Christian Teen Bookclub discussion

Books > Books you suggest?

Comments (showing 1-44 of 44) (44 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Felicity (new)

Felicity What are some good books you suggest reading?

message 2: by Felicity (new)

Felicity My all time favorite books is the Left Behind: The Kids series by Jerry B. Jenkins! MUST READ. ITS AMAZING.

message 3: by Hannah (new)

Hannah Nice. I LOVE

Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien
Prdie and Prejudice by Jane Austen
The Goose Girl by Shannon Hale
The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexander Dumas
Princess for Hire by Lindsey Leavitt
Princess Academy by Shannon Hale
Fablehaven by Brandon Mull
My Fair Godmother by Janette Rallison
(I could name so many more..)

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

The Warriors series by Erin Hunter is good.

Redwallcrazy- My God is Healer, Awesome in Power! (redwallcrazybigKOTfan) | 48 comments Hannah wrote: "Nice. I LOVE

Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien
Prdie and Prejudice by Jane Austen
The Goose Girl by Shannon Hale
The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexander Dumas
Princess for Hire by Lindsey Leavit..."

Ah man, I love Goose Girl, Princess for Hire, and Princess Academy, those books were totally awesome!

Redwallcrazy- My God is Healer, Awesome in Power! (redwallcrazybigKOTfan) | 48 comments I suggest the Redwall series by Brian Jacques
The King of the Trees by William D. Burt
The Door Within Trilogy by Wayne Thomas Batson
The Isle of Swords by Wayne Thomas Batson
Oh, and a totally must read for all Christians is The Wormling series by Jerry B. Jenkins. It is the best book series I have ever read! The first book is called the Book of the King, and that book is okay, but it really starts to get good about the second or third book.
Also This Present Darkness by Frank Peretti is a must read also!

message 7: by Brandy (new)

Brandy | 32 comments I would recommend anything by Ted Dekker and Frank Peretti! If you like a good crime thriller Pawn by Steven James is really good! He is a Christian author so it's very clean. But I will warn you a quite graphic!

Queen Susan the Gentle (highqueensusanofcairparavel) | 10 comments Would I be so inclined as to recommend the Knights of Arrethrae series? I enjoyed the fourth book greatly.

message 9: by Brandy (new)

Brandy | 32 comments The Chronicles of the King's by Lynn Austin is an amazing series! They are about King Hezekiah. And The Last Sin Eater by Francine Rivers was amazing!

message 10: by Bethany Rose, Allons-y! (last edited Sep 15, 2011 05:26PM) (new)

Bethany Rose (TheBookCaterpillar) | 244 comments Mod
Wow, I'll totally have to check those out!
Frank e Peretti is AMAZING!

Hmm... the Ranger's Apprentice series is awesome!
And Door Within trilogy that Red recommended is awesome.

Redwallcrazy- My God is Healer, Awesome in Power! (redwallcrazybigKOTfan) | 48 comments lol!! I watched the movie of the last sin eater, is that book better? I loved the movie.

message 12: by Brandy (new)

Brandy | 32 comments I always prefer books to the movies. But I was really impressed with the movie! It was exactly like the book! Which made me quite happy!:)

Redwallcrazy- My God is Healer, Awesome in Power! (redwallcrazybigKOTfan) | 48 comments lol, i love it when they do that!

Redwallcrazy- My God is Healer, Awesome in Power! (redwallcrazybigKOTfan) | 48 comments Oh, and the Restorer by Sharon Hinck, that book is so full of awesomeness!!!

message 15: by Lindsey (new)

Lindsey | 136 comments The Dragons in Our Midst series by Brian Davis. Really neat Christian/fiction/adventure/mytholigy books. ;)

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

Oh! I voted to read the for Book Spotlight in "REHAB"!!!

Queen Susan the Gentle (highqueensusanofcairparavel) | 10 comments Lindsey wrote: "The Dragons in Our Midst series by Brian Davis. Really neat Christian/fiction/adventure/mytholigy books. ;)"

I'll have to check them out. They sound cool.

message 19: by MizziQ (last edited Oct 09, 2011 03:41PM) (new)

MizziQ Rangers Apprentice
The Outsiders
The Shakespeare Stealer
The Last Thing I Remember
Mary, Bloody Mary

Most of these are from my favorites shelves. Their all amazing!

message 20: by Bethany Rose, Allons-y! (new)

Bethany Rose (TheBookCaterpillar) | 244 comments Mod
I LOVE Ranger's Apprentice! I want to read The Shakespeare Stealer so badly!

I haven't finished the book yet, but Entwined is amazing!

message 21: by MizziQ (new)

MizziQ I'll check it out. You should totally read the Shakespeare Stealer. There's a sequel too! I own both of them and LOVE them! :)

Emilee (Fantastical Paper Realm) (EmileeFantasticalPaperRealm) | 101 comments Mod
The Circle Series by Ted Dekker
Skin by Ted Dekker is one of my fav's!
Finding Alice by Melody Carlson
I love the Hunger Games! I'm so glad those are clean!
Dream House King's by Robert liparulo is a great YA series!
I love Jane Austen and Shakespeare!!
lol..I read alot so this could be forever long but I will stop here!

message 23: by Jessica (new)

Jessica (JesusFreakReader) | 5 comments roadside assistance by Amy Clipston
First Date by Krista McGee
Immanuel's veins by Ted Dekker
Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers
Mark of the Lion series by Francine Rivers

message 24: by Keamy (new)

Keamy Loken (keamymayloken) I'd add to the list the Little House on the Prairie series starting with: http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/83...

I am majorly into action and adventure books but this was really good.
I also think ever person must read "Baby Island" http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/79...

I really enjoyed this book also...(And I'm racking my brain again to make sure there is nothing bad comes to mind.) http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/16...
Also liked: http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/89...

message 25: by Melissa (new)

Melissa | 23 comments The river of time series by Lisa tawn bergern it's my favorite series ever!<3

message 26: by Jessica (new)

Jessica (JesusFreakReader) | 5 comments river of time is a good series. I just didn't like all the catholicness to it.

message 27: by Melissa (new)

Melissa | 23 comments How about the Christy miller series by robin jones gunn I love those books<3

Emilee (Fantastical Paper Realm) (EmileeFantasticalPaperRealm) | 101 comments Mod
Melissa wrote: "How about the Christy miller series by robin jones gunn I love those books"

I'm reading those now! Have you read The Sweet Seasons Series by Debbie Viguie? Not normally a fan of chick-lit but I love 2 of the characters, so it drew me in!

message 29: by Melissa (new)

Melissa | 23 comments Awesome emilee! and no i haven't but i might look them up lol

message 30: by DeAnna (new)

DeAnna Kinney | 2 comments Charity Moon

A paranormal romance without all the garbage. It's clean and morally based with spiritual elements throughout.

message 31: by Alison (new)

Alison Lee | 6 comments The Hiding Place by Corrie ten Boom

message 32: by Abigail (new)

Abigail (AbbieMay0604) | 36 comments The Outsiders is a Great book! has some language but not too bad. has a great plot. @BethanyRose

Abigail wrote: "The Outsiders is a Great book! has some language but not too bad. has a great plot. @BethanyRose"

I have that one now! Planning on reading it in a few days! I was told there was only one swear word in an intense scene....I have to get better sources...

message 34: by Abigail (new)

Abigail (AbbieMay0604) | 36 comments Well, maybe there is only one swear but the names they call people sometimes are just plain nasty. And there is violence but they don't go into too much detail so its okay.

message 35: by Abigail (new)

Abigail (AbbieMay0604) | 36 comments @Emilee

Ah, I see! Thanks for the clarification!

message 37: by Nathan (new)

Nathan (NathanYoung) Dracula by Bram Stoker. If you want to read a classic good guys verses bad guy book then this is it.

message 38: by L.D. (new)

L.D. Taylor | 2 comments Good coverage here of all the classics in many genres.
More modern Christian YA books would be:
Many-Coloured Realm (Fantasy)
- Jac of Hearts (Romance)
- Broken Melody (Drama/Romance)
- The Inheritance (Mystery Romance)
- Motive Games (High-tech thriller/mystery -- also mine just to be upfront)

message 39: by DeBorrah (new)

DeBorrah Ogans (dkogans) | 1 comments The Enchanting Legends Of Shiloh Mansion: the Young KingThe Enchanting Legends Of Shiloh Mansion: The Young King

message 40: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca I just read Captives by Jill Williamson. It is a Christian dystopian. I loved it!! Even more than Anomaly

message 41: by Haley (new)

Haley (HaleyJS) Captive Maiden by Melanie Dickerson.
Every Storm by Lori Wick!

message 43: by Haley (new)

Haley (HaleyJS) You read the Ascendance Trilogy?! I love the trilogy! Do you like them?

message 44: by Kenzie (new)

Kenzie | 13 comments A series I am reading know is the Christy Miller books! They are really good, but also have Christian things in it as well as teenager struggles and life!

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

To Catch a Pirate (other topics)
Entwined (other topics)
The Enchanting Legends Of Shiloh Mansion: The Young King (other topics)
Captives (other topics)
Anomaly (other topics)
More...