UK Amazon Kindle Forum discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archive > Morning!

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.

Comments (showing 56281-56330)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 1126 1127

message 56330: by Patti (baconater) (new)

Patti (baconater) (Goldengreene) | 51769 comments Thanks Mary.

I'm going to lock this thread now.

message 56329: by M.T. (new)

M.T. McGuire (MTMcGuire) | 4181 comments Just in case anyone else is a bit crap. The new morning thread is here.

http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/1...

Over and out.

MTM

message 56328: by Andy (new)

Andy Elliott | 1524 comments Posts 37578-37593 just fell into my garden. Can I keep them?

message 56327: by Kath (new)

Kath Middleton | 20265 comments You. Two posts in a minute! More than it could take! :)

message 56326: by Simon (Highwayman) (new)

Simon (Highwayman) (highwayman) | 4696 comments Tut. Who broke it then?

message 56325: by Simon (Highwayman) (new)

Simon (Highwayman) (highwayman) | 4696 comments Sorry, I can't resist trying it :)

message 56324: by Andy (new)

Andy Elliott | 1524 comments Good night.

message 56323: by Patti (baconater) (new)

Patti (baconater) (Goldengreene) | 51769 comments Good morning Rosemary!

I'm gonna open a new morning thread now.

Rosemary what's that coming over the hill (nosemanny) | 6776 comments Morning all!
Yes this thread's doing it to me too. I think we've broken it...

Dark, windy and raining here. I don't think that's the indian summer I ordered...

message 56321: by Patti (baconater) (new)

Patti (baconater) (Goldengreene) | 51769 comments Oh and good morning all!

Delicious lie in!!

message 56320: by Patti (baconater) (new)

Patti (baconater) (Goldengreene) | 51769 comments Same is happening to me GL!

It's pissing me off.

I think it may be time to start an all-new morning thread and archive this one. :(

Gingerlily - Mistress Lantern | 30578 comments What's up with this thread? Its keeps on showing up in unread threads, but not showing any new posts... But now when I come in and look, the last few are new but not marked as such. Is this thread so long we have broken Good reads?

message 56318: by M.T. (new)

M.T. McGuire (MTMcGuire) | 4181 comments Will wrote: "Got the rugby on now. Does anyone else see the irony of having adverts for Specs savers on the ref's clothing?"

Wonderful!

Rosemary what's that coming over the hill (nosemanny) | 6776 comments Spent seven hours on me harris in a car. How can I be so tired?

message 56316: by Lindsay (new)

Lindsay (Kiwi365) | 3098 comments Well that was a shite day. If anyone needs me I will be at the pub!

message 56315: by Will (new)

Will Jones (willmacmillanjones) | 9538 comments Got the rugby on now. Does anyone else see the irony of having adverts for Specs savers on the ref's clothing?

message 56314: by Will (new)

Will Jones (willmacmillanjones) | 9538 comments Enjoyed a lovely skive, wandering around Aberaeron.

message 56312: by Lynda (new)

Lynda Wilcox (Lyndawrites) | 1139 comments B J wrote: "Like that one, Kath! I can see our next writing theme could be interesting.
Actually, my suggestion was just a crossword clue.
ArchbishoP LOThario, to help Lynda find a PLOT."

That's just so cleVER IT Yearns to be used. Thanks BJ.

message 56311: by Patti (baconater) (new)

Patti (baconater) (Goldengreene) | 51769 comments Hi lovelies.

That was a loooooong week.

If I'm this shattered, imagine how my ankle-biters must feel! Little sweeties, I gave them ten extra minutes of free play today.

Well. Most of them.

The munchkins who hadn't finished their assignments didn't get to play. They sat at their tables and got on with their work, by jiminy!

Miss you lot. I'm looking forward to a proper visit with you tomorrow!

message 56310: by M.T. (new)

M.T. McGuire (MTMcGuire) | 4181 comments It's weeing down here in Bury St Edmunds. I have a bone doctor appointment next week about my knee. They think I've ruptured a ligament but even with MRI they couldn't really see.

There I was outside going rather brown, yesterday and here I am today huddled in the quietest room in the house making an experimental recording of me reading my book. So far, I've done chapter 1. With an iPad, a copy of Garage Band and a mike it's actually going surprisingly well. It takes a couple of hours to do each chapter but I'm hoping I'll require fewer takes as I get used to it.

Also happy because my Mum was being tested for all sorts of horrible muscle wasting diseases but it turns out she just has a type of arthritis which doesn't like heat. Very relieved about that.

Cheers

MTM

message 56309: by Jim (new)

Jim | 13854 comments One or two people asked me about my cataract surgery and was it worth it? http://jandbvwebster.wordpress.com/20...

message 56308: by B J (new)

B J Burton (BJBurton) | 2323 comments Like that one, Kath! I can see our next writing theme could be interesting.
Actually, my suggestion was just a crossword clue.
ArchbishoP LOThario, to help Lynda find a PLOT.

message 56307: by Lynda (new)

Lynda Wilcox (Lyndawrites) | 1139 comments Lol!

message 56306: by Kath (new)

Kath Middleton | 20265 comments "You can kiss me once, but don't get into the habit!" says Verity?

message 56305: by Lynda (new)

Lynda Wilcox (Lyndawrites) | 1139 comments B J wrote: "Lynda wrote: "Morning all.
Weather's certainly broken here - with a clang they probably heard in Paris. Paris, Texas.

Plot still missing. Now preparing 'Wanted' posters. :("

Archbishop lothario p..."

Hmmm. Maybe Verity could become a nun? The archbishop could try a fumble in the cloisters. Nah - no one would ever believe that! :)

Sightings of the plot have been reported, I'd put V on the case but she's gone AWOL, too.

message 56304: by Elle (new)

Elle (Louiselesley) | 7911 comments morning all. it poured over night but just minutes ago the sun came out.

like claire im desperate for my uniform to get dried as i work again later today. late finish then an early start tomorrow and a weekend away so i shall be away from the forum from later today until maybe tuesday

message 56303: by B J (new)

B J Burton (BJBurton) | 2323 comments Lynda wrote: "Morning all.
Weather's certainly broken here - with a clang they probably heard in Paris. Paris, Texas.

Plot still missing. Now preparing 'Wanted' posters. :("

Archbishop lothario pesters Verity. There's a plot in there somewhere.

message 56302: by ✿Claire✿ (new)

✿Claire✿ (clairelm) | 2389 comments Morning. I was planning on hanging the uniform I need for tomorrow on the line to dry. It was pouring with rain when I left home so it's currently on hangers hanging from the living room curtain pole!

message 56301: by Will (new)

Will Jones (willmacmillanjones) | 9538 comments Brilliant, warm sunshine in Wales.

Might give up on work at lunchtime and head for the coast

message 56300: by Kath (new)

Kath Middleton | 20265 comments Morning each! Had a heavy shower this morning but it's just damp and grey now. Shame, because I wanted a good soaking for the garden and veg plot. Hard lines eh?

Might have to do some ironing. Either than or fold it all up and lie on it for a bit. Now there's a thought...

message 56299: by Lynda (new)

Lynda Wilcox (Lyndawrites) | 1139 comments Morning all.

Plot still missing. Now preparing 'Wanted' posters. :(

message 56298: by B J (new)

B J Burton (BJBurton) | 2323 comments Morning all. Weather supposed to break today, but no sign of it at the moment - it's glorious.

Desley (Cat fosterer) (Booktigger) | 5308 comments Morning all, wet here and a drip woke me up at 6. Got to pack, do housework and shopping before setting off for our weekend away, just seeing if I can get qbit more sleep first

message 56296: by Darren (last edited Sep 05, 2013 11:25PM) (new)

Darren Humphries (Darrenhf) | 6368 comments Grey and miserable start to the day, but the England team are going to make it a bright and successful one.

Hope yours is too.

message 56295: by Andy (new)

Andy Elliott | 1524 comments G'morning. Stratus, grey n wet today. Off to wonderful York today to work and definitely not loiter around the Minster, no siree

Rosemary what's that coming over the hill (nosemanny) | 6776 comments Morning all! Quick jaunt up to Aberdeen today to the Beautiful Scotland award ceremony. Six plus hours in the car oh joy

Have a good day all!

message 56293: by Lindsay (new)

Lindsay (Kiwi365) | 3098 comments Morning Patti,

I plan on doing the same thing, the sleeping thing not the dinner party. I have not been sleeping well at all, so much going on.

Hope everyone has a joyous Friday!

message 56292: by Patti (baconater) (new)

Patti (baconater) (Goldengreene) | 51769 comments Good morning all.

Thank Gawd it's Friday.

I'm planning on sleeping the weekend away.

Except for the dinner party we're throwing tomorrow night.

message 56291: by M.T. (new)

M.T. McGuire (MTMcGuire) | 4181 comments B J wrote: "Andy wrote: "B J wrote: "But would it have been less abhorrent if you'd baked one yourself? "

I make a stunning lemon drizzle cake, I'll have you know! The Waitrose purchase was purely due to a la..."

I never worry if the cake is cracked, what concerns me is whether it tastes good.

Julianna, good morning, it's close to midnight here!

Cheers

MTM

message 56290: by Julianna. (last edited Sep 05, 2013 02:59PM) (new)

Julianna. | 36 comments Good d,ay,its morning here so I guess i'm on the right thread this time.LOL!!
Did somebody mention cake club!I must have passed it!

message 56289: by B J (new)

B J Burton (BJBurton) | 2323 comments Andy wrote: "B J wrote: "But would it have been less abhorrent if you'd baked one yourself? "

I make a stunning lemon drizzle cake, I'll have you know! The Waitrose purchase was purely due to a lack of time an..."

In that case it sounds as if Cake Club has a new member. I think it was Patti who commented recently that one shouldn't worry if a cake cracks as all you've done is cleverly create an icing reservoir. Wise words indeed.

message 56288: by D.D. Chant (new)

D.D. Chant (DDChant) | 7643 comments Lindsay wrote: "My train is delayed! Humph"

Boo! ;-(

message 56287: by Lindsay (new)

Lindsay (Kiwi365) | 3098 comments My train is delayed! Humph

message 56286: by Tim (new)

Tim | 7951 comments It didn't do Alice Cooper any harm, looking like Alice Cooper...

message 56285: by Patti (baconater) (new)

Patti (baconater) (Goldengreene) | 51769 comments Ha! Share the craving!

Actually I just unstuck a watermelon seed from my elbow. :)

message 56284: by Taภya (new)

Taภya Lol I want some watermelon now. :)

Gingerlily - Mistress Lantern | 30578 comments And now you have watermelon seeds all over your face?

message 56282: by Patti (baconater) (new)

Patti (baconater) (Goldengreene) | 51769 comments I've just pushed my face into the sweetest, most delicious watermelon.

My day has improved.

message 56281: by Will (new)

Will Jones (willmacmillanjones) | 9538 comments I had it down as mice, myself.

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 1126 1127
unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Six Seconds (other topics)
The Pillars of the Earth (other topics)
How I Sold 1 Million eBooks in 5 Months (other topics)
The Fishing Pool (other topics)
Ice King (other topics)
More...

Authors mentioned in this topic

Rosamund Lupton (other topics)
Katherine Applegate (other topics)
Stuart Ayris (other topics)
Steve Robinson (other topics)
Christine Dwyer Hickey (other topics)
More...