraineVersini) | 8999 comments That's ok Catalina, new group book today, might make up for it !

message 222: by Catalina (new)

Catalina | 169 comments that is good....although i have just started The Pillars of the Earth, and until now i enjoy it. Let see :)

Simon (Highwayman) (highwayman) | 4696 comments You can even have breakfast at Amazon (and a bargain too!)

Something for Breakfast

message 224: by Kath (new)

Kath Middleton | 20858 comments I loved Pillars of the Earth Catalina.
To be serious for a minute Simon, (can't do it for longer!) I don't buy Nestle products. I have a looooong memory.

message 225: by Catalina (new)

Catalina | 169 comments I enjoy it till now, Ingnite,although it is a bit intimidating, and there are many words to look up.
I had cheerios for breakfast,probably the first time in my life i ever had them...quite nice, but i like fruit and fiber better

message 226: by Patti (baconater) (new)

Patti (baconater) (Goldengreene) | 54309 comments I'd like to hear more about the nestle boycott, Ingnite. Why?

message 227: by Jay-me (Janet) (new)

Jay-me (Janet)  | 3926 comments What is breakfast?

My kindle & I are off down to mum & dad's - they let dad out of hospital yesterday :)
plus my sister, BIL & favourite nephew may have arrived for a weekend visit.

The weather forecast is not too good for today - frequent heavy thundery showers.

message 228: by Kath (last edited Sep 17, 2011 02:08AM) (new)

Kath Middleton | 20858 comments Patti (P E) wrote: "I'd like to hear more about the nestle boycott, Ingnite. Why?"

It goes back to deep in the last century Patti :)
They were giving free powdered baby milk to new mums in third world countries. Naturally, the mums' own milk dried up and they then had to buy powdered milk - often with dodgy water supplies to make it up. It was reported to have cost the lives of many babies - all for profit. I don't just bear a grudge, I can carry it for bloody miles!

message 229: by Patti (baconater) (new)

Patti (baconater) (Goldengreene) | 54309 comments Oh yes, of course. One of my friends here boycotts them for the same reason. Can make things a bit tricky trying stand on principle when there is only one shop with very limited selection. She manages, though.

message 230: by Patti (baconater) (new)

Patti (baconater) (Goldengreene) | 54309 comments Great news about your Dad, Janet!

Have a lovely day.

Vanessa (aka Dumbo) (VanessaAKADumbo) | 6619 comments Good morning all.
Popped out to buy some milk and bit's and pieces as I didn't have any for my coffee.
Also defrosting some bacon so I can have a buttie later on.

Simon (Highwayman) (highwayman) | 4696 comments It has just chucked it down with rain here. I have a very wet pussy.

I might have a crusty bacon roll for lunch before going to support the 40th Aniversary of CAMRA.

Vanessa (aka Dumbo) (VanessaAKADumbo) | 6619 comments Simon (Highwayman) wrote: "It has just chucked it down with rain here. I have a very wet pussy.

I might have a crusty bacon roll for lunch before going to support the 40th Aniversary of CAMRA."

A lot of men wouldn't complain about that...lol.

Simon (Highwayman) (highwayman) | 4696 comments "A lot of men wouldn't complain about that...lol. "

It's not the same when they haven't got any ears to grab on to.....

message 235: by Patti (baconater) (new)

Patti (baconater) (Goldengreene) | 54309 comments And that was BEFORE the pub, Simon?
Looking forward to when you get home!

Lovely day here. The sun is shining! Might take the wrapping off the new sun bed after my loaves are done.

Geoff (G. Robbins) (merda constat variat altitudo) (Snibborg) | 9019 comments Been down the road to the local barbers (Known as Mad Dave's). Was sitting in there waiting and reading when a copper sticks his head around the door and says "Is there a Dean here?" Young lad in the corner gets up and goes outside.

Immediately one of the blokes waiting said "We should have all said, I'm Dean like in Spartacus."

After about 10 minutes Dean comes back in, just in tome to be sheared. First thing Dave says is "The police say that you have the right to remain silent, but that doesn't work in here, spill it."

Evidently a 12 year old girl has run away for the second time in two weeks. Social Services want to take her into care and someone said that this lad Dean had been talking to her.

Entertainment everywhere.

message 237: by Patti (baconater) (new)

Patti (baconater) (Goldengreene) | 54309 comments I hope the girl is okay. Only twelve! Poor wee thing. Frightened to think of what she may be running from

message 238: by Lorraine (new)

Lorraine Versini (LorraineVersini) | 8999 comments Well sadly my morning's not been as eventful, but I am glad to be back on here, will bring myself to say it, but I have been missing you guys !

message 239: by Mhairi (new)

Mhairi Simpson (mhairisimpson) | 1158 comments Morning, everyone! :) I had a bit of a late start today, everyone's already here!

Geoff (G. Robbins) (merda constat variat altitudo) (Snibborg) | 9019 comments Lorraine wrote: "Well sadly my morning's not been as eventful, but I am glad to be back on here, will bring myself to say it, but I have been missing you guys !"

See, that's how it starts. Next you'll be saying "I can stop when I want, I'm under control."

You'll end up living under a bridge with an iPad, hopelessly addicted like Patti.

Geoff (G. Robbins) (merda constat variat altitudo) (Snibborg) | 9019 comments Patti (P E) wrote: "I hope the girl is okay. Only twelve! Poor wee thing. Frightened to think of what she may be running from"

There is a very rough housing estate on the other side of the hill from where we live. I suspect she comes from there. Evidently she lives with her mother, no anyone's guess.

message 242: by Lorraine (new)

Lorraine Versini (LorraineVersini) | 8999 comments Geoff (G. Robbins) wrote: "See, that's how it starts. Next you'll be saying "I can stop when I want, I'm under control.""

Sadly I get addicted to thinks very quickly, and I have the willpower of a gnat. So yes, I am probably already hooked on the forum and you lot, and no I am not ashamed to say.
It's nice to have found such a friendly bunch, don't have many friends, so at least I am not a total recluse.
And no lol, I wouldn't mind living under a bridge as long as I have an ipad (although I am more of a microsoft girl), actually my dream job, which is no longer available (and internet wasn't created back then) would have been to live as a hermit in the dwelling specifically for hermits at Wardour Castle back in the old days...

message 243: by Patti (baconater) (new)

Patti (baconater) (Goldengreene) | 54309 comments Geoff (G. Robbins) wrote: "Lorraine wrote: "Well sadly my morning's not been as eventful, ..."

A bridge? That'd be nice. All I have is this bit of tattered tarpaulin.

Gingerlily - Mistress Lantern | 32436 comments 2 of them??

Arrgh! My nose has just exploded again. Darn this cold!!!

Geoff (G. Robbins) (merda constat variat altitudo) (Snibborg) | 9019 comments She repeats herself when under stress
She repeats herself when under stress
She...

Or it could be just her crap internet connection.

message 246: by Lorraine (new)

Lorraine Versini (LorraineVersini) | 8999 comments Geoff (G. Robbins) wrote: "She repeats herself when under stress"

x

Gingerlily - Mistress Lantern | 32436 comments ooh thanks - but waft some towards Patti as well under her two tarpaulins...

message 248: by Lorraine (new)

Lorraine Versini (LorraineVersini) | 8999 comments Off to google tarpaulin lol - not a word that belongs to my vocabulary yet !

message 249: by Lorraine (new)

Lorraine Versini (LorraineVersini) | 8999 comments Awwww.... feeling sorry for Patti. Would you like to share my hermit dwelling?

Gingerlily - Mistress Lantern | 32436 comments I thought for a moment that was kermit dwelling!

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.
unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Six Seconds (other topics)
The Pillars of the Earth (other topics)
How I Sold 1 Million eBooks in 5 Months (other topics)
The Fishing Pool (other topics)
Ice King (other topics)
More...

Authors mentioned in this topic

Rosamund Lupton (other topics)
Katherine Applegate (other topics)
Stuart Ayris (other topics)
Steve Robinson (other topics)
Christine Dwyer Hickey (other topics)
More...